PDA

View Full Version : Should we contact our Rep post AB962

armandolo
10-16-2009, 8:38 AM
I'm considering contacting my Assembly and Senate representative to show my displeasure of them voting for AB962.
Even though my extended family and I contacted Arnold via email and fax, I have not done that with my representatives prior to the vote which I regret.

I want to tell them my disappointment and to bring up that since there was no ammunition related "issues" in San Mateo County, they did nothing but restrict my rights and that I will no longer support their candidacy. Oh I'm registered independent.

What you guys think. You think it will make a dent for future or even for any attempts to repel 962?

freakshow10mm
10-16-2009, 8:44 AM
Absolutely. Let them know you won't vote for them and they did not represent the number one duty: uphold the Constitution.

armandolo
10-16-2009, 9:09 AM
OK faxed this:

Dear Assemblymember Hill,

I’m writing you to express my great displeasure and disappointment of you voting for AB962 (Ammunition Bill: DeLeon) and failing to uphold the United States Constitution. Since issues listed in AB962 were virtually non existent in San Mateo county, I feel you failed to represent most residents on your district and effectively eliminated our rights as law abiding citizens.

With this in mind I, along with my extended family and friends (all of whom are residents of Burlingame, Hillsborough, South San Francisco, Daly City and Belmont) will no longer support your candidacy.

Sincerely

Myself
My Wife
My Mom
My In laws
My Aunt and Uncle
My Friend

bodger
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
I'm considering contacting my Assembly and Senate representative to show my displeasure of them voting for AB962.
Even though my extended family and I contacted Arnold via email and fax, I have not done that with my representatives prior to the vote which I regret.

I want to tell them my disappointment and to bring up that since there was no ammunition related "issues" in San Mateo County, they did nothing but restrict my rights and that I will no longer support their candidacy. Oh I'm registered independent.

What you guys think. You think it will make a dent for future or even for any attempts to repel 962?

Good letter. The more we voice our opposition, the better.

My Assemblyman is Der Feuer. He probably uses letters like this as campaign ads, seeing as how he and DeLeon both want to be poster boys for the antis.

spitkiss
10-16-2009, 11:05 AM
I wasn't sure if my rep voted on ab 962 so I looked it up, here's the vote breakdown on ab 962. I will be contacting my rep as well:

UNOFFICIAL BALLOT
MEASURE: AB 962
AUTHOR: De Leon
TOPIC: Ammunition.
DATE: 09/11/2009
MOTION: AB 962 De Leon Concurrence in Senate Amendments
(AYES 43. NOES 33.) (PASS)

AYES

Ammiano Beall Block Blumenfield
Bradford Brownley Buchanan Charles Calderon
Carter Coto Davis De La Torre
De Leon Eng Evans Feuer
Fong Furutani Hayashi Hernandez
Hill Huffman Jones Krekorian
Lieu Bonnie Lowenthal Ma Mendoza
Monning Nava John A. Perez Portantino
Ruskin Salas Saldana Skinner
Solorio Swanson Torlakson Torres
Torrico Yamada Bass

NOES

Adams Anderson Arambula Bill Berryhill
Tom Berryhill Blakeslee Conway Cook
DeVore Emmerson Fletcher Fuller
Gaines Galgiani Garrick Gilmore
Hagman Hall Harkey Huber
Jeffries Knight Logue Miller
Nestande Niello Nielsen V. Manuel Perez
Silva Smyth Audra Strickland Tran
Villines

ABSENT, ABSTAINING, OR NOT VOTING

Caballero Chesbro Fuentes Vacancy

source: http://www.legislature.ca.gov/cgi-bin/port-postquery

armandolo
10-16-2009, 11:40 AM
here is the list of "For" Voters along with their districts.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=230699

bodger
10-16-2009, 8:04 PM
I'd like to see a list of "AYE" votes that were cast by assembly members that were not present to vote that day.

And find out who (DeLeon) pulled the handle for them.

Ghosts at the Capitol building.

curtisfong
10-16-2009, 8:31 PM
More disturbing: there were assurances AB962 would be defeated by 1 vote, but somebody turned. It would be nice to know who that senator is.... unless the way the game is played, you aren't allowed to out turncoats.

Quemtimebo
10-16-2009, 9:09 PM
Considering I live in Feuer&Cedillo's districts, it won't do me a whole lot of good.

sorensen440
10-16-2009, 9:10 PM
If your rep voted against it make sure to thank them
The good ones need to know where paying attention too

M. D. Van Norman
10-17-2009, 2:05 PM
My misrepresentative is termed out, so I canít even vote against him again. I should probably register to vote as a Democrat so that I can have a hand in selecting his replacement. :mad:

armandolo
10-17-2009, 3:02 PM
I should probably register to vote as a Democrat so that I can have a hand in selecting his replacement. :mad:

I was thinking about this for a while. It may be a good idea.

ArmedCitizen
10-17-2009, 5:17 PM
Great idea, and great list of assembly members. Is there a Senate list too?

AC

armandolo
10-17-2009, 6:17 PM
Great idea, and great list of assembly members. Is there a Senate list too?

AC

At the bottom of Post #1
http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=230699

The Wingnut
10-17-2009, 6:53 PM
I should probably register to vote as a Democrat so that I can have a hand in selecting his replacement. :mad:

Interesting notion. If enough people did this, the Republicans might get the wake up call they need, and the Democrats would be ripe for the picking when it finally happened.