PDA

View Full Version : e-mail from Arnold regarding SB 585

Dont Tread on Me
10-21-2009, 7:43 AM
Arnolds reply

Thank you for writing in opposition to Senate Bill 585. Taking the time to communicate your views is essential to good citizenship and good government.

I am pleased to inform you that I vetoed this legislation after extensive consideration of arguments from both supporters and opponents of the issue. This bill would set a confusing precedent at the state level by prohibiting one District Agricultural Association (DAA) from selling firearms and ammunition, while allowing other DAAs to continue to do so. It would also result in decreased state and local tax revenues by restricting events at the Cow Palace. To read my veto message for the bill, please visit the Official California Legislative Information website at www.leginfo.ca.gov.

Again, thank you for taking the time to write. I value your suggestions on how government can better serve the people of our state.

Sincerely,

Arnold Schwarzenegger

squishyhead
10-21-2009, 9:16 AM
I'm sure he's going to lose sleep over that! Everyone, can you please remember to use the spell check option when you write to your elected representatives.

WarEagle
10-21-2009, 9:21 AM
I got the same email about SB585. Funny though... I wrote him just as many, if not more times about AB962, and no response. I'm eagerly awaiting his reply :rolleyes:

KracknCorn
10-21-2009, 9:23 AM
I'm sure he's going to lose sleep over that! Everyone, can you please remember to use the spell check option when you write to your elected representatives.

geez... a little pessimistic are we. Every bit counts and your negativity isn't helping squishyhead. Nice letter Don't Thread on Me.

HowardW56
10-21-2009, 9:25 AM
I got the same e-mail....

Dont Tread on Me
10-21-2009, 9:50 AM
I think it is important that we reply to say make clear that vetoing one anti gun bill while signing another does not make us gun owners happy!

squishyhead
10-21-2009, 9:55 AM
a little pessimistic are we. Every bit counts and your negativity isn't helping squishyhead.

If you say so. I alone sent over 500 emails to Arnold and called at least 5 times everyday, requesting him to veto AB962. I also managed to get every pro-gunner I know to try and do the same. The reality is that "our" reps are going to do whatever they want, and they couldn't care less about what we have to say.

jasilva
10-21-2009, 10:17 PM
If you say so. I alone sent over 500 emails to Arnold and called at least 5 times everyday, requesting him to veto AB962. I also managed to get every pro-gunner I know to try and do the same. The reality is that "our" reps are going to do whatever they want, and they couldn't care less about what we have to say.

So even spell checking didn't help you?:p

HkUSP45
10-21-2009, 10:24 PM
I'll be back...