PDA

View Full Version : Any response from "Ask Meg"?

DougJ
10-20-2009, 9:17 AM
I gave it a shot on the 14th of October. I have had no response as of yet to this email:

Doug Jones
to AskMeg@megwhitman.com

date Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 10:38 AM
subject AB 962 and 2A rights

Ma’am, based on your background I think you would be a good choice as far as the economic issues our State is facing.

What about politically hard decisions such as:

What will you do about the immense costs associated with the illegal immigrant population on our economy?

Will you try to reduce the huge costs of the “entitlement” programs that are straining our tax dollars?

Will you reduce the tax and administrative burdens on small business?

Do you believe as Reagan did that tax reductions will improve the ecomomy and increase tax revenue?

I do have a few questions about other interests:

What was/is your position is on the recently passed AB 962?

E-bay is staunchly anti-gun, as CEO what was your input on that position?

What is your position on the District of Columbia vs Heller Decision and the possible impact on CA gun laws?

What is your position on the death penalty for violent criminals?

Thank you, and I look forward to your responses.

Doug Jones,
Prather, CA

00BuckShot
10-20-2009, 9:32 AM
Yeah...good luck with that. I do applaud your effort in getting answers from prospective politicians though.

wash
10-20-2009, 10:05 AM
I think you need to play softball.

Ask her what she wants to do about health care or education, then if you get a response about that, you'll see that she only wants to answer questions that she thinks will be good for her.

So, use a different email address and ask a softball question. The softball only, make it one simple question that you think a lot of people might ask.

If you get a reply, then ask the second amendment questions, not before.

If she replies to the softball but remains silent on the hard question, that tells you a lot about how much she wants to answer second amendment questions.

If she does not reply to the softball question, that tells you how much she wants to talk to citizens.

DougJ
10-20-2009, 10:25 AM
Bleh, #&%K playing softball. If her staff won't answer these questions at all it tells me everything I need to know.

Why would I want to waste the time on her? If we can't get some real conservative voices back in our system this country is doomed. The kind of people I want to vote for would answer these questions, even if I might not like all the answers.

I'll have to assume if I do not get a reply, that she or more likely one of her staff weanies read this and prompty deleted it. I think I'll forward it back to them to give them another chance to respond, that's as far as I'll go.

wash
10-20-2009, 10:39 AM
If you want to call out someone for lying about answering questions, you should get proof first.

I could care less or else I would do it.

It could be that your email is getting caught in a spam filter...

I don't think that's the case, but prove it.

Legasat
10-20-2009, 10:52 AM
I have joined her forum and posted questions. I have emailed her multiple times. I have called several of her offices just to be referred back to the forums for Q&A.

She does NOT want to answer my question. What is my question? "What is your stance on the 2nd amendment, and legal ownership of guns. Please explain in detail."

Casual_Shooter
10-20-2009, 10:56 AM
She advertised this on radio (and TV?).... her website and email is going to be over loaded. No way she's going to be able to give personal responses.

Besides my opinion in the other "Ask Meg" post, the best she could do is come out and say, "After reviewing all of the wonderful emails and notes I've received, it's obvious the people of California want change... and I'm here to tell you... blah blah blah".

berto
10-20-2009, 11:04 AM
I've gotten nothing of substance back from her. "Ask Meg" is a joke and her campaign has no clue.

Doug L
10-20-2009, 11:11 AM
I gave it a shot on the 14th of October. I have had no response as of yet to this email:

Doug Jones
to AskMeg@megwhitman.com

Ma’am, based on your background I think you would be a good choice as far as the economic issues our State is facing.

What will you do about...

Excellent questions!
I'm on pins and needles awaiting her detailed response (he says sarcastically).

I think you need to play softball.

Ask her what she wants to do about health care or education, then if you get a response about that, you'll see that she only wants to answer questions that she thinks will be good for her...

I understand, you think we should first try to draw her out, in order to engage her in a dialogue.
However, there's really no need to prove something that already seems pretty obvious, namely that she---like all of the other weasely, mealy-mouthed Republicans---have no interest in, or desire to go on record answering any "controversial" questions. [Naturally, the questions are only considered "controversial" by those people who don't want them to be asked in the first place.]

wash
10-20-2009, 11:30 AM
Obvious to some might not be so obvious to others.

Proof will open eyes.

dwtt
10-20-2009, 2:23 PM
No response at all. I really didn't expect her campaign to respond since it's clear she's a charlatan and a fake. Unfortunately, there will be some people dumb enough to vote for her, look at how many people voted for the current president.

easy
10-20-2009, 5:18 PM
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:09 PM
To: Ask Meg
Subject: Your position(s)

Ok, I'm asking. There has been quite bit of discussion on the web about your lack of response to this venue, so some kind of reply would be in your best interests.

Where do you stand on gun control?

On the recent passage of AB962?

On incorporation of the Second Amendment to the state of California?

What is your position on social services for ILLEGAL immigrants/aliens?

How about the repeal of the Prisoners Bill of Rights?

easy,

Thank you so much for emailing us your questions. You can find Meg's platform on illegal immigration here: http://www.megwhitman.com/platform_sub_topic.php?id=386&type=. Meg's stance on the 2nd Amendment is as follows:

“I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.”

Thank you for helping us to build A New California!

Sincerely,

The Meg 2010 Media Team

JagerTroop
10-20-2009, 5:47 PM
... blah blah blah...Thank you for helping us to build A New California!

Sincerely,

The Meg 2010 Media Team

I would repeatedly reply with I did not address this to the Meg 2010 media team. I addressed it to Meg. Get used to my Name, because you'll be seeing it a lot, until my questions are directly, specifically, and personally answered

:D

ETA* oh, and, we don't want a NEW California... we want the one from many years ago. You know... when we were free?

WokMaster1
10-20-2009, 5:50 PM
Sent: Wednesday, October 14, 2009 7:09 PM
To: Ask Meg
Subject: Your position(s)

Ok, I'm asking. There has been quite bit of discussion on the web about your lack of response to this venue, so some kind of reply would be in your best interests.

Where do you stand on gun control?

On the recent passage of AB962?

On incorporation of the Second Amendment to the state of California?

What is your position on social services for ILLEGAL immigrants/aliens?

How about the repeal of the Prisoners Bill of Rights?

easy,

Thank you so much for emailing us your questions. You can find Meg's platform on illegal immigration here: http://www.megwhitman.com/platform_sub_topic.php?id=386&type=. Meg's stance on the 2nd Amendment is as follows:

“I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.”

Thank you for helping us to build A New California!

Sincerely,

The Meg 2010 Media Team

I bet her staffers are just feeding us what we want to hear. She doesn't care about ou 2A rights & she will crush it like a twig if she has a chance. All her replies are handled by her volunteers so she can turn around later & blame it on some "rouge" staffer.

Go Brown!

cj cake
10-20-2009, 6:21 PM
I bet her staffers are just feeding us what we want to hear. She doesn't care about ou 2A rights & she will crush it like a twig if she has a chance. All her replies are handled by her volunteers so she can turn around later & blame it on some "rouge" staffer.

Go Brown!

Of course they are.....politics as usual! When has a politician ever NOT done this. They all make me sick:puke:

Kid Stanislaus
10-20-2009, 7:48 PM
The question that SHOULD be asked is,

"If you cannot stand up and unabashedly support the 2nd Amendment, why are you passing yourself off as a Republican?"

gazzavc
10-20-2009, 9:27 PM
For all the good ask Meg is doing you might as well ask them to sent you round a Pepperoni Pizza.............

Casual_Shooter
10-21-2009, 8:54 AM
I bet her staffers are just feeding us what we want to hear.

I bet it's an automated system where the reply is based on key words in the emailed question.

DougJ
10-21-2009, 12:05 PM
For all the good ask Meg is doing you might as well ask them to sent you round a Pepperoni Pizza.............

:iagree:

DougJ
11-03-2009, 9:38 PM
Never did get any kind of reply, and I only resurrect this thread because of this article:

SF Gate (http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/12/MNCU15SUDJ.DTL)

Shotgun Man
11-03-2009, 10:04 PM

Doug Jones
to AskMeg@megwhitman.com

What will you do about the immense costs associated with the illegal immigrant population on our economy?

Will you try to reduce the huge costs of the “entitlement” programs that are straining our tax dollars?

Do you believe as Reagan did that tax reductions will improve the ecomomy and increase tax revenue?

I do have a few questions about other interests:

E-bay is staunchly anti-gun, as CEO what was your input on that position?

What is your position on the District of Columbia vs Heller Decision and the possible impact on CA gun laws?

Thank you, and I look forward to your responses.

Doug Jones,
Prather, CA

I'm not a candidate, but I'll answer your question as though I were.

I would do nothing. We are in a state of economic collapse. We cannot afford to be harrassing crop-pickers, etc.

Yes, certainly, although I do favor education loans. I have libertarian beliefs, but an educated work force only improves our economic potential.

Yes. Small business is the lifeblood our economic survival.

Generally, yes. But Reagan supported the AWB, so I prefer to distance myself from him.

I adamently oppose it. It is an attempt to undermine the 2A.

The 2A should be incorporated just as Jerry Brown has proposed. Furthermore, CA's AWB is blatantly unconstitutional.

The death penalty is a big waste of money. It is too much of a high-wire act for CA to attempt to perform at the present. We cannot balance our budget, educate our youth, maintain our economy, our prisons, or ensure our continued survival, and yet we think we can kill people appropriately? LOL.

We should not be pursuing such ends which often times involve government incompetence and questionable conduct by law enforcement when it well demonstrated that our goverment is simply disfunctional.

tonelar
11-03-2009, 10:16 PM
I vote for Shotgun Man

Shotgun Man
11-03-2009, 10:39 PM
I vote for Shotgun Man
Thanks. Kindest remark I've ever gotten here.:)

KylaGWolf
11-03-2009, 10:52 PM
Shotgun you lost my vote when you said the death penalty doesn't work. Eh maybe if we actually USED it in this state the criminals would stop or at least slow down. Sorry there are some in our prisons I would rather see dead then my tax dollars paying for their survival. Then again if those of us who are law abiding citizens were allowed to be armed and actually carry outside our homes the crime rate would be less to begin with :D.

m24armorer
11-03-2009, 10:59 PM
Meg is the one responsible for the Ebay and Paypal gun policy. I would go into details but it's not the place here.

I am a one issue voter, my rights regarding firearms.

Shotgun Man
11-03-2009, 11:01 PM
Shotgun you lost my vote when you said the death penalty doesn't work. Eh maybe if we actually USED it in this state the criminals would stop or at least slow down. Sorry there are some in our prisons I would rather see dead then my tax dollars paying for their survival. Then again if those of us who are law abiding citizens were allowed to be armed and actually carry outside our homes the crime rate would be less to begin with :D.

CA is in a state of utter turmoil. Do you trust the government? I cannot.

Beatone
11-03-2009, 11:31 PM
Heck no she's a anti. No vote from me.

bg
11-04-2009, 11:15 AM
From what I've heard out of her radio commercials, there's only
3 things she wants to deal with right off the bat, education, jobs,
and state spending.

The rest will have to take a back burner, I guess. No vote here.