PDA

View Full Version : R & R guns in Palm Springs closed down, why?

savageevo
10-17-2009, 8:08 AM
Does anybody know why they are closed down? I stopped by just to look around and found a sign saying closed until further noticed. I hate to see any guns stores closed.

Forever-A-Soldier
10-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Ron who was the owner there recently passed away in the last few months. Don't know what arrangements he had made before he died regarding the business. Rumor has it that the business was way over leveraged financially. His death comes less than a year after the passing of long time owner of Condor Gun Shop. Condor, however, is still open and operating in DHS.

F.A.S. Out

E-120
10-17-2009, 2:06 PM
Condor is a good family run store. RR spread FUD and were difficult to deal with. Sad to see a business go, but will not be missed.

Sam .223
10-17-2009, 4:38 PM
there were some issues i'm not going to go into on the net but from my understanding it'll reopen eventually when the issues are resolved.

Forever-A-Soldier
10-18-2009, 2:24 AM
Condor is a good family run store. RR spread FUD and were difficult to deal with. Sad to see a business go, but will not be missed.

And that's why I took 99% of my business to Condor over the last few years instead of R&R.

savageevo
10-18-2009, 7:45 AM
Same here but I was bored at home and didn't feel like driving all the way to dhs so sometimes I head out to RR just to look around. I hope somebody opens a Black rifle friendly shop in the palm springs. It would be nice if these uppies get into black rifles. :rolleyes:

Sig357
10-18-2009, 7:51 AM
Tori at Condor is awesome, and they are black rifle friendly.

And that's why I took 99% of my business to Condor over the last few years instead of R&R.

striker3
10-18-2009, 7:53 AM
I was in R&R about 2 months ago, just window shopping while my wife was at a Dr's appt. I thought the staff was friendly, and while they did not have any firearms that catered to my current obsession, they had some nice older rifles and Smiths. From what I saw, the prices, at least on the Smiths were not to far out of line. What really caught my eye though was the layout of the shop. Clean cases, bright well lit and space to walk around.

I hope that they can get things straightened out, whatever they are, and get back in business.

That same day I stopped at Condor on the way home and was not overly impressed. They may be black rifle friendly, but when they are selling stripped Doublestar lowers at $175 when the weekend before I was seeing them go for $100 at a shop in San Bernadino, I take my business elsewhere. Not to mention that the shop was so stuffed with items that myself, wife and son could only walk around the store in one direction without getting in each others way and the store was so dimly lit it was depressing.

RECCE556
10-19-2009, 2:11 AM
Is R&R the place that was selling those POS "Countersniper" scopes and trying to pimp them as being superior to S&B, NF, USO, etc.?