PDA

View Full Version : school me on underfolders

tommyid1
10-19-2009, 10:27 AM
I want to build an ak underfolder. I think there are three types right? Yugo, polish, and hungarian. What's the main differences between all the ak underfolders and post pics of your builds if you can.
Thanks
Tom

djleisure
10-19-2009, 10:47 AM
Paging 69Mach1, you're wanted in the Centerfire Rifles section... 69Mach1, to the Centerfire Rifles section, please. Thank you.

69Mach1
10-19-2009, 10:55 AM
Underfolders have the same basic underfolding mechanism, but you have to make sure the rear UF trunnions match the particular countries UF stock. It's best to by a complete parts kit, or at least an complete UF stock set with matching trunnion. I prefer the Yugo, Polish, and Hungarian. The Yugo UF parts kit is cheapest right now. Polish and Hungarian are going for premium. Check out my how to thread, to lock your UF in the open position. Or add a looong muzzle attachment to have a working underfolder. Remember, 30 inches long is the min. when the stock is folded.

HkUSP45
10-19-2009, 2:41 PM
I'm new to AK. What parts would I need to build this http://www.atlanticfirearms.com/storeproduct426.aspx
Planning to pin the stock in fixed position.
Rapid Fire sells the fake suppressor attachment.

69Mach1
10-19-2009, 3:04 PM
That's a Yugo M92 "Krinkov". Those are originally short barreled rifles, so you will need the correct fake suppressor to pin or weld on to the barrel to make the federal min of 16 inches. Then pin the stock in the open position to be CA legal. Parts kits are around $650.