PDA

View Full Version : American Shooting Center

Animal Mother
10-17-2009, 3:39 PM
Just came from an awesome day of shooting at American Shooting Center in San Diego . Chewed the fat with some of the staff and it really made my Saturday. Just wanted to drop them a major bump for what they did. Most people seem to rush to criticize in stead of praise. Good job guys! :25:

luchador768
10-17-2009, 4:04 PM
Just came from an awesome day of shooting at American Shooting Center in San Diego . Chewed the fat with some of the staff and it really made my Saturday. Just wanted to drop them a major bump for what they did. Most people seem to rush to criticize in stead of praise. Good job guys! :25:

+1, they are good people. They did a two gun PPT on a busy Saturday, with a minimal amount of grumbling. The guy refused a tip for the great service, is it out of line to tip for PPT?
Peter

ireload
10-17-2009, 6:29 PM
They have good people working there.

Animal Mother
10-18-2009, 9:02 PM
went again this weekend and had the same result. Great time and good people. After the new bill Arnie signed its now more than ever that more important to build that bond with other shooters .:chris:

16in50calNavalRifle
10-18-2009, 10:26 PM
Ditto to all the above. Nice range and good people. I'm almost glad their stock of pistols is so limited lately ..... less suffering for me (not in the buying mode at the moment, but for some reason always in the looking mode .....). Very interesting to see the mix of shooters there some times - LE, military, younger/older, young groups, boyfriends/girlfriends.

AEC1
10-19-2009, 3:26 AM
I will elp you out by never taking an available shooting lane from that range...

Gh0sT
11-07-2009, 12:21 AM
I like ACS cause their range fees are awesome. Facilities are quite clean.

The one thing I do not like from ACS is some of the rental shooters. Individuals my age that keep giving young shooters a bad reputation and persona. You all know who I am talking about, usually rents the glock or some big shiny "piece" and blows off the brass before realizing how expensive it just got. I know this is great business for ACS and well I can't chomp on them for it.

Good place!

If anyone wants to go in the next few weeks Mon/Weds are my free days :D

Johnny?
11-07-2009, 12:29 AM
ASC is great, did a PPT there a couple of week ago, easy, fast and great service. The only thing i don't like there is no WOLF ammo otherwise great place.

Animal Mother
11-07-2009, 12:28 PM
I like ACS cause their range fees are awesome. Facilities are quite clean.

The one thing I do not like from ACS is some of the rental shooters. Individuals my age that keep giving young shooters a bad reputation and persona. You all know who I am talking about, usually rents the glock or some big shiny "piece" and blows off the brass before realizing how expensive it just got. I know this is great business for ACS and well I can't chomp on them for it.

Good place!

If anyone wants to go in the next few weeks Mon/Weds are my free days :D

Agreed, but we were all "that" first time shooter before.

Animal Mother
11-07-2009, 12:32 PM
ASC is great, did a PPT there a couple of week ago, easy, fast and great service. The only thing i don't like there is no WOLF ammo otherwise great place.

Yea, I asked them that before and they say that their traps are steel also and steel core ammo damages it and it sparks up like crazy and makes a fire hazard. I wouldnt use wolf anyways except through my SKS.

Noraku81
11-10-2009, 9:29 AM
I have mix feelings about ASC. The older guys there are pretty cool and know a lot. There is one guy there who used to give off a lot of attitude but he's calmed down a bit unless its a busy day. And yes, I can't stand the "glock renters" who bring their girlfriends in so they can rent a "piece" and do stupid things like unload off the line and shoot at the wall next to me to see if a round is chambered.

Gh0sT
11-11-2009, 10:24 PM
I have mix feelings about ASC. The older guys there are pretty cool and know a lot. There is one guy there who used to give off a lot of attitude but he's calmed down a bit unless its a busy day. And yes, I can't stand the "glock renters" who bring their girlfriends in so they can rent a "piece" and do stupid things like unload off the line and shoot at the wall next to me to see if a round is chambered.

Wait? AT the wall? I seen some pretty stupid actions done, like for example: shooter struggling to rack the slide thus lifting the slide in a dangerous position...