PDA

View Full Version : SIG556 sights

b0lingball
10-17-2009, 7:07 PM
Can I use any folding front and rear sights for a sig556 or does it have to be a specific brand?

gimmejr
10-17-2009, 7:37 PM
Are you talking about a Sig with a full quad rail or one without?

MI makes one here for the front if no rail all the way forward.

http://www.midwestindustriesinc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=222

Flying Sig
10-17-2009, 9:35 PM
Sig and AR sights have different elevations meaning that you can't use a Sig front sight with a standard Height rear AR sight, and vice versa.

If you have the quad rail, you can use any matched set of sights (Sig or AR height). If no rail, use the MI sights. Personally, I prefer the front sight on the gas block rather than on the rail.

I bought the MI sight combo but I use the MI front sight with a Matech flip up rear sight which works quite well. Just remember that the MI sight and similar AR height front sights will not be compatible with the Sig factory rear BUIS.

-FS

lrdchivalry
10-18-2009, 9:01 AM
I have Midwest Industries flip up front sight made for the 556 and a MI flip up rear sight and it works great.

Flying Sig
10-18-2009, 2:33 PM
Right, because they are both AR height sights. The MI sights made for the 556 are still AR height. Says so right in the description. Try using your MI rear sight with the stock Sig 556 front sight. Won't work. Thats what I was trying to get at. Forgive me if you were refering to something else.

-FS

lrdchivalry
10-19-2009, 9:48 AM
Right, because they are both AR height sights. The MI sights made for the 556 are still AR height. Says so right in the description. Try using your MI rear sight with the stock Sig 556 front sight. Won't work. Thats what I was trying to get at. Forgive me if you were refering to something else.

-FS

Just letting people know what I am using and how it was working.