PDA

View Full Version : Rainbow Range

retired
10-16-2009, 12:03 AM
I'm thinking of going to Rainbow tomorrow to shoot. It was supposed to be in the morning, but I have the cable guy coming over between 10-12. If he comes at 10 or so, I'll be down there.

Will anyone else be there tomorrow.

retired
10-17-2009, 12:07 AM
Turns out I didn't go because the cable guy got done to late and I didn't want to fight the traffic coming home.

I am going today (Saturday) in the late morning if anyone wants to look me up. I have a grey double cab Tundra (old style) with a disabled plate and use a cane (not to shoot, just assist in walking:D)

pennys dad
10-17-2009, 8:09 AM
Never heard of the Rainbow range. Where is it at?

retired
10-17-2009, 10:39 AM
Off the 15fwy, just south of Temecula. The Rainbow off ramp is where the truck scales are on the west side and the Border Patrol Station is on the east.

It is a private club. $145 per year and an associate member (spouse or children under 18) for $15. It only has a 100' rifle range, but it is still a nice club and the only place near me.

Several members here are members of the club.

I'm going there now.

pennys dad
10-17-2009, 11:08 AM
excellent thx. enjoy

Eat Dirt
10-17-2009, 8:45 PM
I've got to go check that place out sometime
Bee Canyon is still Close for fire season

But . all the canyons BURNED -UP fron the brush fire a while back : Nothing left to burn !!!!!!!!!!

Ron-Solo
10-17-2009, 10:33 PM
Retired, I read your post too late. Was going to go today but a couple of buddies had to back out at the last minute and didn't feel like going alone.

retired
10-18-2009, 12:00 AM
It would have been great if you could have made it, but that's ok. It wasn't crowded and I had an opportunity to meet someone on the pistol range and tell him about Calguns.

He wrote the website down; especially after I explained about OLLs, flowchart, etc. He didn't know anything about what was going on. He lives in Buena Park and was visiting his brother, so I'm sure he'll let them know about us also.

All in all, it was a good day. Got to shoot, met another Calgun member (can't recall his name:() and spread Calguns info to a probable new member.:)

scoutsniper687
10-18-2009, 8:22 AM
Question..... can you only shoot certain days there? I live very close and never bothered ever goig to by a membership because I thought you could only shoot like on saturdays or something.

retired
10-18-2009, 12:11 PM
Question..... can you only shoot certain days there? I live very close and never bothered ever goig to by a membership because I thought you could only shoot like on saturdays or something.

Nope, you can shoot everyday from 9am to 6pm or sunset, whichever is earlier. They have a combat shoot on the second Sat. (I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd.) of the month and a trap shoot each Sunday morning. I believe they both start at 9am. They also have shooting classes if you so desire.

Here is their phone number so you can get specifics on the matches or anything else. 760-723-8743.

Also, you have to be a NRA member to join and you can join there.

You cannot shoot glass, pins, metal or food (watermelon, etc.), but they furnish the target stands, you furnish the targets. OLLs are ok to shoot.

I know I answered more than you asked for, but I figured it might help with any other questions you might have.

covertcombatant
10-18-2009, 12:23 PM
Anyone up for going next Sunday? My son wants to try out his AR-22 since we got the hammer situation fixed (hopefully) :cool2:

scoutsniper687
10-18-2009, 1:34 PM
Nope, you can shoot everyday from 9am to 6pm or sunset, whichever is earlier. They have a combat shoot on the second Sat. (I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd.) of the month and a trap shoot each Sunday morning. I believe they both start at 9am. They also have shooting classes if you so desire.

Here is their phone number so you can get specifics on the matches or anything else. 760-723-8743.

Also, you have to be a NRA member to join and you can join there.

You cannot shoot glass, pins, metal or food (watermelon, etc.), but they furnish the target stands, you furnish the targets. OLLs are ok to shoot.

I know I answered more than you asked for, but I figured it might help with any other questions you might have.

I appreciate it very much. The range has on site staff im guessing?

retired
10-19-2009, 6:26 PM
I appreciate it very much. The range has on site staff im guessing?

Every time I have been there, the RO has been there. If they have to leave for some reason and lock the gate, as a member, you have the code to get in and out. I have never seen it locked during operating hours tho.

I recall one day I was there it was only the RO and me there.:D

zhyla
10-24-2009, 3:31 PM
They have a combat shoot on the second Sat. (I'm pretty sure it's the 2nd.) of the month

What's the combat shoot like? Years ago I used to participate in a pistol match there once a month - I think we called it an "amateur practical pistol match". Is that still going on? How many rounds? Cost?

retired
10-25-2009, 1:00 PM
I don't know anything about the combat shoot other than it is $5 for a member and without looking at the paperwork, I think $10 or so for a non member. You don't have to be a member to be in the match.

One of these days when I can force myself to get up early (I am retired after all.:D), I will go down there to watch it.

acheron800
10-30-2009, 8:41 PM
anybody want to go tomorrow who is a member? Me and my buddy want to check it out but don't want to buy memberships until we check it out.

let me know. Acheron800 (at) yahoo (dot) com

acheron800
10-30-2009, 9:52 PM
BUMP, or sunday is cool too. I got a sig 556 ill be bringing with the new burris ar 332, and a couple of sig pistols if anyone is interested!?!?!?!?

retired
10-30-2009, 10:39 PM
I can't go Sat. due to the grandkids soccer/bb games, but I can go Sunday for a short period. When do you plan on being there. Not too early I hope since being retired, I don't get up early anymore if I can help it.:D

They have a trap match on Sunday I think it is at 9, so it may be crowded. You might want to get there at 11am.

It costs $10 for each guest and a member (me) can have 2 at one time.

There is no rapid fire, no metal, glass, food or bowling pin targets. The rifle range is only 100yrds., so that is probably the reason for that.

Let me know.

retired
11-01-2009, 2:54 PM
I met up today with acheron800 and his friend at the range. acheron, thanks for letting my shoot your Sig 556; that is one nice rifle. I also want to thank your friend for letting me shoot his 9mm Sig pistol.

I was thinking of buying a higher level AR when I get the money I expect, but I may reconsider and buy the 556. Sweet.

I had a good time, got a chance to meet someone from Calguns and possibly got two more members for the range. Good day all around.:thumbsup:

acheron800
11-01-2009, 4:29 PM
I met up today with acheron800 and his friend at the range. acheron, thanks for letting my shoot your Sig 556; that is one nice rifle. I also want to thank your friend for letting me shoot his 9mm Sig pistol.

I was thinking of buying a higher level AR when I get the money I expect, but I may reconsider and buy the 556. Sweet.

I had a good time, got a chance to meet someone from Calguns and possibly got two more members for the range. Good day all around.:thumbsup:

Thanks a ton retired, had a great time. Thanks for letting robert and I shoot your SKS and pistols. Robert is sold on an SKS now! haha, It was good to meet you, and like I said, if you are down our way going to iron sights, feel free to give me a ring. BTW Rainbow is a very laid back range, very comfortable feel to it, and easy to get to.

Ill bring this...

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d31/surfrippa/P7300058.jpg

Thanks again retired