PDA

View Full Version : AB 962 CELEBRATION - I JUST GOT SICK

not-fishing
10-16-2009, 8:29 AM
And now my desk garbage can stinks - along with certain elected officials.

Los Angeles, CA (Vocus/PRWEB ) October 15, 2009 -- Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined California Campaign Brady Chapter leaders at a dispatch center of the Los Angeles Police Department this morning to celebrate the passage, and his signing, of AB 962 that will help law enforcement track down and apprehend armed criminals and other prohibited persons.

Officials of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence will now urge leaders in other states to consider adopting California's innovative new law which will help law enforcement determine when dangerous people are in possession of illegal handgun ammunition and illegal guns. This bill was the California Brady Campaign Chapters' top priority in this year's state legislative session.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/ammo_bill/Brady_Campaign/prweb3058584.htm

Well we now know who our good Governor stands beside is that Paul Helmke or are they "Twins"?

I keep forgetting Movies are all "smoke & mirrors" or Make-believe

Mark

BroncoBob
10-16-2009, 8:46 AM
I just threw up in my mouth.

ETD1010
10-16-2009, 8:50 AM
I'm so pissed off that articles keep saying "will help law enforcement" "does prevent" and "will remove". . .. The bill IMPLIES that the aforementioned phrases are accurate, but this bill, like many others, DOES NOT do, and WILL NOT do. . . !@#$%

Let me add for emphasis: Using background checks DOES NOT prevent criminals from aquiring guns... it only prevents them from buying them at a store that follows the rules. . .

bodger
10-16-2009, 8:51 AM
I just threw up in my mouth.

I hear you Bob. And if this passage doesn't make you puke, nothing would:

Officials of the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence will now urge leaders in other states to consider adopting California's innovative new law which will help law enforcement determine when dangerous people are in possession of illegal handgun ammunition and illegal guns. This bill was the California Brady Campaign Chapters' top priority in this year's state legislative session.

This is exactly why this kind of crap has to be stopped. The Brady Bunch is trying to see to it that this pestilence spreads nationwide.

Sickening.

mtptwo
10-16-2009, 8:53 AM
Oh come on guys. We can celebrate the ammo black market that this will create.

kapache
10-16-2009, 8:55 AM
this video needs subtitles I cant understand both of them for S#$$%

HUTCH 7.62
10-16-2009, 8:56 AM
reminds me of the early 90's when the AW ban bill was signed. That was swupposed to stop criminals. This pisses me off. As soon as I get my unemployment check I'm donating to CGF

soundwave
10-16-2009, 8:57 AM
Well, this "feel good" law has certainly served it's purpose.

While they all pat themselves on the back, let's take a moment and thank the lawmakers who allow criminals to roam the streets everyday and choose to break the law as a career.

Great job!!!

Synergy
10-16-2009, 9:03 AM

While they all pat themselves on the back, let's take a moment and thank the lawmakers who allow criminals to roam the streets everyday and choose to break the law as a career.

Great job!!!

Lets not penalize the criminals and felons, by being tougher on sentencing. Lets lets them out of jail early and just penalize law abiding citizens! Common sense at its finest!

shadowofnight
10-16-2009, 9:05 AM

Dont think they arent monitoring this site and seeing all this reloading talk and trips out of state for ammo. If this law survives all of the assaults hitting it from all of us , and gets implemented in Feb 2011 as is....you can bet your *** they are going to address the out of state trips and mass reloading in new laws.

Just like you need a prescription and get your drugs from a pharmacy, the new meth labs are going to be our reloading rooms. They already got this huge win to remove evil ammo from " criminals " .....wouldnt take much to keep it from being manufactured by unlicensed individuals. :rolleyes:

bwiese
10-16-2009, 9:18 AM
reminds me of the early 90's when the AW ban bill was signed. That was swupposed to stop criminals. This pisses me off. As soon as I get my unemployment check I'm donating to CGF

Thanks, but plesae take care of yourself first.

MolonLabe2008
10-16-2009, 9:21 AM

What do they mean by "dangerous people?"

And what governing body determines if a person is "dangerous?"

tiki
10-16-2009, 9:29 AM
Come on guys, don't be upset. When the law gets shot down in court, we'll have our own celebration. We'll setup a place to meet and then contact the news to inform them of the celebration.

We can do the same thing for incorporation. I even plan on sending the Brady's an invitation to the party.

The passing of AB962 is unfortunate, but it isn't going to stick. So, don't be too upset. Personally, I get a lot of joy watching a court shoot down a law. :)

jdberger
10-16-2009, 9:38 AM
Come on guys, don't be upset. When the law gets shot down in court, we'll have our own celebration. We'll setup a place to meet and then contact the news to inform them of the celebration.

We can do the same thing for incorporation. I even plan on sending the Brady's an invitation to the party.

The passing of AB962 is unfortunate, but it isn't going to stick. So, don't be too upset. Personally, I get a lot of joy watching a court shoot down a law. :)

Here you go - kill 'em with kindness. Smile as you bulldoze their house... :)

SJgunguy24
10-16-2009, 9:39 AM

I'm right there with you HUTCH, but I gotta take care of my kids first then everything else. I find myself towards the bottom of that list.

So when is the state going to issue a "prohibited persons IDcard"? How is a retailer going to know if someone can or can't buy ammo?

bubbapug1
10-16-2009, 9:46 AM

Great job!!!

:stupid:

jamesob
10-16-2009, 9:46 AM
Dont think they arent monitoring this site and seeing all this reloading talk and trips out of state for ammo. If this law survives all of the assaults hitting it from all of us , and gets implemented in Feb 2011 as is....you can bet your *** they are going to address the out of state trips and mass reloading in new laws.

Just like you need a prescription and get your drugs from a pharmacy, the new meth labs are going to be our reloading rooms. They already got this huge win to remove evil ammo from " criminals " .....wouldnt take much to keep it from being manufactured by unlicensed individuals. :rolleyes:

what can they address with traveling out of state purchases? nothing. they can't stop people from bringing stuff into california that would be a losing battle.

bodger
10-16-2009, 9:57 AM

Great job!!!

Indeed. And for the most part in this state, no issue on CCWs or allow LOC so we can effectively defend ourselves.

These legislators remind me of carnival barkers at an oddities sideshow.

They've got a three-headed stuffed goat. It's just a bunch of dead one-headed goat heads sewn together, but as long as they convince people that it was once actually a three-headed goat, they're in business

SJgunguy24
10-16-2009, 10:00 AM
Indeed. And for the most part in this state, no issue on CCWs or allow LOC so we can effectively defend ourselves.

These legislators remind me of carnival barkers at an oddities sideshow.

They've got a three-headed stuffed goat. It's just a bunch of dead one-headed goat heads sewn together, but as long as they convince people that it was once actually a three-headed goat, they're in business

They don't even have to convince anyone, they already have your money.
They same as they don't need to prove the law does anything to curb crime.

AndrewMendez
10-16-2009, 10:03 AM
I wonder how well the other states will adapt it once CGF and the NRA lay the smack down!

Fat_Rat
10-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Los Angeles, CA (Vocus/PRWEB ) October 15, 2009 -- Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined California Campaign Brady Chapter leaders at a dispatch center of the Los Angeles Police Department this morning to celebrate the passage, and his signing, of AB 962 that will help law enforcement track down and apprehend armed criminals and other prohibited persons.

Mabey now gun owners from other states will relize we are the front line. And if they dont help us stop it here, it will spread.

Spread like butter. :p

bodger
10-16-2009, 10:09 AM
They don't even have to convince anyone, they already have your money.
They same as they don't need to prove the law does anything to curb crime.

Yes, but they need votes, more valuable than money to these traitors.

This kind of crap keeps them getting the votes they need from their true believers.
They have the money, but they still need to keep getting voted in.
And anti-gun is one of the best positions a politician can take in this state to assure election or re-election.

I just wish I had a good stash of photos of DeLeon committing some heinous act.

gregorylucas
10-16-2009, 10:11 AM
This stuff burns my butt but I do believe that AB962's effect will be minimized by court action in the rights hands (ie CGF). It just reinforces the fact that gun owners are mostly alone in California. All the more reason for us to fight harder for our freedoms.

Greg

RobG
10-16-2009, 10:24 AM
Criminals can rest easy knowing that they won't be breaking any "new laws" until after Feb 2011:rolleyes:

I guess until that date, LE won't have any idea what bad guys have "illegal handgun ammunition and guns." At least by then, CA will have released the 20000 or so "non violent" offenders to make room for all the criminals AB962 will allow them to catch.

shaggy
10-16-2009, 10:27 AM
And why is Carmen Trutanich (of the former Trutanich /Michel Law firm) standing front and center with Adolf Schwarzenazi supporting him? Seems to me that there were some pro-gun groups that were trying to get out the vote in favor of Trutanich prior to his election. I hope there is something subtle to this I'm not picking up on, but it sure seems like a slap in the face to the gun owners who voted for him.

radioburning
10-16-2009, 10:37 AM
Arnie said this "wouldn't affect law abiding gun owners". Anytime you're throwing a celebration with the Brady Bunch, you've screwed gun owners.

Does this mean that 5 years from now, when there's still rampant crime and violence, we can say "what happened, I thought this was gonna stop all the crime?"

spyderco monkey
10-16-2009, 10:48 AM
We need to post this on every shooting forum we can find to drum up donations and support, especially the forums that are so cavalier about the fate of Californians- "just move to a free state" advice. We need to emphasize that were all in it together.

I'll hit up Zombie squad, will other members hit up the forums they frequent?

shadowofnight
10-16-2009, 11:02 AM
what can they address with traveling out of state purchases? nothing. they can't stop people from bringing stuff into california that would be a losing battle.

If they made a law that forbid personal importation of ammuntion into CA, and the officer at the border asked you if you were carrying any fruit or ammunition in your vehicle...what are you gonna do...lie to him ?

Again , it would only be us truth telling law abiding citizens feeling the pinch.

Now, them coming up with a license required to manufacture ammunition ...of course requiring an expensive fee ( States broke remember ) ...is a little more concerning. Of course to buy the evil components you would have to show your license to the vendor.

Thats not far fetched whatsoever, I am surprised this anal state even lets us touch these dangerous components in the first place...think about what primers really are....static sensitive...pressure sensitive...explosive in bulk ( Who says us unknowing unlicensed know how to properly store them in their original containers designed to prevent that...us dummies just dump them in a bucket to save space ) ....thats just the primers...how are we dummies supposed to correctly store/use/dispose of smokeless powder.

Mention you fertilized your garden with smokeless powder to a fire marshall and see what he says. I had 12 pounds of old smokeless powder I wanted to get rid of ( My father quit reloading ....I cleaned out his supplies ) ...so for kicks I stopped off at the local firestation and asked them if they would take it or how I was supposed to correctly dispose of it.

They didnt want it....the chemical disposal in town didnt want it ( We called from the firestation...they called it an explosive...which it most certainly is not...it would just burn like anything else. ) ....they said dont burn it ( Too dangerous ) ....I even used the firehouse PC and showed them that the manufacturers recommended burning it in small amounts....they just about crapped themselves when they read that.

Basically before leaving the station they couldnt give me an answer on how to properly dispose of 12 pounds of powder ( And we are supposed to be able to have 20 pounds on site ) ....that was unacceptable to me...they had no idea how to properly dispose of it....even the chief head honcho fireman ( I waited for him ) had no clue.

I ended up having to drive an hour to the fire station I used to work close to...I knew they had a burn area ( I used to see them have this phoney building on fire and they would put it out ...practice climbing ..etc ) and I knew a couple of the guys. Lets just say 12 pounds going up at once is an awesome sight. :D

So let these idiot politicians find out whats really involved in reloading...and that every Tom Dick and Larry wants to do it now...and you can imagine the stupid laws ( Hey, they could make the license like 300 bucks or so ...so it would make the broke state money ...and make us all safer too :rolleyes: ) they will come up with.

bodger
10-16-2009, 11:10 AM
Arnie said this "wouldn't affect law abiding gun owners". Anytime you're throwing a celebration with the Brady Bunch, you've screwed gun owners.

Does this mean that 5 years from now, when there's still rampant crime and violence, we can say "what happened, I thought this was gonna stop all the crime?"

We'll say it, and the response will be: "Even MORE crime and violence would have happened without AB962 and laws like it."

Re: Brattons statement at the signing shindig: "If it saves one life...."

I'd like to tell him how many lives would be saved if he would issue CCWs to honest law-abiding citizens so they can protect themselves when the cops don't.

We need to post this on every shooting forum we can find to drum up donations and support, especially the forums that are so cavalier about the fate of Californians- "just move to a free state" advice. We need to emphasize that were all in it together.

I'll hit up Zombie squad, will other members hit up the forums they frequent?

I did that once on an Arizona gun board and took a nuclear flaming and the thread went mega-political and got shut down.

Still worth the effort, but put on your fireproof skivvies.

curtisfong
10-16-2009, 11:21 AM
And why is Carmen Trutanich (of the former Trutanich /Michel Law firm) standing front and center with Adolf Schwarzenazi supporting him?

I would like to know this as well. I voted for the guy, and encouraged all my friends to do the same.

Steyrlp10
10-16-2009, 11:27 AM
Remember the Alamo!

bodger
10-16-2009, 11:32 AM
Remember the Alamo!

LOL!

Yeah, just try not to think about what happened to the good guys! :D

Stainned
10-16-2009, 12:37 PM
Angry as hell over here.

tiki
10-16-2009, 1:10 PM
So when is the state going to issue a "prohibited persons IDcard"?

They already have, it's called a driver's license.

badfish71
10-16-2009, 1:19 PM
funny how "they" never actually ask LEO's if this B*** S*** would help...hmmm..
How bout they actually prosecute people and make them serve time for real crimes... Na, that would just make sense..

greasemonkey
10-16-2009, 2:08 PM
funny how "they" never actually ask LEO's if this B*** S*** would help...hmmm..
How bout they actually prosecute people and make them serve time for real crimes... Na, that would just make sense..

It is funny, they didn't have a whole lot of sheriffs or chiefs praising the bill. I don't know of ANY LEO's that were in favor of this, in fact a lot of them kept asking me for updates on it and were making calls in opposition to it...but the LEO Union, they're the ones that endorsed it, not the LEO's.

HondaMasterTech
10-16-2009, 2:11 PM
Incorporation will happen. Then the Brady Bunch will have to get REAL jobs.

jinggoyd1967
10-16-2009, 4:49 PM
And why is Carmen Trutanich (of the former Trutanich /Michel Law firm) standing front and center with Adolf Schwarzenazi supporting him? Seems to me that there were some pro-gun groups that were trying to get out the vote in favor of Trutanich prior to his election. I hope there is something subtle to this I'm not picking up on, but it sure seems like a slap in the face to the gun owners who voted for him.

This bit of news floored me as well. This is the last person I would expect to endorse AB 962. I think a bunch of us here that feel betrayed.

DREADNOUGHT78
10-16-2009, 5:08 PM
This is why I don,t understand all the people relocating to other states saying they don't feel like fighting a losing battle. The problem is Ca is on the front lines of the 2nd Amendment battle and leaving does nothing.But if you feel like leaving that's cool maybe that's where you belong in the rear with the gear!

oldrifle
10-16-2009, 6:20 PM
KILL!!!!! KILL WITH FIRE!!!!!!

5ohguy
10-16-2009, 6:30 PM
The state of California, Arnold, and The Brady Campaign are such jokes.

This bill will do nothing to decrease gun violence. Ironically, like most gun regulation, this bill will INCREASE gun violence. And the clueless, quick to please republicrats will vote for even more regulation thinking more, more, more must be the solution.

Look to history, look to common sense, and for god sakes, look to the freaking constitution.

I'm sorry, but these people are simply TOOLS.

RRangel
10-16-2009, 6:32 PM
Fellow citizens, and gun owners, let this act of unscrupulous politicians and propped up gun abolitionists energize you into action. They should never forget the day that they thought it was acceptable to boast the passage of unjust anti-self defense laws.

I can say with certainty that the reason AB 962 passed through the California legislature, and was signed by the governor against the will of the people, is because these untrustworthy politicians feel there is nothing you can do about it. What we must do is prove them wrong.

Assemblyman Kevin De Leon, Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger, the proponents of AB 962 in the legislature, and law enforcement personnel that support it, (especially Sheriff Baca and Chief Bratton) are complicit in the very removal of American liberty.

These charlatans can pretend while patting themselves on the back, and give a performance like an actor on television, but you and I know their logic falls flat. It's as if they've entered a new phase in their zeal for compulsory influence of the citizen. Because they don't seem to understand that this isn't a dictatorship.

It cannot be overstated that these laws and the removal of freedom in this manner are of paramount concern, and that you can certainly do something about it. This is the year you can promise to start reclaiming your rights.

Gh0sT
10-16-2009, 6:43 PM
I do not understand how this will "track" ammo from person to person.

Because they retrieved shell casings from a firefight will they be able to track a criminal down? This is mind boggling.

sgtbuck
10-16-2009, 6:48 PM
And now my desk garbage can stinks - along with certain elected officials.

http://www.prweb.com/releases/ammo_bill/Brady_Campaign/prweb3058584.htm

Well we now know who our good Governor stands beside is that Paul Helmke or are they "Twins"?

I keep forgetting Movies are all "smoke & mirrors" or Make-believe

Mark

:puke::puke::puke:

HondaMasterTech
10-16-2009, 8:37 PM
This is why I don,t understand all the people relocating to other states saying they don't feel like fighting a losing battle. The problem is Ca is on the front lines of the 2nd Amendment battle and leaving does nothing.But if you feel like leaving that's cool maybe that's where you belong in the rear with the gear!

That attitude is worse than the ones you suggest these people have. You assume people are leaving JUST because of gun issues. In case you haven't been paying attention, guns aren't the only issues in California. Life is short. Make your own choices. Who are you to judge?

luckystrike
10-16-2009, 8:42 PM

ahhhhh thats the best thing ive herd all month LOL

jinggoyd1967
10-16-2009, 8:43 PM
LOL!

Yeah, just try not to think about what happened to the good guys! :D

Same thing at work. The boss tried to encourage us by reminding us about the team work of the Spartans in the movie 300. Funny thing is that it was a safety meeting.

HUTCH 7.62
10-16-2009, 10:20 PM

Funny how they don't seem to care about drug trafficking and growing pot or cooking meth in protected state parks in Ca But want to legalize marijuana so they can Tax the Sh** of it. But want to ban Firearms and ammo Like it's the solution to all THEIR problems. This state has it's priorities screwed up, sometimes I think that the Govt. wants us all high on drugs so that we will become complacent and DO what we are told.

Nxd9ar15xcrL
10-17-2009, 10:54 AM

Great job!!!

:iagree:

Afterburnt
10-17-2009, 11:03 AM
Funny how they don't seem to care about drug trafficking and growing pot or cooking meth in protected state parks in Ca But want to legalize marijuana so they can Tax the Sh** of it. But want to ban Firearms and ammo Like it's the solution to all THEIR problems. This state has it's priorities screwed up, sometimes I think that the Govt. wants us all high on drugs so that we will become complacent and DO what we are told.

that makes more sense than most of the crap that I see and I wouldn't put it past those *****s

devildog999
10-17-2009, 11:33 AM
That makes me sick

donsnnk
10-17-2009, 11:42 AM
this bill is so retarded
criminals will always have a way to acquire ammo and guns
this just makes it alot harder for us

Bigballaizm
10-27-2009, 8:48 AM
I just saw this thread... wish I didnt! Truly sad! :no: