PDA

View Full Version : LR Palma and 1000yd bonus Oct 24th?

StraightShooter
10-16-2009, 9:44 PM
Is the LR Palma and 1000yd bonus match still going to happen next weekend? I shot the last one you put on and it was great and would like to come again.

Also, is the match fee $40 the day of the match and $35 if you mail in the registration?Or is it $35 the day of as well?

Thanks,
Brandon

ocabj
10-20-2009, 7:19 AM
I haven't heard anything regarding a cancellation, so it should be on.

If you pre-register electronically by Wednesday morning preceding the match weekend, you don't have to pay the $5 day of match fee when you turn in your hard copy and match fees onsite.

I sent an email to the SMGC President to confirm match status.

The only thing I can think of is that there might not be the required RSOs available that weekend since a lot of the SMGC shooters will be in Phoenix for the Creedmoor Cup. I know a few of them are already there and have shot in the CMP portion of the week (last Saturday through today for CMP events, Wed-Sun for Creedmoor events).

Paratus et Vigilans
10-23-2009, 7:09 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but the latest word is that they are cancelled and will not go forward tomorrow and Sunday.

SDJim
10-26-2009, 10:31 AM
Mea culpa on this one. I got the crud and couldn't RSO so we had to cancel.
The lack of RSO's issue is what hurt the club the last time.
If your interested in volunteering and helping out the club, get qualified as an RSO. That and we can always use more qualified EMT's.
If we get enough RSO's, everyone gets to shoot on match day.
If your interested, go to the club's website and on the right hand side you'll find the RSO course info.