PDA

View Full Version : AB962 beauty...Anti thinking

croc4
10-16-2009, 7:49 PM
I mean this in the opposite manner.

I know this will not stop anything, like most people with a brain know. Laws do not stop crime, they just control people. One thing that most anti gun people don't get, laws are applied post crime, not pre crime, so all laws do in the end, are fill prisions, not promote safety.

So this got me thinking, since it will not stop crime, the morons that support this law will propose "we need to do more, this law was not strict enough, we need to go further", and then the passage of another far more reaching law will be pushed.

Too bad 2012 is a myth, someone really needs to press the reset button on society.

Croc4

bsim
10-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Unfortunately, severe post crime punishments (death, "FELON" on CDL, etc) will only hurt the disadvantaged.

We're screwed.

Legasat
10-16-2009, 11:32 PM
Unfortunately, severe post crime punishments (death, "FELON" on CDL, etc) will only hurt the disadvantaged.

Huh??? :confused:

bsim
10-17-2009, 12:17 AM
I mean, if the legislature actually "enforces" punishments (duh) then there will be deterrents.

But the liberals will whine that we're only punishing the "disadvantaged", and look for a way to "punish" everyone (like us law-abiders) so they don't look like they're only focusing on the criminals.

RRangel
10-17-2009, 6:28 AM
It's not such a new revelation. Why do you suppose we've already lost so many rights in California?

pigiron
10-17-2009, 9:18 AM
It's not such a new revelation. Why do you suppose we've already lost so many rights in California?

Because we're pussies.

wellerjohn
10-17-2009, 9:30 AM
We will never win in this state, only be in constant damage control. learn to reload and stock up on componets...;)

microstencil
10-17-2009, 10:27 AM
We will never win in this state, only be in constant damage control. learn to reload and stock up on componets...;)

That's what they will go after next. :mad:

Mirage
10-17-2009, 11:34 AM

This attitude is exactly why the anti's continue to gain ground. Gun owners just don't get active fighting. Until gun owners get active fighting every bad law and propaganda piece in the press, we will continue to be treated like the door mats were acting like.

Nxd9ar15xcrL
10-17-2009, 11:38 AM
Because we're pussies.

California on a whole, yes. Us? No

This is what happens when the 'Have Nots' have more votes and keep voting the same worthless politicians into office based on promises to give more and more to the 'have nots'

pigiron
10-17-2009, 12:09 PM

This is what happens when the 'Have Nots' have more votes and keep voting the same worthless politicians into office based on promises to give more and more to the 'have nots'

That's exactly what I meant.

Mr.Pickles
10-17-2009, 1:30 PM

So people are voting for Communism??:confused:

SJgunguy24
10-17-2009, 1:54 PM
So people are voting for Communism??:confused:

Yes, because to them getting something for nothing sounds good.
Unfortunatlly in the real world everybody works and get little or nothing to show for it.
Those who refuse to work still get a place to suckle at the governments tit and we gotta pay for it.

croc4
10-17-2009, 11:45 PM
don't you see, of course this is nothing new, but yet, it is so effective, how does the saying go?

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me (us)

we have become content in "responding", or thanking the morons in sac that vote "no" on a given bill, why are these so called "pro gun" morons not submitting "pro gun" bills?

you can win a battle with a good defense, but you will loose the war if you are not willing to fight back twice as hard as you were hit

my 2c

croc4

Seesm
10-18-2009, 12:18 AM
Because we're pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRangel

Because we're pussies.

Haha so true

forgiven
10-18-2009, 3:01 AM
^^^+1

forgiven
10-18-2009, 3:03 AM
Yes, because to them getting something for nothing sounds good.
Unfortunatlly in the real world everybody works and get little or nothing to show for it.
Those who refuse to work still get a place to suckle at the governments tit and we gotta pay for it.

Nicely said!

microwaveguy
10-18-2009, 9:15 AM
don't you see, of course this is nothing new, but yet, it is so effective, how does the saying go?

fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice shame on me (us)

we have become content in "responding", or thanking the morons in sac that vote "no" on a given bill, why are these so called "pro gun" morons not submitting "pro gun" bills?

you can win a battle with a good defense, but you will loose the war if you are not willing to fight back twice as hard as you were hit

my 2c

croc4

One thing that AB962 has done it to awaken some to be politically more active. WE ( meaning the members of Calguns) need to form or support a political action committee (PAC) that will field or support politicians that are at least not anti second amendment. The whole state is suffering from a heavy left leaning political agenda and we NEED to find and support some candidates that are viewed as electable but without seeming to be a "right-wing-gun-nut'