PDA

View Full Version : AR Pistol Wanted to Trade

Gunnerguy
10-17-2009, 11:46 PM
Hello,

I'm looking for an AR pistol to trade for and if you've got one that's on the Calif list or one that's a PPT in SoCal, please PM or email me.

I've got a lot of stuff to trade, from 300+ knives, guns, optics, access, antiques, MRE's and much more.

Thanks.

69Mach1
10-17-2009, 11:54 PM
Please include your location. Some basic info on the guns, etc. might also help. And FYI, there's no AR pistol that's on the "list" of approved handguns. This is strictly a FTF private party transfer (unless LEO).

Gunnerguy
10-18-2009, 12:20 AM
Thanks for letting me know that there were no "list" AR pistols.

I was at OC Armory 2 weeks ago and they had one for sale that was brand new, so I assumed that new AR pistols were avail. So you're telling me that I can't buy an AR pistol lower in Calif, unless it's a PPT ?

I'm in north OC.

As far as stuff to trade, it depends on the AR pistol, but I've got too much stuff to list here and it would take too long. It's better if someone who has an AR pistol wants to trade it, could contact me directly and we can go from there.

Thanks.

ke6guj
10-18-2009, 12:28 AM
AR-pistols in a specific configuration are available. First, it must have a maglock, and no more than a 10-round magazine, lest it be considered an Assault Weapon. If it is an AW, then it can't be possessed in CA.

Second, because they are not Rostered, they can't be purchased/transfered through a dealer except in a roster-exempt transfer. Either via a PPT/cosignment, out-of-state intrafamily transfer, or if you are a LEO. The other way to get an AR-pistol is to purchase one that is in a roster-exempt configuration. That would be as a dimensionally-compliant single-shot pistol. Replace the 10-round mag with a zero-round "SLED", and you now have a single-shot pistol that can be transfered through a dealer.

And you can't just purchase a strippped pistol lower and put that together either.

Gunnerguy
10-18-2009, 7:34 AM
AR-pistols in a specific configuration are available. First, it must have a maglock, and no more than a 10-round magazine, lest it be considered an Assault Weapon. If it is an AW, then it can't be possessed in CA.

Second, because they are not Rostered, they can't be purchased/transfered through a dealer except in a roster-exempt transfer. Either via a PPT/cosignment, out-of-state intrafamily transfer, or if you are a LEO. The other way to get an AR-pistol is to purchase one that is in a roster-exempt configuration. That would be as a dimensionally-compliant single-shot pistol. Replace the 10-round mag with a zero-round "SLED", and you now have a single-shot pistol that can be transfered through a dealer.

And you can't just purchase a strippped pistol lower and put that together either.

Ok.....I got it, so none of the gun manufacturers have submitted an AR pistol for roster approva, that was my mistake and I thought there was new guns for sale here.

So the only way I can buy an AR pistol in Calif is to have a 10rd BB locked mag gun from a PPT or I can build one as a single shot. Got it and thanks for the explanation.

So if anyone has an AR pistol with the BB that they'd like to trade, please let me know.

THanks again for the help.

DisgruntledReaper
10-18-2009, 10:50 AM
'I can build one as a single shot. Got it and thanks for the explanation.
'

No,No...you CANNOT build up a AR pistol PERIOD unless you are a LEO(I call BS on that) The ONLY 2 ways you can get one is through a FFL(OC Armory) that is brought in as a single shot THEN you make a 10 shooter AFTER you take posession... OR you have to get one via FTF/PPT here in the state..

Back in the good old days of like 5 yrs ago you COULD have bought a bare receiver and registered it as a pistol and build it up BUT since the worthless roster came around we 'civilians' cannot do such things...

So to reiterate NO 'home assembly' of a pistol 'kit' on a bare AR lower!! Keep it legal and keep out of 'club fed'

Happy hunting and good luck finding one for under $1000-1200

Try calling Riflegear also,the did have 1-2 last time i was there..

Hopi
10-18-2009, 10:55 AM
'I can build one as a single shot. Got it and thanks for the explanation.
'

No,No...you CANNOT build up a AR pistol PERIOD unless you are a LEO(I call BS on that) The ONLY 2 ways you can get one is through a FFL(OC Armory) that is brought in as a single shot THEN you make a 10 shooter AFTER you take posession... OR you have to get one via FTF/PPT here in the state..

Back in the good old days of like 5 yrs ago you COULD have bought a bare receiver and registered it as a pistol and build it up BUT since the worthless roster came around we 'civilians' cannot do such things...

So to reiterate NO 'home assembly' of a pistol 'kit' on a bare AR lower!! Keep it legal and keep out of 'club fed'

Happy hunting and good luck finding one for under $1000-1200

Try calling Riflegear also,the did have 1-2 last time i was there..

AR pistol receivers are also importable via the interfamiliar transfer exemption.