PDA

View Full Version : What magazine conversion for sps varmint?

kozumasbullitt
10-15-2009, 3:48 PM
I have a .308 sps varmint with a Bell and Carlson A5 tactical stock and want to do a detachable magazine conversion, what set up should i go with? I was suggested from the place i got the stock from to go with the Wyatt's kit. any input?

swerv512
10-15-2009, 3:55 PM
Badger M5- what most people use and will more than likely say works best and i hear it's pretty durable. i just hate the mag release sticking down. worst thing is the price $$$

Seekins- uses a sweet push button mag release, but uses their own mags- nice price though

CDI- kinda like M5

HS- ergos like stock 700 magazine release. takes a lil while to get use to. nice price- EXPENSIVE MAGS!

kozumasbullitt
10-15-2009, 4:26 PM
Any experience with wyatts?

kozumasbullitt
10-15-2009, 4:42 PM
so i think i might go with the hs-percision becuase it is a 10rd and the wyatts is a 5 and the price is only about $40 apart. Will the hs fit the bell and carlson a5 stock with little to no modification?

swerv512
10-15-2009, 4:48 PM
never tried wyatts but looks similar to HS...
when i talked to an HS rep- i was told that their system is "pretty much drop in" for HS stocks. i've heard that it will require some modifications for the HS system to fit in other stocks. IMHO and if it was my $$$, i'd only go for the wyatts or HS if it is a true plug-n-play drop-in and go procedure. if any inletting is required, i'd go BADGER or SEEKINS and call it a day. HS is nice to me because it "drops in." Wallet says HS, heart weeps for M5

kozumasbullitt
10-15-2009, 4:55 PM
never tried wyatts but looks similar to HS...
when i talked to an HS rep- i was told that their system is "pretty much drop in" for HS stocks. i've heard that it will require some modifications for the HS system to fit in other stocks. IMHO and if it was my $$$, i'd only go for the wyatts or HS if it is a true plug-n-play drop-in and go procedure. if any inletting is required, i'd go BADGER or SEEKINS and call it a day. HS is nice to me because it "drops in." Wallet says HS, heart weeps for M5

so on stockystock they advertise the wyatts as a direct fit with the bell and carlson a5, will the hs drop in or will i need to mod the inlet? I am on the fence between the 2.

swerv512
10-15-2009, 5:19 PM
so on stockystock they advertise the wyatts as a direct fit with the bell and carlson a5, will the hs drop in or will i need to mod the inlet? I am on the fence between the 2.

no experience with B&C stocks... ask Randall, he may be able to shine some light on the topic- he's around here some where...

kozumasbullitt
10-15-2009, 5:39 PM
Anyone else? I want to get this ordered tonight :)

kozumasbullitt
10-15-2009, 9:42 PM
I went with the hs precision 10rd assembly.