PDA

View Full Version : Century Arms?

1forall
10-17-2009, 4:18 PM
Well..I got that fever again and I'm thinking of buying another rifle. Just saw an ad on the Century Arms Wasr-10 AK-47. I've been saving for the Daniel Defense XV before the $250 gift card promo expires, but the price of this Wasr-10 is really tempting right now. I think I can sqeeze it in with the DDXV but don't want to waste my time or money. Any views or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

technique
10-17-2009, 4:20 PM
Save and do the DD.

If you can swing both, do so. A WASR is a run of the mill AK, a dime a dozen.

1forall
10-17-2009, 4:51 PM
Technique..I'm fairly new to firearms and value your opinions on this board. I can do both but if the WASR is that bad then i'll wait for a better AK. I already own a CZ VZ-58, but its something about the look of the AK-47 that intrigues me. Any other brands you suggest without me breaking the bank?

technique
10-17-2009, 4:56 PM
Well, I have ordered several WASRs at a time and even in those small batches there was good and bad ones, poorly built and well built.

Thats seems to be the general opinion on these, its not just me. It at all possible, (buying from a store or PP) check it out first.

Saiga then convert or have it converted is a good way to get a good AK. Or you can attempt to buy a kit and build off an NDS.

I recommend a Saiga, they can be had for $400 or sometimes less.

1forall
10-17-2009, 4:59 PM
Thanks, I'll look into into it.

SJgunguy24
10-17-2009, 4:59 PM
Like Tech said, get a Saiga or build a kit on an NDS receiver. You can convert the Saiga for 200$ over the cost of the rifle.

lomalinda
10-17-2009, 5:44 PM
Let me add that there are guns that are assembled by Century on a NDS receiver that are really quite well made. One such gun is their Yugo M70AB2, which has a receiver that's more than 50% thicker than the typical receiver. Not milled, but sturdier than most stamped receivers.

However, DD makes a great AR and if pressed to choose between the two, I'd take the special on the DD if that's all I could afford at the time.

technique
10-17-2009, 6:00 PM
It is pretty easy...Plus there are always plenty of members out there willing to help.

1forall
10-17-2009, 6:09 PM
Like Tech said, get a Saiga or build a kit on an NDS receiver. You can convert the Saiga for 200$ over the cost of the rifle.

Is the conversion fairly simple or should I seek help, like I said i'm new to this. I don't mind minor mods but destroying my investments isn't something I want to do. If you know of any mod links i'll check them out. Thanks

technique
10-17-2009, 6:13 PM
http://www.stu-offroad.com/firearms/saiga/saiga-1.htm

1forall
10-17-2009, 6:16 PM
Let me add that there are guns that are assembled by Century on a NDS receiver that are really quite well made. One such gun is their Yugo M70AB2, which has a receiver that's more than 50% thicker than the typical receiver. Not milled, but sturdier than most stamped receivers.

However, DD makes a great AR and if pressed to choose between the two, I'd take the special on the DD if that's all I could afford at the time.

Thanks for the info...I'll skimp on my wifes anniversary gift before I choose the WASR over the DDXV, LOL.

1forall
10-17-2009, 6:18 PM
Tech..you're on point, thanks man.

mostlymoto
10-21-2009, 9:22 AM
Well..I got that fever again and I'm thinking of buying another rifle. Just saw an ad on the Century Arms Wasr-10 AK-47. I've been saving for the Daniel Defense XV before the $250 gift card promo expires, but the price of this Wasr-10 is really tempting right now. I think I can sqeeze it in with the DDXV but don't want to waste my time or money. Any views or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Try the Henderson Defense "certified" AKs. I'm very happy with mine. The only annoyance is the typical magazine wobble. But it functions flawlessly.

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w131/egszkup/7522_800878421093_3203085_45484187_.jpg

SJgunguy24
10-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Is the conversion fairly simple or should I seek help, like I said i'm new to this. I don't mind minor mods but destroying my investments isn't something I want to do. If you know of any mod links i'll check them out. Thanks

It's not hard, but it'll go easier if you have some help. If you want to go with a Saiga feel free to hit me up for help.