PDA

View Full Version : C&R Pre-issue investigation?

trever1t
05-25-2005, 5:33 AM
Wondering how long the process takes, i've been waiting for 2 weeks already!

bwiese
05-25-2005, 8:41 AM
Probably nothing to really get uptight about.

This is less about the past then that there's another guy out there with a similar name/age, and they wanna make sure he's not you, that's all.

Bill W
San Jose

Turbinator
05-25-2005, 10:38 AM
Let us know how it goes. I also am interested in a C&R at some point.. Good luck!

Turby

chickenfried
05-25-2005, 11:17 AM
If the agent is wearing gloves. Watch out!!! It means a body cavity search has been authorized http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

trever1t
05-25-2005, 11:42 AM
There's always one joker. http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif Will keep you posted!

-hanko
05-25-2005, 4:52 PM
Originally posted by tooTactical:
I had my record sealed when I turned 18. However the FBI still reports that I was arrested, but there is no case determination listed. When I applied for my C&R I had to send ATF a letter from my county court indicating that I have no record.
The only application I have available has you answer yes or no to the following questions:

Are you charged or indicted for a crime for which you could be imprisoned for more than one year?

Have you been convicted for a crime where you could have beem imprisoned for more than one year (even if given a shorter sentence

My application revision date is 6-97. If the answer to both questions is 'no', your record will not be grounds for denial. There's also more than several other questions, one about domestic violence, for instance. Get the application, answer the questions; ATF will let you know if it needs more info.

-hanko

Blue
05-25-2005, 6:26 PM
If you've got a name like John Smith or something like that I'm sure it's just something stupid. There was a post on AR15.com a little while ago that someone else with the same name had a record and all it took was some clearing up. I wouldn't trip. BTW My C&R took damned near 2 months door to door to get. Good luck!

hvengel
06-10-2005, 7:41 PM
I had an FFL tell me that one of the few times he had a problem with the background check for a gun buyer it turned out that the DOJ got confused because the gun buyer's father had a record. It turns out that the father and son had the same name (IE. Joe Jr.). The buyer was able to get things fixed up with DOJ and the FFL sold the gun.

So if your name/birth date... is close to a match for some one that is prohibited then I can see them having to spend a little more time making sure you are not that other person. Probably not a big deal.