PDA

View Full Version : can i bring my gun to my parent's house?

calnurse
10-16-2009, 4:59 PM
Hello and good evening! My parents are set to go out of town tomorrow. They asked me to check up on their house while gone. Can I bring my firearm with me as protection just in case? Sorry if this question has been asked already.

Purple K
10-16-2009, 5:01 PM
As long as you have their permission you can arm yourself while on their property as if it was your own.

bigcalidave
10-16-2009, 6:27 PM
Temp residence? Sure. then again why wouldn't you?

tiko
10-16-2009, 6:59 PM
Temporary resident with permission of your parents, yes you can.

calnurse
10-16-2009, 7:09 PM
Temporary resident with permission of your parents, yes you can.

I guess I don't meet this criteria as I live five minutes away :(

bigcalidave
10-16-2009, 7:42 PM
Why not? While you are there, it's your residence. It's a house that you have permission to watch. Sounds good to me.
Anyone gonna come into your house or your parents house and search you?

blackberg
10-16-2009, 7:50 PM
Well you can take with you an unloaded handgun in a locked case with you, get onto their property, load it when you get inside and unload it when you leave. You can have a loaded mag inside the locked case.
-bb

USAFTS
10-16-2009, 7:51 PM
I guess I don't meet this criteria as I live five minutes away :(

You don't have to live there or live a certain distance away. It's a private residence. If you have permission from the homeowner, you can carry a different handgun in every pocket.

You have to consider the manner of storage during transportation to and from their house but once you are there, it is perfectly legal if they are ok with it.

calnurse
10-16-2009, 8:29 PM
thanks everyone for all your advice! now let' fight this thorn on all our sides (AB 962) :7: