PDA

View Full Version : deleted

biker777
10-15-2009, 8:32 PM
done

Mssr. Eleganté
10-15-2009, 9:01 PM
It doesn't matter if the gun is new or used. It only matters if the gun is coming from the Dealer's inventory. If a Dealer buys a used gun from somebody so he can sell it in his shop, then that used gun would still be subject to the 1 in 30 day limit if you wanted to buy it. If you do a PPT of gun or buy a gun that is on consignment in the shop from a private seller, then the gun is not subject to the 1 in 30 day limit.

But it is very common for people to mistakenly simplify this by saying that the 1 in 30 day limit only applies to "new" guns.

biker777
10-15-2009, 9:37 PM
It doesn't matter if the gun is new or used. It only matters if the gun is coming from the Dealer's inventory. If a Dealer buys a used gun from somebody so he can sell it in his shop, then that used gun would still be subject to the 1 in 30 day limit if you wanted to buy it. If you do a PPT of gun or buy a gun that is on consignment in the shop from a private seller, then the gun is not subject to the 1 in 30 day limit.

But it is very common for people to mistakenly simplify this by saying that the 1 in 30 day limit only applies to "new" guns.

thanks for the reply, maybe some one should explain that to some of the dealers I have been at.

I was just told a few days ago that all used guns sold in their store are subject only to the 10 day waiting period..

ke6guj
10-15-2009, 10:39 PM
Yup, hear that a lot. "It only applies to "NEW" guns", forgetting that a dealer may stock stuff like trade-in Sigs and Glocks.

thanks for the reply, maybe some one should explain that to some of the dealers I have been at.

I was just told a few days ago that all used guns sold in their store are subject only to the 10 day waiting period..perhaps the only "used" guns they have are cosignment guns. In that case, they would be correct.

Mssr. Eleganté
10-15-2009, 10:40 PM

I was just told a few days ago that all used guns sold in their store are subject only to the 10 day waiting period..

A huge percentage of used handguns can't be sold to regular customers at all by California FFL's anymore since they aren't on the Roster. So it wouldn't surprise me if some gun shops only offer consignment sales of used handguns now, to avoid the Roster problem. That would also mean that they could process the consigned guns as PPT's, thus allowing the buyers to avoid the 1 in 30 day rule too.