PDA

View Full Version : Nutty Forum Software

04-11-2005, 2:05 AM
Is it just me, or does the forum software go bonkers for other people too?
It seems especially prevalent in the Riflemans Forum, and the OT.

Posts won't post.
Long hang times.
And other "wacky" stuff.

My connection is good, I know that for sure. Just wondering if anyone else shares these annoyances too...

04-11-2005, 2:05 AM
Is it just me, or does the forum software go bonkers for other people too?
It seems especially prevalent in the Riflemans Forum, and the OT.

Posts won't post.
Long hang times.
And other "wacky" stuff.

My connection is good, I know that for sure. Just wondering if anyone else shares these annoyances too...

pogo
04-11-2005, 8:32 AM
Whenever I load a Calguns page it takes a long time to load, and the page and its images flash on and off for a minute or two, if not longer.

Doesn't happen on any other website, but I figured it was my old Powermac with a slow 56K modem giving me trouble, are you on broadband Basura?

Mugwump
04-11-2005, 8:40 AM
Yes, I've noticed a few of the whacky things you mentioned. My favorite new whacky thing is how new topics on the main page get flushed everyday. I used to really like the way the site operated before we moved, and then moved back again. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

Rumpled
04-11-2005, 1:57 PM
Yeah, I've noticed prob's too.
I'm on broadband, and it's been slow the last coupla days - not my connection.
Also, last nite, the latest handgun post was listed as 3/30 - there have been many posts since then.
Also, searching the archives seems to cut out about a month or two ago, couldn't find some of my older posts by my username.
Figgered just software prob's with going back and forth etc.

imported_QuarterBoreGunner
04-11-2005, 8:54 PM
That's comforting; I thought it was just me. The other day the front pge was loading and it merged the lower half with the upper half. I thought it was some weird transition effect- having Koretz's picture superimposed over the normal Calguns logo at the top of the page.

04-11-2005, 10:52 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by pogo:
Whenever I load a Calguns page it takes a long time to load, and the page and its images flash on and off for a minute or two, if not longer.

Doesn't happen on any other website, but I figured it was my old Powermac with a slow 56K modem giving me trouble, <span class="ev_code_RED">are you on broadband Basura?</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Affirmative.
I know it isn't on my side, and it doesn't always seem to be simply a server problem on the Calguns end either.

Edited to add:

I can't complain too much, since the price is right for use of the service. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RRangel
04-12-2005, 10:12 PM
Some members need to follow the advice and shrink their avatars. Some of them are way to big. That causes some of the forum pages to initially look large because you are seeing the huge picture and then it quickly shrinks.

icormba
04-13-2005, 9:30 PM
I must apologize for my part of screwing up posts I was involved in…
Last week my entire server went down for about 12 hours… My aviator is linked off my site and any post I was on would not load. I actually screwed-up about 5-6 different forums across the country that I frequent… DOH!