PDA

View Full Version : Deutsche Werke Ortgies Pocket Automatic 7.65mm Browning

Stryfe76
10-18-2009, 11:25 AM
Just placed an Ortgies Pocket Pistol in 11 day jail yesterday does anyone know much about these?

It looks to be in decent shape for an ~85 year old pistol, bluing is faded and a touch of surface rust beginning to form. Barrel looks rough but servicable, unfortunately it didn't have a magazine so I've ordered a repro from TripleK to hold me over until I locate a factory mag.

I've done some research online and know the basics along with the history of the pistol. One of the guys at the store owned a few and suggested I not change the springs if I'm going to be shooting American .32 ACP as they're not loaded as hot as the Euro 7.65mm Browning and may not be able cycle the weapon with a new spring.

Any thing I should watch out for or first hand experience with these pistols to share?

Thanks,
-R

tunder
10-18-2009, 2:06 PM
The only problem I've ever had with mine is running out of ammo.
Good shooter and, other than caliber, is a decent jacket pocket carry gun.

Stryfe76
10-18-2009, 4:27 PM
Thanks Tunder!

I just bought 3 boxes of magtech FMJs to run through it. I hope only having 1 mag makes it last awhile.

M1A Rifleman
02-10-2010, 12:38 PM
I inherited a 25 auto. They are well made but parts availability will be a problem. Replacement wood grips and original mags are not available, so be carefull. Google the history of the Ortgies as its interesting.

Grendl
02-10-2010, 3:04 PM
What are these worth? I've got a line on a 25 and have been thinking about picking it up (always like to have more than one firearm in each caliber I amass) :)

M1A Rifleman
02-10-2010, 3:08 PM
What are these worth? I've got a line on a 25 and have been thinking about picking it up (always like to have more than one firearm in each caliber I amass) :)

Last I checked on the values, less than $200 in perfect condition. I was sort of disapointed they were of more value.

Grendl
02-10-2010, 3:15 PM
Last I checked on the values, less than $200 in perfect condition. I was sort of disapointed they were of more value.

Thanks. But is that a national average or an inflated Kalifornia price? :)

Spiggy
02-10-2010, 4:47 PM
tops, $300, tops...

The Imperial and Nazi Germanies did not kid around with their .32's, should be a decent shooter

gotgunz
02-10-2010, 4:50 PM
I have one in .25 auto.

All I can say is be extra careful if you disassemble it. Like stated before parts can be difficult to come by.

Grendl
02-11-2010, 9:00 AM
tops, $300, tops...

The Imperial and Nazi Germanies did not kid around with their .32's, should be a decent shooter

That's what they're asking for the .25. I could more easily justify spending $300 for a .32.

Have we previously discussed a special C&R sales area? I'm tired of weeding through ads for OLLs and CA legal AKs :)

Spiggy
02-11-2010, 11:46 AM
generally when you ask for price, you need to list pictures, condition, and configuration, as well as paper documents if you have them. Capture Papers make any gun worth it's weight in silver.