PDA

View Full Version : Background check...

hardrivr
10-15-2009, 10:56 PM
Can or will a gun dealer run the necessary paperwork to confirm I can even buy a handgun or rifle prior to purchasing or working out a tranaction from one you guys? I know there's a cost involved and I'm okay with that, but I just want to make sure before I start offering CCG sellers offers that it will go through. I know I can get the background check with DOJ but it takes at least 30 to 60 days currently, and then I to do it all over again at a dealer. I "BELIEVE" everything will come out okay, but just wanted to make sure I didn't have a skeleton in my closet that needs to be removed's

thanks,

HondaMasterTech
10-15-2009, 11:01 PM
Yes.

advocatusdiaboli
10-15-2009, 11:23 PM
They will because it is the law and their livelihood requires it or they lose their license, livelihood, and maybe some cash and their freedom for a while.

You can file a form with the Cal DOJ to find out if there are any reasons why you'd be denied and, unlike actually trying to buy one, this discovery process will not result in criminal misconduct on your part, which sounds like it might be important to you.

It costs $20 and take 30 days or so, but it might be worth it to your piece of mind from what I gather--however, I figure if you have to ask then you have skeletons rattling in there and you risk focusing their attention on them that they otherwise might not. It's a risk either way. Good luck.

Personal Firearms Eligibility Check Application (http://www.ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/pfecapp.pdf)