PDA

View Full Version : Charles Daly D-M4LE Carbine

SIGman Freud
10-15-2009, 11:09 PM
Hi all,

As I continue to research the various manufacturers of firearms these days, I keep seeing the name Charles Daly and it's almost always synonymous with quality and customer satisfaction. I know that the company is in the AR business, as are many other names. I came across this D-M4LE carbine review and was curious if anyone here owns one, has held/fired one, or knows someone who owns one and what their take is on it.

http://www.weaponevolution.com/forum/showthread.php?t=410

Is this a good value for the money? From the more experienced shooters out there, how does this carbine compare with the likes of CMMG, Stag, Daniel Defense, Colt, S & W, etc. in similar purpose?

Thanks!

osis32
10-16-2009, 10:19 AM
I h ave two charles daly lowers and they fit perfectly with my stag upper. the finish also matches enough that I dont see any visible difference. my lpks run smoothly so far Im very pleased.

justin_5585
10-16-2009, 10:55 AM
I have a charles daly lower as well, and it's fit and finish is every bit as good as my S&W

SIGman Freud
10-16-2009, 5:10 PM
I guess CD is quite new with the full, complete rifles so not too many people have one yet.

I went to River City Gun Exchange in Sactown earlier today and all they've had there, according to one of the salesmen, have been lowers. I also checked at the Stag 15, but they were asking $1280 or thereabouts. One guy there, Benny, I think was his name said that the Stag 15 complete rifle was a wiser choice over the CD M4 because it had name recognition and a reputation for solid build. Of course, it was nearly $100 more than the Charles Daly D-M4LE that they had to order. I think they had to order the CD M4 first, then they would sell for about $1189. Naturally, they want to get rid of what they already have before they have to order something new. :confused:

osis32
10-16-2009, 5:47 PM
when I was trying to buy a cd upper they said they were too far behind on manufacturing rifles and uppers would not be available any time soon. that was in april. I doubt they have caught up considering the demand that happened over the last 8 months due to their newness in this type of weapons manufacture. well see all the reviews Ive read have been good and like I said my lower is as good as any other Ive handled.

SIGman Freud
10-16-2009, 5:52 PM
Hmm......my research continues then.

Thanks, people. :)

paladin4415
10-16-2009, 6:53 PM
The CD rifles got very good reviews when they came out, but they just could not keep up with demand. I don't think they are caught up yet.
Take a long look at the rifles from Daniel Defense, they seem like a good quality rifle at a fair price.
Both the CD and DD rifles are ahead of Stag in my book.

I just checked, and it looks like Bud's has the CD in stock.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/products_id/54174

hawk81
10-16-2009, 10:23 PM
I heard the gun was really good, and they were using top of the line parts.

SmokinMr2
10-17-2009, 8:51 AM
The owner replies on their forums. Why not ask him about production/availability?
http://www.charlesdalyforum.com/index.php