PDA

View Full Version : OK..Hi Cap rebuild kits..Anyone??

Swatguy10_15
10-14-2009, 11:47 PM
As stated in PC12020..
California Penal Code section 12020(c)
(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.

Ok..So I get the modification part. Thats great. Simple bend here, bend there.Voila! But Simply taking one apart and selling it as a "rebuild kit"..Has anyone seen nor heard and actual educated guess as to Law Enforcements opinion on this?
What happens if you sell a high cap to someone as a rebuild kit.They get caught with it and pass the buck off to you..I dont see "well i took it apart and offered it as a rebuild kit" providing much of a defense in court. Nor does it state anywhere in the PC about rebuild kits..If I buy a rebuild kit, say my magazine body gets damaged..I "assemble" this rebuild kit and the new bodys date-stamped 10/07. Handcuffs for me! I was in possession of a high capacity magazine, rebuild kit or not. Anyone have any EDUCATED thoughts ,opinions or past experiences with this theory?

five.five-six
10-14-2009, 11:53 PM
:beatingadeadhorse:

try this link (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/search.php?searchid=5988609)

so here is my question, what if you buy a 10 round .50 beowolf mag and put 30 rounds of 5.56 in it?

hoffmang
10-14-2009, 11:56 PM
so here is my question, what if you buy a 10 round .50 beowolf mag and put 30 rounds of 5.56 in it?

If you own a .50 beowulf upper or something else that those 10 rounders work with you should feel comfortable using them in any way that works.

-Gene

eaglemike
10-15-2009, 12:02 AM
As stated in PC12020..
(25) As used in this section, "large-capacity magazine" means any ammunition feeding device with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds, but shall not be construed to include any of the following:
(A) A feeding device that has been permanently altered so that it cannot accommodate more than 10 rounds.

Ok..So I get the modification part. Thats great. Simple bend here, bend there.Voila! But Simply taking one apart and selling it as a "rebuild kit"..Has anyone seen nor heard and actual educated guess as to Law Enforcements opinion on this?
What happens if you sell a high cap to someone as a rebuild kit.They get caught with it and pass the buck off to you..I dont see "well i took it apart and offered it as a rebuild kit" providing much of a defense in court. Nor does it state anywhere in the PC about rebuild kits..If I buy a rebuild kit, say my magazine body gets damaged..I "assemble" this rebuild kit and the new bodys date-stamped 10/07. Handcuffs for me! I was in possession of a high capacity magazine, rebuild kit or not. Anyone have any EDUCATED thoughts ,opinions or past experiences with this theory?
Somewhere the is a letter from Alison..... probably seen in one of the threads listed in the above link.
all the best,
Mike

JeffM
10-15-2009, 12:06 AM
As stated in PC12020..

You should really do some reading before jumping to conclusions.

No PC against large capacity magazine possession for starters.

Much much more that has been hashed out ad nauseum here.

SJgunguy24
10-15-2009, 12:11 AM
As stated in PC12020..

I think the key words here are "law enforcments opinion".
I don't care what their opinion is. Their opinion is exactly that, and it means NOTHING.
They can take their opinion and shove it. I'm not a LEO basher at all, but their job is LAW ENFORCMENT, not law opinionating.
Let's say a cop says you shouldn't smoke and tells you to put out your cigarette.
What do you do? Tell him to go to hell or comply? Me, i'll tell him what I think of his opinion. I have before and i'll do it again.
No i'm not a keyboard commando, I have done exactly this and i'll do it everytime I feel my rights are being trampled by somebodys opinion.

Swatguy10_15
10-15-2009, 12:42 AM
Somewhere the is a letter from Alison..... probably seen in one of the threads listed in the above link.
all the best,
Mike

Found it! Thanks a bunch mike! That answers alot:D

Swatguy10_15
10-15-2009, 12:48 AM
I think the key words here are "law enforcments opinion".
I don't care what their opinion is. Their opinion is exactly that, and it means NOTHING.
They can take their opinion and shove it. I'm not a LEO basher at all, but their job is LAW ENFORCMENT, not law opinionating.
Let's say a cop says you shouldn't smoke and tells you to put out your cigarette.
What do you do? Tell him to go to hell or comply? Me, i'll tell him what I think of his opinion. I have before and i'll do it again.
No i'm not a keyboard commando, I have done exactly this and i'll do it everytime I feel my rights are being trampled by somebodys opinion.

Umm..Thats umm.Great and all...But if theyre opinion is where they can "reasonably conclude that a crime was being committed" i.e. the possession,therefore the importation of hi cap mags..You get arrested and the D.A. figures out whether or not theyre "opinon mattered"..Dont agree with it but thats the way it goes..SO much for democracy right? The bangers dont care what the law says..:rolleyes:

Swatguy10_15
10-15-2009, 12:53 AM
You should really do some reading before jumping to conclusions.

No PC against large capacity magazine possession for starters.

Much much more that has been hashed out ad nauseum here.

OH!BURRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!! YOU GOT ME! WOW! Ad nauseum eh? Did you have to look that up? I mean youre right! My simply asking a theoretical question is nauseating and/or disgusting! HOW DARE I!!! My public apology to all calgunners! I am SOO sorry for asking a question! Although noting that simply because there is no pc section stating its illegal to possess...If you cant prove you legally possessed them before the ban(s) where does the burden of proof lie? With them to prove you didnt, or for you to prove you did? I know now Ive confused you.Sorry about that! Keep up the stalking! its cute! I love knowing I have a fan out there! :D

SJgunguy24
10-15-2009, 12:56 AM
Umm..Thats umm.Great and all...But if theyre opinion is where they can "reasonably conclude that a crime was being committed" i.e. the possession,therefore the importation of hi cap mags..You get arrested and the D.A. figures out whether or not theyre "opinon mattered"..Dont agree with it but thats the way it goes..SO much for democracy right? The bangers dont care what the law says..:rolleyes:

Possession and importation are two completly different things. One is legal and the other is not.
I had a LEO ask me once if I had a reciept for my mags....um...do you carry a reciept for something you bought 10 years ago with cash?

Crickets......

They are paid to enforce the laws on the books not to give their opinion.

Kinda the same way a LEO says any AR 15 is illegal, but his oll has a pistol grip and a standard mag button.
"I'm a cop and your a civilian."

Yeah, LEO's are civilians too, well unless they are military of course.

Swatguy10_15
10-15-2009, 12:57 AM
:beatingadeadhorse:

try this link (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/search.php?searchid=5988609)

Now now,its not beating a dead horse..That poor horse has already been beaten while dead about 8 times...my bad! HA!
As to youre question..Hmmm..I would say it would depend upon the manner in which it was utilized..If it was being used as a .50 mag then good to go..But if holding 30 rounds of 5.56 I imagine it may cause the day to go sour if the right LEO came along..:) Good stuff! Youd think that after seeing no improvement from the brady bill this state would sunset this garbage too..oh wait this is commiefornia,where th capitol isnt REALLY in sacramento. Its in the peoples republic of berkely :rolleyes:

ENTHUSIAST
10-15-2009, 1:02 AM
Burden of proof is on them NOT you.

My advice NEVER talk to LE about anything other than NOTHING.

This is one of the questions that people ask all the time and get all worked up about just relax and make sure you ONLY use your LAWFULLY POSSSED PRE-BAN HI-CAP MAGS in FEATURELESS guns (or Reg'd AWs if you have them) and you can rest easy at night.

Hope this helps,
-ENTHUSIAST

OH!BURRRRRNNNNNNN!!!!! YOU GOT ME! WOW! Ad nauseum eh? Did you have to look that up? I mean youre right! My simply asking a theoretical question is nauseating and/or disgusting! HOW DARE I!!! My public apology to all calgunners! I am SOO sorry for asking a question! Although noting that simply because there is no pc section stating its illegal to possess...If you cant prove you legally possessed them before the ban(s) where does the burden of proof lie? With them to prove you didnt, or for you to prove you did? I know now Ive confused you.Sorry about that! Keep up the stalking! its cute! I love knowing I have a fan out there! :D

Bolded: Laws are not written to tell you what you CAN do, but rather what you CANNOT do.

(I learned that from the collective genius of this website. This is not just my opinion guess what happens if the officer cannot find a PC violation? That is right... then it is NOT a crime.)^^^

ivanimal
10-15-2009, 1:16 AM
Closed this has been done and overdone here. Note to OP you better learn to get along or you will not be here long.