PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had problems ordering Ammo

Nix78
10-16-2009, 8:40 AM
I heard yesterday that some had problem's ordering Ammo from outside vendors do to the Non vetoed bill. I had ordered some .223 Wolf 62gr FMJ ammo from "ammunitiontogo.com."
Just wanted to know if there going to call me saying "we cant ship to california"? What should I do in case like this ? dose anyone have any problems ordering from them ?

tomd1584
10-16-2009, 8:43 AM
nope. ammunitiontogo is GTG. dont worry

THT
10-16-2009, 8:44 AM
If they have issues with your order, the best you can do is educate them that the bill does not take effect until 2011.

Harley
10-16-2009, 8:52 AM
No probs here, ordered some .223, UPS tracking says it should be here on Monday! :D

Nix78
10-16-2009, 9:08 AM
Thanks guys , I ordered 500 count so I'll be haveing some fun......not to be off the subject but the 2010 canidates do not look so good for us, research them, I would think Jerry Brown would come close.:(

I will educate those who do not know good advice T.Y

thefurball
10-16-2009, 9:33 AM
The only problem thus far is "OUT OF STOCK, BACKORDER"

DDRH
10-16-2009, 9:51 AM
think AB 962 only deals with handgun ammo, should be able to order rifle ammo online...right?

Nix78
10-16-2009, 10:53 AM
think AB 962 only deals with handgun ammo, should be able to order rifle ammo online...right?

From what I understand .....NO , for some like .223 , that can be used for pistol, but I think you can for 7.62 even if it dose be come A BILL (Knock on wood)

DDRH
10-16-2009, 10:55 AM
From what I understand .....NO , for some like .223 , that can be used for pistol, but I think you can for 7.62 even if it dose be come A BILL (Knock on wood)

you're right, and that would be a bummer :(

BroncoBob
10-16-2009, 12:25 PM
Just received 1000 rds of Fiocchi 22LR 40 gr CPSP from ATG

DJBSR
10-16-2009, 12:39 PM
The only problem thus far is "OUT OF STOCK, BACKORDER"

Second that. If you found it why only 500. 1000 needs to be minimum.

Ezekiel2000
10-16-2009, 1:27 PM

you're right, and that would be a bummer :(

I've seen people saying this a few times now, can you tell me what makes you say that?

According to the definition given, .223 and other amunition PRIMARILY/MAINLY used in rifles should be unaffected. That's my understanding anyway, interested in what led you to your understanding.

12323. As used in this chapter, the following definitions shall apply:
(a) "Handgun ammunition" means ammunition principally for use in pistols, revolvers, and other firearms capable of being concealed upon the person, as defined in subdivision (a) of Section 12001, notwithstanding that the ammunition may also be used in some rifles.
(b) "Handgun ammunition designed primarily to penetrate metal or armor" means any ammunition, except a shotgun shell or ammunition primarily designed for use in rifles, that is designed primarily to penetrate a body vest or body shield, and has either of the following characteristics:
(1) Has projectile or projectile core constructed entirely, excluding the presence of traces of other substances, from one or a combination of tungsten alloys, steel, iron, brass, beryllium copper, or depleted uranium, or any equivalent material of similar density or hardness.
(2) Is primarily manufactured or designed, by virtue of its shape, cross-sectional density, or any coating applied thereto, including, but not limited to, ammunition commonly known as "KTW ammunition," to breach or penetrate a body vest or body shield when fired from a pistol, revolver, or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person.
(c) "Body vest or shield" means any bullet-resistant material intended to provide ballistic and trauma protection for the wearer or holder.
(d) "Rifle" shall have the same meaning as defined in paragraph (20) of subdivision (c) of Section 12020.

DDRH
10-16-2009, 1:29 PM
ok, EZEkiel, i gues you're right and not a bummer ?

:confused:

Ezekiel2000
10-16-2009, 1:46 PM
I think the real bummer of it all is that nobody or very few out of state are going to care enough to look into it and they'll just stop sending all ammo to California. Like I said, this is hardly the first time I've seen people on this website confused over which ammo is affected. If we California gun owners are so confused who could blame out of state vendors for being confused as well. It's not a good situation.

kf6tac
10-16-2009, 2:10 PM
ATG isn't rejecting any California orders yet. They just shipped me 1000 rounds of Fiocchi 9mm today.

SNEAKS
10-16-2009, 2:29 PM
I ordered some ammo from Cabelas on Wednesday night and had no problems.

csorin
10-16-2009, 3:27 PM
Ordered some .45 ACP and shipped yesterday. No problem. The sad part is this bill will likely cause "hording" by the Cali population. What stinks is "hording" to some is just regular use by others. I shoot IDPA, Steel, etc, and require at least 150 rds per week. Small change compared to others, but still enough that it's difficult to find locally. My guess is that with the passing of this bill, Wally World will be sold out for another year while those too paranoid to scan a license stock up.

swerv512
10-16-2009, 4:38 PM
worse part is that many of the hoarders dont know when to say enough. i know some people who shoot about 2K year that have over 10 years supply at that rate. no one is saying that you shouldn't be "ready" but lets use some common sense. no need to start another hysteria....

swerv512
10-16-2009, 4:39 PM
BTW......

2 WEEKS!
:willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly: :willy_nilly:

draconianruler
10-16-2009, 6:27 PM
Yeah I've had problems ordering ammo. I can't find any for cheap nowadays.

Nix78
10-20-2009, 8:28 AM
See thats the thing, I got my Info from the local news, they saild ".223 is used in some pistol's so therefore would be banned makeing rifle owners unhappy".
I don't think we will have problems ordering with all the california backed pro gun shops ,us(calgunners),NRA,Major retlrs,Etc will educate them.
Threfore business will be sustained with them, I had problems finding A local dealer A year ago that would even sell AR-15 parts,saying "there illegal or we don't do buissness in that area." Now the same shops that saild that A year ago are selling Black rifle along with parts and such.YOU HAVE TO GIVE THE PEOPLE WHAT THEY WANT!!

bombadillo
10-20-2009, 8:54 AM
Nope, already got my first panic buy of 500 9mm shipped to my pops house and another box scheduled on the 21st.

WeekendWarrior
10-20-2009, 11:01 AM
WWRTW