PDA

View Full Version : Cheapest C-Products 10rd Mags

Getoffthecomputer
10-20-2009, 12:23 PM
I think I found the cheapest way to get these mags, and that is from the companies website here:

http://www.cproductsllc.com/

They are $11.95 plus shipping.

The Shipping is $6.95 flat rate for 10 or less so it's a better deal if you buy 10.

Any other input?

dachan
10-20-2009, 12:48 PM
Same deal or better from ParallaxTactical and they move to SD last month so you'll get your mags overnight.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=195634

Getoffthecomputer
10-20-2009, 12:57 PM
Looks like 44mag.com is also a good deal. I may have posted prematurely. However, looks like $12 each including shipping is the best deal. I'm just not sure I need more than 4 mags.

troysland
10-20-2009, 1:03 PM
Ammunitiontogo.com

I believe I saw them for $9.96, haven't checked lately.

troysland
10-20-2009, 1:06 PM
Sorry, might have been another site. My Blackberry doesn't have all my bookmarks.

CHS
10-20-2009, 1:52 PM
I'm just not sure I need more than 4 mags.

Then you're not shooting enough.

I aim to have AT LEAST 10 mags for each type of magazine that I require. I don't feel comfortable with any less.

Right now I'm trying to up that count to 20-25 per mag type.

Remember, magazines are consumables. They wear out and need to be replaced and/or repaired. It's better to have more than you need than not enough.

Darklyte27
10-20-2009, 1:58 PM
are you looking for 10 rd mags? i got mine for 11$ each from wideners.com

jasonnorcal
10-20-2009, 8:02 PM
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/1-c-products-ar15-223-aluminum-10rd-magazine-w-grey-antit/cName/ar15-mags-223556-ar15-mags

xcrunner805
10-20-2009, 9:12 PM
Good deal on those ... but took about 2 months to receive them...I ordered two last mid October and got them around Xmas. I called C-products and bugged them my order hadn't arrived and they said they had to actually make them and it was taking awhile cause they were way behind schedule manufacturing up to the demand. Good Luck!

Dangerpin
10-20-2009, 11:33 PM
http://www.ammunitiontogo.com/catalog1/product_info.php/pName/1-c-products-ar15-223-aluminum-10rd-magazine-w-grey-antit/cName/ar15-mags-223556-ar15-mags

This site is NOT firefox friendly. Use IE to order. Ok, I take back that statement. It isn't that it doesn't like my firefox, it just doesn't like ME. Can't get the darn thing to complete an order. Oh well, that is what phones are for.

ShelbyGT500
10-21-2009, 1:35 AM
^ works for me under firefox

Rover
10-21-2009, 2:43 AM
Quick question for those using C Products mags. Do you find that they're a total PITA to load? I have one that came with my lower and the 1st round goes in easily, 2-10 suck, they seem to take excessive force, and I can't for the life of me find a way to insert them without gouging the bullet. Are they al like that, or did I just get a bunk mag?

MasterYong
10-21-2009, 8:11 AM

I'd buy as many mags as you can afford for every gun you've got. The reason so many folks on here have high-caps is because they bought so many when they could. If the anti's had their way you'd be restricted to even less than 10 round mags. I buy at least 10 mags, if not many more when I find a good deal, for every gun I own just in case the restrictions get even worse.

On the other hand of course, if the restrictions are lifted then you have a bunch of 10-round mags that have a lower capacity than what is legal. Hopefully in that even most of them will only be 10-round followers and not ten-round bodies so you can go back with little investment.

I'd rather be safe than sorry though.

etaon
10-21-2009, 9:34 AM
Quick question for those using C Products mags. Do you find that they're a total PITA to load? I have one that came with my lower and the 1st round goes in easily, 2-10 suck, they seem to take excessive force, and I can't for the life of me find a way to insert them without gouging the bullet. Are they al like that, or did I just get a bunk mag?

How are you loading it? My experience was if I loaded the rounds in by pushing from front to back like on a pistol mag, they were really hard to load. If I loaded from the top pushing down between the feed lips, not so bad.

sspen003
10-21-2009, 9:36 AM
They suck horribly. Save your money and get some Pmags, or some Mil-spec ones.

Here is a great site for rebuild kits:
http://www.44mag.com/default.asp

MasterYong
10-21-2009, 9:56 AM
They suck horribly. Save your money and get some Pmags, or some Mil-spec ones.

Here is a great site for rebuild kits:
http://www.44mag.com/default.asp

+1000 on the pmags. pmags ROCK.

I've had bad experiences with C-products mags but others on this forum have had really good experiences so it's up to you. For me, personally, I'll just spend the extra money on the pmags.

Barney Gumble
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM

Mags are like ammo: you buy them when you don't need them, because when you really need them you won't be able to get them. This is a lesson a lot of people learned the hard way during the post-election frenzy.

I'd buy 10 mags now, and then buy more whenever you have some spare funds.

rumblebee
10-21-2009, 12:44 PM
+1 for ParallaxTactical

Same deal or better from ParallaxTactical and they move to SD last month so you'll get your mags overnight.
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=195634

zman
10-21-2009, 3:41 PM
On a side note: Do these 10-rd C-Prod mags take the Magpul Ranger Plates?

CHS
10-21-2009, 3:50 PM

Yes, but they reduce the capacity to 9rd's.

wash
10-21-2009, 4:01 PM
Not if you trim the follower a little.

Mine all have ranger floor plates and hold 10 rounds.

So far they all feed fine.

jasonnorcal
10-21-2009, 6:55 PM
How are you loading it? My experience was if I loaded the rounds in by pushing from front to back like on a pistol mag, they were really hard to load. If I loaded from the top pushing down between the feed lips, not so bad.

I load mine straight down with no problems.

jasonnorcal
10-21-2009, 6:57 PM
+1000 on the pmags. pmags ROCK.

I've had bad experiences with C-products mags but others on this forum have had really good experiences so it's up to you. For me, personally, I'll just spend the extra money on the pmags.

I've had no problems with my C-mags.

Why does everyone have pmags though:confused:

sspen003
10-21-2009, 8:01 PM
had issues with the mags barely holding ten rounds but then could not be inserted into the chamber with the bolt closed and about 50% of the time the bolt would lock even though a round was still in the Mag.

Ihave heard that C-Products has problems with quality control. I think its really just the luck of the draw if you get a good mag or not

osis32
10-21-2009, 8:08 PM
I just got my c products mag that was supposed to be shipped with my kit 2 weeks ago. I was gonna ask if they were any good it seems to be a mixed bag. they are the cheapest mags out there that Ive found unfortunately.

CHS
10-21-2009, 11:33 PM
Why does everyone have pmags though:confused:

Because frankly, they're better.

bombadillo
10-22-2009, 12:09 AM
I honestly like the dryfilm steel mags myself or any old school mag I can find. As stated before in another thread, the older the magazine is the better I seem to like it. I found some early 70's mags that feed and function better than any other magazine that I've shot. I keep them at home and don't ever use them. i only use a whopping 4 magazines when I go the range and the slough of others sit around waiting for use someday...

Rover
10-22-2009, 4:12 AM

Normally, yes, I do load them like a pistol mag from the front, tried top-loading, it does seam easier, but still a PITA. I also noticed they mar the brass right at the shoulder when feeding. Not too big a deal I guess, I only have 1.

My cut-down Pmags are great, hate the look of them, but they do function well:cool:

MasterYong
10-22-2009, 7:50 AM

Isn't that like putting a spoiler on an old VW bug??? :p

CHS
10-22-2009, 8:44 AM
Isn't that like putting a spoiler on an old VW bug??? :p

The C products 10's are just too short and if you have a slightly tight magwell there's very little mag sticking out for you to grab and yank free.

The ranger floor plates in that case will do EXACTLY what they're designed to do and help you pull the mags free.

They also act as a good bumper when dropping the mag free of the gun onto the ground.

So they actually have some use.

MasterYong
10-22-2009, 8:58 AM
The C products 10's are just too short and if you have a slightly tight magwell there's very little mag sticking out for you to grab and yank free.

The ranger floor plates in that case will do EXACTLY what they're designed to do and help you pull the mags free.

They also act as a good bumper when dropping the mag free of the gun onto the ground.

So they actually have some use.

The post was in jest of course- the ranger floorplates probable have more utility on C-prod mags then most other brands.

I was only ever able to get one of the c-products mags that I bought to fit in any of my 5 lowers, and that was after squishing it in a vice LOL. The others have been ground up and cut to be mag catchers for my AR57.

I have ranger plates on most of my other mags and I wouldn't have it any other way. Those things are awesome, especially for getting the mag out of a mag pouch on a vest.

wash
10-22-2009, 9:30 AM
I've got six C-prod 10 round magazines, they all feed fine, just as good as my p-mags as far as I can tell.

I don't like the 10-20 or 10-30 look, it's too easy to mix in a pre-ban magazine and create an AW. I don't want to bother with cutting down a p-mag either so I went with c-prod.

The Ranger plate gives you something to grab and a little cushion when you slam the magazine when you do a push pull to make sure the mag catch has a hold on the magazine. All of my 10-10's have them.

bombadillo
10-22-2009, 9:48 AM
I did have some problems with one c-products mag not actually wanting to lock in and I think the catch hole was punched slightly off or something. I still use it at the range and for days when I don't care if it gets banged around a lot or crushed by a car!

zman
10-22-2009, 5:03 PM
Yes, but they reduce the capacity to 9rd's.

Good to know. Thanks!

Sinestr
10-22-2009, 6:20 PM
Thanks for the heads up guy's, picked some more up.

408teach
10-23-2009, 1:41 PM
where can you buy grey 20round mag kits these days besides cproducts 44mag does not sell them anymore?

jasonnorcal
10-23-2009, 1:48 PM
Because frankly, they're better.

Yes, but why