PDA

View Full Version : Looking for AA&T U-Verse Users in San Diego

SDJim
10-18-2009, 12:43 PM
I was reviewing bills yesterday and noticed my Direct TV has gone up and I find myself less and less satisfied with Earthlink's paltry 1.1 - 1.3Mbps download speeds along with their sucky customer support.

So I was looking into AT&T U-Verse and was wondering if their service is everything they say it is.

Anyone in SD a U-Verse customer willing to share their experience?

Thanks.

SDJim

ChopperX
10-18-2009, 6:43 PM
I had att for thier DSL but not uverse. We upgraded our DSL line to 6mbps but we still got 1.5 for like 2 weeks after we ordered it. After calling and calling they kept telling us the same thing "Sir in our system its showing 6mbps." I did numerous speed test. Still 1.5

So i called up Time Warner cable and got their 5mb package. Soooo much better. And i Get the true 5mb speed

Digital_Boy
10-18-2009, 6:50 PM
I have the 18/1.8 Uverse package, data only. Speeds are pretty solid. Haven't tried it with any online games yet, but from all accounts ping times and latency are nice and low.

I'd much prefer if I had a real choice here in the Miramar area, but between ATT and Slime Warner Cable, I'll go with ATT.

PolishMike
10-18-2009, 7:08 PM
If you want internet speed stay away from ATT. No where near fast enough for me. The TV interface is better than TWC IMO.

My connection (comcast) in norcal -
http://www.speedtest.net/result/531182108.png

Here in SD -
http://www.speedtest.net/result/596177013.png

Digital_Boy
10-18-2009, 8:21 PM
Believe me mike, if I had my druthers, I'd have Verizon FIOS or SureWest 100MBit symmetric fiber in a heartbeat, but I have to make do with what I can actually get here in SD. :(

Edit: so far, according to the reps I talk to at TWC, the highest speed package like you have isn't rolled out in my particular part of town, and I'm literally less than 3 miles away from their main office near Miramar. Friend of mine in Vista can get 15Mbit+ packages, but not here in Mira Mesa.

PolishMike
10-18-2009, 8:35 PM
Believe me mike, if I had my druthers, I'd have Verizon FIOS or SureWest 100MBit symmetric fiber in a heartbeat, but I have to make do with what I can actually get here in SD. :(

Edit: so far, according to the reps I talk to at TWC, the highest speed package like you have isn't rolled out in my particular part of town, and I'm literally less than 3 miles away from their main office near Miramar. Friend of mine in Vista can get 15Mbit+ packages, but not here in Mira Mesa.

I have the base package.