PDA

View Full Version : Good idea to use Pmags for rebuilds?

nrakid88
10-16-2009, 2:43 PM
hey guys i have some preban mags I would really like to convert over to Pmags. Whats the general concensus? Is this a good idea to switch over... i think you use the floorplate first? Then the rest of the parts you swap out? Or will Pmags draw too much attention and i should just stick with the USGI mags?

technique
10-16-2009, 2:44 PM
You are fine, people do it all the time...Just don't end up with more mags than you started with. You know the drill.

sspen003
10-16-2009, 2:45 PM
Is this legal? I though if you has USGI mags you had to keep the bodies and could only replace the spring, follower and floorplate.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like this is in the gray area to me

sspen003
10-16-2009, 2:46 PM
You are fine, people do it all the time...Just don't end up with more mags than you started with. You know the drill.

Oh nvm. Good to know

sspen003
10-16-2009, 2:46 PM

So do you have to destroy the old ones? This is slightly confusing

THT
10-16-2009, 2:48 PM

I'd keep one part of the original just to prove it was rebuilt.

technique
10-16-2009, 2:48 PM
Is this legal? I though if you has USGI mags you had to keep the bodies and could only replace the spring, follower and floorplate.

I could be wrong, but it sounds like this is in the gray area to me

Read this...
http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf

technique
10-16-2009, 2:51 PM

No, so long as they are in pieces...they are parts. Even if you DON'T own pre-bans...You can legally buy rebuild kits and keep them in pieces at home, then leave state assemble them, use them, and bust em back down to parts before you re-enter the state of Ca.

So, parts are just parts..

sspen003
10-16-2009, 6:13 PM
Read this...
http://www.hoffmang.com/firearms/DOJ-large-cap-magazines-2005-11-10.pdf

Best thing I have read all week