PDA

View Full Version : The "Sturmgewehr" clone is about to be available in the US

lomalinda
10-15-2009, 11:35 AM
PTR-91 is about to release their SA version of what's commonly thought to be the prototypical "assault rifle," the MP-44:

http://www.ptr91.com/index.html

M1A Rifleman
10-15-2009, 11:39 AM
That would be cool. Hopefully not the original 8mm kurtz.

lomalinda
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
For better or worse, the gun uses the 7.92x33 mm cartridge. For the sake of retaining as much authenticity as possible, they made it very expensive to feed.

Bobotheclown
10-15-2009, 11:48 AM
8 x 33 (7.92 x 33 short)

M1A Rifleman
10-15-2009, 11:51 AM
8 x 33 (7.92 x 33 short)

which = 8mm Kurtz. Ugh, difficult and expensive at best to get in the US.

stix213
10-15-2009, 11:52 AM
Looks easy enough to get, and $0.53 per round for rare brass cased ammo seems pretty darn cheap to me. I can't find 7.62x39 brass cased ammo that cheap anywhere as it is. Found this stuff first place I even tried.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/8mm_Kurz.html

This would be a totally awesome rifle to own. I'm sure I would get a lot of questions at the range.

Dirtbiker
10-15-2009, 11:54 AM
Too bad for shooters but good for collectors. They should make in in 9mm, 38 Super, or 30 Carbine.

M1A Rifleman
10-15-2009, 11:56 AM
Looks easy enough to get, and $0.53 for rare brass cased ammo seems pretty darn cheap to me. Found this stuff first place I even tried.

http://www.aimsurplus.com/acatalog/8mm_Kurz.html

You are right, CBC makes it, and not a bad price. I stand corrected. :o

lomalinda
10-15-2009, 11:56 AM
"Too bad for shooters but good for collectors."

If I get this, I'd keep it unfired and locked in the safe.

stix213
10-15-2009, 12:03 PM
"Too bad for shooters but good for collectors."

If I get this, I'd keep it unfired and locked in the safe.

Not me! I'd be shooting fruit with it every chance I got.

lomalinda
10-15-2009, 12:35 PM
"Not me! I'd be shooting fruit with it every chance I got."

That works for both of us. Drop me a line when you hit the range with it and we'll meet up!

LOL

RECCE556
10-15-2009, 12:49 PM
damn, I hope the price is reasonable because I want one! That would be a cool to take into a carbine course! :) Here's a photo for the lazy. :)

http://www.ptr91.com/images/ptr44-enlargement-02.jpg
http://www.ptr91.com/images/ptr44-enlargement-03.jpg

Vanguard
10-15-2009, 1:03 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind making a replica, for sale, of what is now an inferior weapon. I could see buying an actual, orginal sturmgewehr for historical and cool factor value, but why buy a brand new weapon like that. I'd rather just buy an AK or something.

technique
10-15-2009, 1:15 PM
nostalgia?

lomalinda
10-15-2009, 1:21 PM
I'm wondering how nice the stock and pistol grip are. Specifically, is that wood or some polymer that they're using?

BHPFan
10-15-2009, 1:28 PM
damn, I hope the price is reasonable because I want one! That would be a cool to take into a carbine course! :) Here's a photo for the lazy. :)

http://www.ptr91.com/images/ptr44-enlargement-02.jpg
http://www.ptr91.com/images/ptr44-enlargement-03.jpg

I wonder how the mag will be locked (BB or Radlock) and how to load ammo on that rifle to make it Cal Legal?

redcliff
10-15-2009, 1:38 PM
The price I've heard on these things is around $4k, maybe more? It's unfortunate they can't be chamberred for 7.62x39 due to its length.

Gryff
10-15-2009, 1:42 PM
Chambering it in 8mm Kurz was stupid. People who want something like that want to shoot it. Sure, you can find 8mm on the Internet, but you can't go out to a local store and get it.

Should have chambered it in .223.

5hundo
10-15-2009, 1:46 PM
Chambering it in 8mm Kurz was stupid. People who want something like that want to shoot it. Sure, you can find 8mm on the Internet, but you can't go out to a local store and get it.

Should have chambered it in .223.

I don't think that's much of a factor, really. I have a half-dozen weapons that I cannot buy ammo for at pretty much every store in this state.

...but I still own them, and shoot them. 8mm Kurtz is a lot easier to find than 30-40 Krag, these days.

I think this thing is cool! I'd love to have one...

NSR500
10-15-2009, 1:52 PM
I'd like to see it in 7.62x25, it'd be really cheap to feed that puppy!

stix213
10-15-2009, 1:53 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind making a replica, for sale, of what is now an inferior weapon. I could see buying an actual, orginal sturmgewehr for historical and cool factor value, but why buy a brand new weapon like that. I'd rather just buy an AK or something.

The AK only dates to 3 years later. Both the Sturmgewehr and the AK are mid 1940's rifles.

Would you hold out for a real 1940's AK? Or would you buy a "replica" version made more recently like everyone else?

Vanguard
10-15-2009, 2:14 PM
The AK only dates to 3 years later. Both the Sturmgewehr and the AK are mid 1940's rifles.

Would you hold out for a real 1940's AK? Or would you buy a "replica" version made more recently like everyone else?

The AK has been improved over the years. It's not the same rifle it was in the 40's. The Sturmgewehr has not been produced since then.

Please. :rolleyes:

Josh3239
10-15-2009, 2:25 PM
The AK47 has been upgraded. To the AKM to the AK74 all the way to the AK100 series. The AK47 is pretty much the same thing it has been since it was made. There is a reason why the Chinese, the Russians, the Polish, etc all have dropped the '47 for improved models of the AK.

The STG44 was the first modern "assault weapon" and a very cool rifle. "Real" ones aren't exactly easy to get ahold off. Clone or not, the rifle itself has massive history behind it.

Gryff
10-15-2009, 2:30 PM
I don't understand the reasoning behind making a replica, for sale, of what is now an inferior weapon.

Why do people buy Ruger Vaqueros and current-production Colt SAAs? If it works reliably, and it's fun, then why not?

I don't think that's much of a factor, really. I have a half-dozen weapons that I cannot buy ammo for at pretty much every store in this state.

...but I still own them, and shoot them.

But were they currently made reproductions of vintage weapons? I just don't see the point in bringing a gun to market for which no major ammo manufacturer offers products for, especially when it would have been nothing to change the caliber to a currently produced one. For example, there are several repros of the Colt Lightning rifle available now, but most are offered with .357 Magnum as an option. Makes a much-smarter business decision than just offering them in .45 Long Colt or .44-40.

These Stg.44s are seriously cool, but I would never buy one if I am at the mercy of surplus ammo supply.

Vanguard
10-15-2009, 2:39 PM
Why do people buy Ruger Vaqueros and current-production Colt SAAs? If it works reliably, and it's fun, then why not?

Ammo and parts

But were they currently made reproductions of vintage weapons? I just don't see the point in bringing a gun to market for which no major ammo manufacturer offers products for, especially when it would have been nothing to change the caliber to a currently produced one. For example, there are several repros of the Colt Lightning rifle available now, but most are offered with .357 Magnum as an option. Makes a much-smarter business decision than just offering them in .45 Long Colt or .44-40.

These Stg.44s are seriously cool, but I would never buy one if I am at the mercy of surplus ammo supply.

You answered your own question as to "why not" in your second paragraph.

Gryff
10-15-2009, 2:50 PM
You answered your own question as to "why not" in your second paragraph.

No, I didn't. A person can go buy a Vaquero in .357 Magnum, so there is no question of finding ammo for it. If they made just in .45 Colt, it wouldn't make any sense from a business standpoint...kind of like the PTR-44. Very foolish, and sad that you will see them drop this product from the line in the next 12-24 months for exactly this reason.

chuck762
10-15-2009, 2:53 PM
The AK has been improved over the years. It's not the same rifle it was in the 40's. The Sturmgewehr has not been produced since then.

The great thing is if you don't want one don't buy it. Any company that comes out with anything in these anti gun days should be supported.
I would like one but refuse to neuter it to own in this state so i will not be getting one.

There is a demand for WW2 replicas or no one would spend the money making them. Look at the semi MG34, MG42, BAR , M2 Brownings, M1919s and Thompsons sold.

FeuerFrei
10-15-2009, 3:33 PM
WOW!
I was hoping someone would make these babies again.
If I were a collector I'd be all over one ASAP!

Mac Attack
10-15-2009, 3:34 PM
I knew a guy back in GA from Arfcom who had one. He brought it to a group shoot along with a lot of other Class 3 item (probably like 10+ rifles and Suppressors) and I shot it. Nice historic rifle but not I don't think it compares to a modern rifle.

The same guy had a Johnson rifle which was cool to shoot as was his Thompson, M3, Russian PHH, belt feds...etc. Dam I miss shooting other peoples ammo :)

Solidsnake87
10-15-2009, 3:41 PM
They need to make it in 7.62x39, then they'd have a seller.

lomalinda
10-15-2009, 4:03 PM
I don't know about the clone, but I'd classify an original MP-44 in the same vaunted category as a Thompson, STEN/Sterling/Lancaster (don't LOL @ me), MP-40, PPSH-41, Bren, etc. Granted, there's a huge price difference between various members of this group, but they're all legendary firearms and would be cool as hell to own. :)

I'd love to have the $$$ and residency to own these things. Maybe someday...

Afterburnt
10-15-2009, 4:06 PM
I think Kurtz is the guy from Apocalypse Now

JohnBrian
10-15-2009, 4:14 PM
I'd like to see it in 7.62x25, it'd be really cheap to feed that puppy!
+1

LOTS of ammo available on the interweb for relatively cheap (well, at least until 2/2010 for us here in Commiefornia).

Also, chambered in 5.7x28 might be interesting?

And .40S&W and 9mm.

1919_4_ME
10-15-2009, 4:39 PM
This gun is awesome and if you can afford to buy it! Also are these being imported or put together here in the US? If they are imported that will make them more collectible in the future if they decide to cut off the importation of them...

vf111
10-15-2009, 4:40 PM
Looks like I'll have to put my trip to Hawaii next year on hold....

bigstick61
10-15-2009, 7:13 PM
PRVI Partizan makes relatively cheap ammo in 7.92 Kurz. I think it's somewhere around $12 a box or something, which isn't bad these days, especially for a specialty ammo. I think having one of these would be cool, but I do think it is a bit too expensive, but they are making it to original specs using original methods and it is being made in Germany, which has high wages and costs of doing business and also uses a currency that has an advantage over the dollar right now in the exchange market.

OG Z
10-15-2009, 7:22 PM
if it comes down to semi auto versions of WW2 auto rifles... i would stay on the hunt for a Monitor.

Napalm Bulldog
10-15-2009, 7:32 PM
Looks cool but the round it uses makes about as much since as an elevator in an out house!

timdps
10-15-2009, 7:32 PM
Add a grip fin and those of us with preban mags are good to go...:43:

Tim

I wonder how the mag will be locked (BB or Radlock) and how to load ammo on that rifle to make it Cal Legal?

redcliff
10-15-2009, 9:28 PM
Add a grip fin and those of us with preban mags are good to go...:43:

Tim

Damn, I knew there was a firearm I forgot to pick up some high-capacity magazines for back in 99, but I couldn't remember what it was... how could I have overlooked all those MP44 mags sitting on my dealer's shelves...

Pvt. Cowboy
10-15-2009, 10:37 PM
This would be a totally awesome rifle to own. I'm sure I would get a lot of questions at the range.

... along the lines of "When exactly did you develop this fascination for Hitler, anyway?". ;)

darkest2000
11-27-2009, 12:27 PM
Don't understand the reasoning behind it? Really?

Hey, tell me where I can buy an actual, original Sturmgewehr for $4.3k, LEGALLY. In CA, and I'll be all over it.

That's right, you can't. Until then, this is the next best thing if you want to appreciate history. The Sturmgewehr was developed 65 years ago, so yes it would be inferior than modern guns, thanks for pointing that out:rolleyes: It also happens to be the FIRST true assault weapon in the world, so it has a very high rank in historical importance of modern small arms development.

Then again, this isn't the gun you're gonna use for HD either. This gun isn't for everyone, it fills a niche collectors market.

If you don't understand that of course there's always the AKs and WASRs for you.

Josh3239
11-27-2009, 12:42 PM
Why is the STG an inferior weapon to begin with?

If you ask me, compared to modern rifles, rifles like (to name a very few) the AK (oh boy I know I am gonna catch flack for that), M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1 Thompson, Browning 1919 series, MP40, Sten and all those military surplus C&R bolt actions are all inferior to modern rifles. Maybe we should just burn them all.

Oh and the historical value, the fun, the uniqeness, and of course sense doesn't matter because Vanguard thinks that there is no point to owing an "inferior weapon".

dwa
11-27-2009, 1:51 PM
Why is the STG an inferior weapon to begin with?

If you ask me, compared to modern rifles, rifles like (to name a very few) the AK (oh boy I know I am gonna catch flack for that), M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, M1 Thompson, Browning 1919 series, MP40, Sten and all those military surplus C&R bolt actions are all inferior to modern rifles. Maybe we should just burn them all.

Oh and the historical value, the fun, the uniqeness, and of course sense doesn't matter because Vanguard thinks that there is no point to owing an "inferior weapon".

nail on the head. the STG is great and would be a fun rifle to have.

Jonathan Doe
11-27-2009, 2:04 PM
I know where couple of these original rifles and quite a lot of ammo are. I guess I will have to shoot them one of these days.:cool:

B Strong
11-27-2009, 2:52 PM
If the price isn't prohibitive (2K +) I'll be buying one.

B Strong
11-27-2009, 2:57 PM

If you don't understand why, there's no explaining.

B Strong
11-27-2009, 3:06 PM
if it comes down to semi auto versions of WW2 auto rifles... i would stay on the hunt for a Monitor.

When I and my friends ordered our 1918A3's from Bob Landies, I asked him about the possibility of him building a Monitor or an FN D clone in semi.

No-go - no supply of Monitor parts exist in quantity anywhere that he knew of, and he would have to manufacture platform specific semi-parts for each version that wouldn't be cost effective v. the possible selling price - not too much of a market for 10K semi's

oaklander
11-27-2009, 3:17 PM
Not sure what is wrong with the old rifles. You pull the trigger and they go bang, just like the new rifles.

There have been few, if any, REAL improvements in semi-auto rifles (or select-fire) rifles in the last 90 years.

Direct impingement gas system - OLD
Gas piston gas system - OLD
Rotating bolt - OLD
Shoulder-locking bolt - OLD
Polymer furniture - OLD
Removable magazine - OLD

Optics are a different story - but there's no reason you can't mount new optics on old rifles.

The BIGGEST changes were (1) semi-auto/select-fire rifles (more than 100 years ago), and smokeless powder (more than 100 years ago).

Even the "new" AKM and AK100 rifles are basically the same as the old AK47 rifles. The M14 is basically the same as a Garand. Even the "new" M4 is based on a design from over 50 years ago.

There are some new designs coming out in PDW's - but that's about it.

There is simply not that much new under the sun.

EDIT: how was the AK "improved?" I think there have been some changes to the receiver to make it cheaper to produce. That's it, as far as I know.

DREADNOUGHT78
11-27-2009, 3:19 PM
Cool rifle but I could think of alot better of ways to spend the money!

B Strong
11-27-2009, 3:28 PM
... along the lines of "When exactly did you develop this fascination for Hitler, anyway?". ;)

Hiler didn't even want the rifle developed...

jdberger
11-27-2009, 4:01 PM
I'm in.

It'll hang on the wall next to the K98.

xibunkrlilkidsx
11-27-2009, 4:28 PM
nostalgia?

exactly. would make a great shooter for ****s and giggles. never said i wanted to go into combat with it.

B Strong
11-27-2009, 4:31 PM
I'm in.

It'll hang on the wall next to the K98.

That 4.3K $ speculation is raining on my part of the parade.

At 2-2.5K I would have had to grit my teeth and buy, but 4k + is a deal breaker for me.

run8
11-27-2009, 4:42 PM
If you appreciate modern weaponry, then you have to appreciate where it all started, while most can't afford the real deal, let alone own the real deal in CA. I say this is the next best thing, I am going to look into it and see if I can get one, this would certainly have a perfect spot in my collection.

SIGman Freud
11-27-2009, 4:43 PM
Anybody have an idea what the price point in CA is going to be? Who in NorCal will be carrying it?

*Damn WWII games like Call of Duty and Medal of Honor just have me WAY too interested in this rifle! lol

Beatone
11-27-2009, 5:14 PM
I'm hearing that there is a problem with the reproduction mags. They won't feed correctly if more than ten rounds are loaded in the 30 rd mag. (No problem for Ca.) I think I'll go with a original kit made semi-auto.
I do want one.

darkest2000
11-27-2009, 5:31 PM
I'm hearing that there is a problem with the reproduction mags. They won't feed correctly if more than ten rounds are loaded in the 30 rd mag. (No problem for Ca.) I think I'l go with a original kit made semi-auto.
I do want one.
Indeed there have been reports with the factory mag not working properly, although from my understanding the issue is with the mag itself (likely the follower, since that's one of the U.S. made parts)and not the rifle. If you have repro mags or original MP44 mags that should solve most of the issues.

Building from a kit is great in that you're actually using authentic WWII parts, however just the kit alone will cost 2/3 the cost of the new gun, and you gotta find someone skillful enough to weld it back, ensure it's true and straight, make it semi only, refinish etc. The cost to do that won't be cheap either.

And I've never seen a weld job that are truly "straight". It's also very difficult to dress down welds on a stamped receiver so they'll be an eye sore to look at. Not to mention you have to find your 7 U.S. made parts for compliance.

That's a lot of compromises and hoops to jump through just to avoid the relatively minor mag issue.

I would rather spend the cash on something that is built complete, on a receiver that was never cut or damaged, straight and true, just the way it's intended, and still true to original.

Just my $0.02, there are plenty of people that are happy with their reweld semis.

B Strong
11-27-2009, 5:39 PM
Indeed there have been reports with the factory mag not working properly, although from my understanding the issue is with the mag itself (likely the follower, since that's one of the U.S. made parts)and not the rifle. If you have repro mags or original MP44 mags that should solve most of the issues.

Building from a kit is great in that you're actually using authentic WWII parts, however just the kit alone will cost 2/3 the cost of the new gun, and you gotta find someone skillful enough to weld it back, ensure it's true and straight, make it semi only, refinish etc. The cost to do that won't be cheap either.

And I've never seen a weld job that are truly "straight". It's also very difficult to dress down welds on a stamped receiver so they'll be an eye sore to look at. Not to mention you have to find your 7 U.S. made parts for compliance.

That's a lot of compromises and hoops to jump through just to avoid the relatively minor mag issue.

I would rather spend the cash on something that is built complete, on a receiver that was never cut or damaged, straight and true, just the way it's intended, and still true to original.

Just my $0.02, there are plenty of people that are happy with their reweld semis.

Not to mention that you'll have to manufacture a version of the rifle that will not accept the original full auto parts...

You just can't build up a rifle with a semi-auto modified selector switch and be legal.

Beatone
11-27-2009, 6:03 PM

Your correct, the gun its self is not the problem at this point. If you did have original mags the gun functions perfectly.
I have a saw cut kit to do my build from. I was able to find pieces that overlap and will only require one weld in the barrel trunnion area so it should stay straight. I have express my concerns to my gunsmith and there should be no problem. I don't want a crappy weld job done for sure. I'm a welder by trade so I know what I want. (No I won't be doing the welding darn it)
There are few people making 922 compliant parts so I am ahead of the game doing this. Mine will be much cheaper with real WWII parts. (Except for 922 parts) Kits use to be some what cheap yeas ago.
Still have to say get one if you can. Very cool.

Beatone
11-27-2009, 6:08 PM
Not to mention that you'll have to manufacture a version of the rifle that will not accept the original full auto parts...

You just can't build up a rifle with a semi-auto modified selector switch and be legal.

True but I have that covered by info from people who have done this in semi-auto legally to comply with ATF standards. No way to accept full auto parts.

Beatone
11-27-2009, 6:09 PM
Like I say get one if you can. It will be a hit at the range and fun to shoot.

B Strong
11-27-2009, 6:27 PM
True but I have that covered by info from people who have done this in semi-auto legally to comply with ATF standards. No way to accept full auto parts.

Don't be a tease - clue me in!

vf111
01-02-2010, 3:43 PM
Any updates on this rifle?

timdps
01-02-2010, 6:00 PM
Any updates on this rifle?

200 rifles imported and made 922 compliant, new buttstocks made and other issues dealt with. There seem to be enough problems with 50 of them that they have not been released for sale. Recon Ordnance got 75 to sell and PTR is selling 75 for a grand total of 150 rifles. Price is $5000 with two mags and the original buttstock. There are no additional mags available from PTR/Recon Odrnance.

There are problems with the SDD mags causing the mags to sit low and occasionally fail to feed with the bolt sliding over the round.

The good news is that original and earlier repro mags (like the one currently on Gunbroker) seem to feed fine. Very glad I bought mags from IMA long before the CA AW/High cap mag ban came into effect....

All that said, mine got a grip fin that I sent to Freakshow and is now sitting in the 10 day jail.. Yippee!

I have a couple hundred rounds of Privi 7.92 x 33 and a bunch of blank rounds and a BFA so am ready to go.

They are selling pretty quickly so if you want one now would be the time to contact Recon Ordnance or PTR.

Tim

Bucky G
01-02-2010, 6:13 PM
crap... I told my nine year old he couldn't have one because it was illegal :p

timdps
01-02-2010, 6:31 PM
crap... I told my nine year old he couldn't have one because it was illegal :p

A bit steep for a nine year old, perhaps an airsoft version would be more his speed: http://www.airsoftextreme.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=4210

These are very nice airsoft guns. Full weight and 450 fps out of the box!
Had to slow it down to 400 fps to be able to use it at local airsoft events.

Tim

Bucky G
01-02-2010, 6:35 PM
thanks!
I don't think he will go for an airsoft gun after having his own M4 :p

timdps
01-02-2010, 7:24 PM
LOL! I can see where that might be a problem.

I guess I owe him a few shots out of the PTR44... Maybe we can trade rifles for a bit at the range someday, since I don't have an M4...:D

Tim

thanks!
I don't think he will go for an airsoft gun after having his own M4 :p

NaughtyMonkey
01-02-2010, 8:56 PM
I'd shoot it all the time!!!! This is pretty cool.

GM4spd
01-03-2010, 6:19 AM
Any news about the RIMFIRE version being available this year? Pete

D Day Dog
02-27-2010, 10:27 PM
No news yet. Told by them that they will try this year. However, a post on a different forum stated that a member saw a guy coming out of show with one here in the U.S. and paid $900 for it. Not sure as to the accuracy of that, but the guy who posted that is a credible forum member who knows MP44s.

D Day

Army GI
02-27-2010, 10:31 PM
That would be cool. Hopefully not the original 8mm kurtz.

If not, then what would be the point? Might as well just buy an AK.

http://www.grafs.com/product/266862

Reload.

D Day Dog
04-06-2010, 12:23 PM
Good luck finding many bullets to reload these rifles with. I've only found one source for bullets online and Hornady quit making them. Might as well stock up on Prvi Partisan.

D Day

Marxman
04-06-2010, 12:56 PM
Nevermind

timdps
04-06-2010, 1:49 PM
Rifle works well with live and blank rounds. WWII GI reenactors are not usually expecting what is effectively an AK in the hands of the enemy. :43:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3603/251442.th.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/251442.jpg/)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2990/25144.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/25144.jpg/)

jdberger
04-06-2010, 1:54 PM
What's the little "q-tip" looking thingy sticking out the front of the gas block (or what would be the gas block on an AK)?

Toast
04-06-2010, 4:37 PM
If they had an option for chambering it in 5.45 that would be pretty awesome.

holasrmateo
04-06-2010, 5:17 PM
Hiler didn't even want the rifle developed...

I take all of my cues from Hitler.

D Day Dog
04-06-2010, 6:48 PM
Rifle works well with live and blank rounds. WWII GI reenactors are not usually expecting what is effectively an AK in the hands of the enemy. :43:

http://img35.imageshack.us/img35/3603/251442.th.jpg (http://img35.imageshack.us/i/251442.jpg/)

http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/2990/25144.th.jpg (http://img193.imageshack.us/i/25144.jpg/)

Hey timdps, are you using the PTR mags. that came with the rifle or originals, repros. or a combinaton thereof?

D Day

timdps
04-06-2010, 7:34 PM
Hey timdps, are you using the PTR mags. that came with the rifle or originals, repros. or a combinaton thereof?

D Day

This being California, I am using my pre-California ban original mags.

Tim