PDA

View Full Version : Just read over alot of Saiga Conversion guides/videos

Henry Hill
10-15-2009, 5:48 PM
What a complete headache!!! It seems very complicated ( I'm not too much of a handy man ). Just wondering, if I decide to not do a full conversion and go with a pistol grip stock ( like the Tapco 6 that everyone here hates :rolleyes: ) , are there any 10/30 saiga mags, to give it a more classic AK - look? I hear the surefire 30 mags fit, but are any of these available blocked off?

Fot
10-15-2009, 7:45 PM
What a complete headache!!! It seems very complicated ( I'm not too much of a handy man ). Just wondering, if I decide to not do a full conversion and go with a pistol grip stock ( like the Tapco 6 that everyone here hates :rolleyes: ) , are there any 10/30 saiga mags, to give it a more classic AK - look? I hear the surefire 30 mags fit, but are any of these available blocked off?

What caliber? I have seen 7.62 10/30 mags, other calibers are harder to find in general, plus add the Califonia to the address and the list dwindles even more. Stay away from Pro mags.

The conversation isn't as bad as it looks. I did mine with a hammer, punch and dremel. Didn't have to drill anything. Use the dental floss trick on the BHO spring, rest is like putting lego pieces together.

corporateslave
10-15-2009, 7:55 PM

As far as I know, if you use a tapco pistol grip stock you will still have to worry about 922r compliance to make the weapon legal. Since you will have to buy a bunch of American made parts you may as well just go for the whole conversion.

I have not seen any Surefire 10/30 mags for sale anywhere. You might be lucky enough to find someone selling Surefire mag parts kits that you could modify to be a 10/30 mag. You also have the option of installing a bullet guide to be able to use AK mags, and you might be able to find 10/30 AK mags out there, I haven't looked.

If you haven't already you should ask your Saiga questions at the proper forum for you caliber at http://forum.saiga-12.com/

Henry Hill
10-15-2009, 8:25 PM
What caliber? I have seen 7.62 10/30 mags, other calibers are harder to find in general, plus add the Califonia to the address and the list dwindles even more. Stay away from Pro mags.

The conversation isn't as bad as it looks. I did mine with a hammer, punch and dremel. Didn't have to drill anything. Use the dental floss trick on the BHO spring, rest is like putting lego pieces together.

Its 7.62, any suggestions on a place I can find them?

As far as I know, if you use a tapco pistol grip stock you will still have to worry about 922r compliance to make the weapon legal. Since you will have to buy a bunch of American made parts you may as well just go for the whole conversion.

I have not seen any Surefire 10/30 mags for sale anywhere. You might be lucky enough to find someone selling Surefire mag parts kits that you could modify to be a 10/30 mag. You also have the option of installing a bullet guide to be able to use AK mags, and you might be able to find 10/30 AK mags out there, I haven't looked.

If you haven't already you should ask your Saiga questions at the proper forum for you caliber at http://forum.saiga-12.com/

Why would I have to worry about 922r compliance?

I would be just adding an american made stock, bullet button, and 10/30 mag?

Fot
10-15-2009, 9:54 PM
Its 7.62, any suggestions on a place I can find them?

Why would I have to worry about 922r compliance?

I would be just adding an american made stock, bullet button, and 10/30 mag?

Once you put a pistol grip you have to go with 922, as it's no longer considered a "sporting rifle" If you go with Surefire mags and Tapco stock you will be legal (10 foreign made parts)

Fot
10-15-2009, 9:58 PM
http://thegunwiki.com/Gunwiki/BuildSaigaVerifyCompliance

Handy tool for Saiga 922 compliance

Fot
10-15-2009, 10:00 PM
http://solartactical.com/product.sc?productId=28&categoryId=17

Currently sold out but keep checking with em.