PDA

View Full Version : M1 GARAND

socomIInato
10-20-2009, 6:47 PM
allright guys, my brother in law seems too want sell his M1 GARAND.:eek: whats the going price on a mint condtion springfield armory inc. M1? thanks guy in advance. hard financial times are forcing him to sell it. not to mention the cost to feed it! this is a civilian version from SPRINFIELD ARMORY INC.

Jonathan Doe
10-20-2009, 7:08 PM
I guess the value depends on the condition and the serial number range. Without photos and serial number range, it will be hard to estimate. I have bought a HRA Garand in good condition last year for $600. There are other garands from about $500 - $1,200 range. I just picked up a match garand for $1,000 two days ago.

dot429
10-20-2009, 7:19 PM
Not sure what they are going for, but a quick look on gunbroker.com should give you an idea.

I would get it if you can, they are awesome rifles and I just love the sound they make after the last round is fired and the en-bloc clip pops out!

sevensix2x51
10-20-2009, 7:20 PM
this a new production garand? as in, built a few years ago, non-c&r? hmm, i have no idea. just wanted that point to be cleared up.

becxltoo984
10-20-2009, 7:21 PM
Its his Rilfe what is he asking ?

Noobert
10-20-2009, 8:03 PM
some pictures, if you can, will probably make it easier to give a more accurate estimate

popeye4
10-20-2009, 8:08 PM
Is it built on an SAI cast receiver? If so, I'd pass. CMP still has service grade USGI Garands for about $600, and you get it delivered to your doorstep by a nice Fedex delivery person!

socomIInato
10-20-2009, 11:07 PM
Is it built on an SAI cast receiver? If so, I'd pass. CMP still has service grade USGI Garands for about $600, and you get it delivered to your doorstep by a nice Fedex delivery person!
wakeup popeye this is a factory SPRINGFIELD ARMORY INC.(private company).mint condtion. as I recall it`s only been out twice to shoot it. probably no more then 300 rds down the tube. more then 10 yrs old. all springfield inc are cast, even their M1a.

ocabj
10-21-2009, 5:47 AM
Take whatever you bought it for before tax and dros, slash 15% off of it, and see if it sells. Then keep dropping the price progressively.

The aftermarket M1 Garand clones by SA Inc are a niche rifle. I think they retailed in excess of $1200. Compare that to the standard $500 average for a mixmaster original USGI M1, most people opted for the USGI M1, either CMP purchased or private party. For those that want a 'new looking' M1, they would buy a USGI M1 and simply rebarrel and put a new stock on it, which comes out to less than $1K. For this reason, it'll be hard to sell the SA Inc M1 clone on a gun forum. I would try gunbroker or gunsamerica, or even bring it Turners on consignment, because you're target for this sale will be less knowledgeable buyers.

Not trying to belittle you. Just providing some honest info on how to sell it.

NavDoc
10-21-2009, 9:37 AM
FWIW,
I bought my SA Garand NIB for $999 in 2002, prior to moving out here. SA sold NIB Garands for a year or two back then, 308 and 30-06. Sweet rifles. They even had a special edition "Iwo Jima" model. Good luck.