PDA

View Full Version : Range near Fremont that allows rapid-fire (pistol)

docrice
10-18-2009, 2:20 PM
The indoor range that I generally go to has a 3-seconds-between-shots rule. Can anyone recommend a place that would allow me progression to 1 second per shot and eventually faster? I'd rather stick to the general lower-East Bay or South Bay areas. Where I go now there's no way I can work on rapid-fire or double-taps and it's very limiting for self-defense practice.

thempopresense
10-18-2009, 2:26 PM
only range I know that allows rapid fire without being a cop, or have some sort of training or outside, of league is bullseye in San Rafael. You have to keep on target, and if you break it you pay to fix it.

Check out monday night league at targetmasters in milpitas. They are always looking for new shooters and have a couple rapid fire stages. They even allow draw from holster after you demonstrate it in a safe mannor.

jchen76@gmail.com
10-18-2009, 3:30 PM
Jackson Arms in South San Fran. allows double taps and sane rapid fire. They charge you for any damaged equipment.

DiscoBayJoe
10-18-2009, 3:35 PM
It's called "east oakland". The range opens about sundown and you know you are in the right spot when you see cars doing donuts with people hanging out the window. Don't forget to pick up your brass!

bruceflinch
10-18-2009, 3:40 PM
It's called "east oakland". The range opens about sundown and you know you are in the right spot when you see cars doing donuts with people hanging out the window. Don't forget to pick up your brass!

Just bring a revolver or two, shoot & get out of Dodge...:43:

wellfedirishman
10-18-2009, 4:18 PM
Try Los Altos Range up in the Santa Cruz Hills. Its about 40 minutes from Fremont.
http://www.losaltosrodandgunclub.com/driving_directions.html

They allow rapid fire with 22s (at least on the tin can range where I have gone). It's fun (and challenging) to ventilate coke cans as fast as you can.

It's a nice range, and strictly run. Just follow the rangemaster and all will go well.

pinwheels
10-18-2009, 5:00 PM
Richmond Rod & Gun Club, USPSA practice Saturdays 9-1 or so. You need to take their competitive handgun class first (and pass). Practice sessions have USPSA cardboard and plates for stationary practice.

docrice
10-18-2009, 8:06 PM
Thanks for the responses so far. I may look into Jackson Arms. I've been to the Richmond Rod and Gun Club a couple of times as I used to live near Richmond a long time ago; is there a way to self-practice for rapid fire after the initial test?

I've shot at Bullseye once and it's nice to have the option for controlled rapid fire, but their range fees are rather expensive and plus it's rather far with the bridge toll.

Does the Los Altos facility allow rapid-fire with .45?

I go to Targetmasters as it's relatively close (and cheapest for range time) but only a couple of rapid-fire stages during the bullseye league isn't really going to be sufficient, I think.

pinwheels
10-19-2009, 1:06 PM
USPSA practice is not on the regular 25 yd pistol range, but on the action range. It's behind the 25 yard range to the right around the berm, and only on Saturdays. Richmond Hotshots supervises (http://richmondhotshots.com). Once cleared, you're on your own. Pay your fees at the RO shack ($10 non-member), walk over to the action range, sign in and put your receipt in the envelope (usually on bay 3), introduce yourself to the RO, and have at it. No issues as long as you're clearly safe. Bay 4 usually has a sample USPSA stage set up with a couple of ROs with shot timers too.