PDA

View Full Version : AB962 & stolen cars!

Spirit 1
10-14-2009, 10:11 PM
Wait, wait, I've got it, a sensible & logical way to entirely prevent stolen cars! Can't believe nobody ever thought of it before? AB962 makes it all so obvious:

We'll pass a LAW requiring everyone to have a legal 'driving license', have their picture on the license, and require they give fingerprints to be licensed!

They will also be required to have INSURANCE on whatever car they drive, and must follow & OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS and NEVER DRINK & DRIVE!

We can even require them BY LAW to immediately surrender that Driver's License on demand to ANY Law Enforcement Officer for his inspection!!

Then we can have like little metal plaque things made up to attach to cars, big enough to see clearly from a distance, with a number & letter code on them to identify that exact car & who owns it to prove it is currently registered!

Then we will pass a law that it is ILLEGAL TO STEAL SOMEONE ELSE'S CAR!

There now, that sure will show those smarty pants car thieves just who is in charge here, by golly! We could even invent a whole new division of government solely dedicated to registration, licensing & enforcement, and require the taxpayers to pay for it.

Wow, just think of it: FINALLY, an END to car thefts!

If it wasn't for AB962 I never would have thought of it.....

Capt. Speirs
10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Sadly, this is true about any gun control law. It only affects the law abiding citizens.

HondaMasterTech
10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Criminals only do bad things because it's allowed. Murders stopped once they became illegal. Theft stopped once it became illegal. Why can't you people understand this simple logic?

dantodd
10-14-2009, 10:34 PM
Since we can't trust criminals to abide by anti-theft laws we need to outlaw all cars so there won't be any for the criminals to steal.

Ryan in SD
10-14-2009, 11:09 PM
Wait, wait, I've got it, a sensible & logical way to entirely prevent stolen cars! Can't believe nobody ever thought of it before? AB962 makes it all so obvious:

We'll pass a LAW requiring everyone to have a legal 'driving license', have their picture on the license, and require they give fingerprints to be licensed!

They will also be required to have INSURANCE on whatever car they drive, and must follow & OBEY ALL TRAFFIC LAWS and NEVER DRINK & DRIVE!

We can even require them BY LAW to immediately surrender that Driver's License on demand to ANY Law Enforcement Officer for his inspection!!

Then we can have like little metal plaque things made up to attach to cars, big enough to see clearly from a distance, with a number & letter code on them to identify that exact car & who owns it to prove it is currently registered!

There now, that sure will show those smarty pants car thieves just who is in charge here, by golly! We could even invent a whole new division of government solely dedicated to registration, licensing & enforcement, and require the taxpayers to pay for it.

LOL!!! How true.

California is so much safer now...

GammaRei
10-15-2009, 12:18 AM
Since we can't trust criminals to abide by anti-theft laws we need to outlaw all cars so there won't be any for the criminals to steal.

Whats sad is that I've heard some thing like that before!

- G

SickofSoCal
10-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Criminals only do bad things because it's allowed. Murders stopped once they became illegal. Theft stopped once it became illegal. Why can't you people understand this simple logic?

NICE.

dantodd
10-15-2009, 12:20 AM
Whats sad is that I've heard some thing like that before!

- G

the worst part is that people who think like that not only vote but get elected

Bruce
10-15-2009, 12:26 AM
I was thinking of writing my representatives to do something about arson by requiring gas stations to keep the gasoline locked away from areas easily accessable to the public. Purchasers would have to provide a valid driver's license, a thumb print and sign for the gasoline. Only gas station employees could dispense the gasoline into the vehicle to prevent an arsonist from putting it into a portable container. Of course the gas lawnmower would have to be replaced with either an electric or a push mower. (This would be the "green" angle for the liberals) Whatcha think? ;)

10-54
10-15-2009, 12:49 AM
:King:

DCF
10-15-2009, 1:04 AM
Actually, if murder and theft are legal, then we won't have crimes and criminals, because those people would be doing something that are legal. It's wrong but it's not illegal. This is how we should stop crimes in CA, to have less laws and less regulations so crime rates would go down. See how I just solved the prison overpopulation problem in CA.

k1dude
10-15-2009, 1:17 AM
Bravo Spirit 1!!! Your post would be hilarious if it weren't so close to the truth.

fourdoorchevelle
10-15-2009, 4:11 AM
Actually, if murder and theft are legal, then we won't have crimes and criminals, because those people would be doing something that are legal. It's wrong but it's not illegal. This is how we should stop crimes in CA, to have less laws and less regulations so crime rates would go down. See how I just solved the prison overpopulation problem in CA.

If we where to reach this state, than the actual murders and thefts and so on would only be committed by those wishing to die, because at this rate the fire arms laws would have followed suit. thus people would be able to defend themselves......

armandolo
10-15-2009, 4:39 AM
You guys miss a point. I'm completely convinced that majority of gun control laws that are introduced have nothing to do with reason or public safety.

Our anti gun politicians cleverly disguise anti gun bills as public safety measure with a sole intent of eliminating gun ownership. They can't just say 'lets ban all the guns'. That's a way more difficult of a fight, but in 50 years when there is no ammo, no semis and no EBRs and a list of laws which makes nearly impossible go get what you want, then it maybe way easier. So do not try to reason as to why the bill won't do anything for public safety: That's not the intent.

We need to fight all those bills to protect our second amendment.

bodger
10-15-2009, 6:34 AM
You guys miss a point. I'm completely convinced that majority of gun control laws that are introduced have nothing to do with reason or public safety.

Our anti gun politicians cleverly disguise anti gun bills as public safety measure with a sole intent of eliminating gun ownership. They can't just say 'lets ban all the guns'. That's a way more difficult of a fight, but in 50 years when there is no ammo, no semis and no EBRs and a list of laws which makes nearly impossible go get what you want, then it maybe way easier. So do not try to reason as to why the bill won't do anything for public safety: That's not the intent.

We need to fight all those bills to protect our second amendment.

Exactly. And Arnie is coming to my city today to stand up with a police chief who doesn't believe in civilian gun ownership and would take all of our guns tomorrow if he could.

Both of those numbnuts are going to stick their snouts as far into that PR trough as they can. What a ridiculous publicity stunt to have a little signing ceremony.

Wanna bet Villaragoisa and DeLeon are right there with him?

JagerTroop
10-15-2009, 8:43 AM
If we where to reach this state, than the actual murders and thefts and so on would only be committed by those wishing to die...

True, because if you choose to murder and/or steal, you'd be shot dead on the spot :D

...because at this rate the fire arms laws would have followed suit. thus people would be able to defend themselves......

Wrong. Regardless of how legal murder/rape/robbery would be, California would still be anti gun. Don't kid yourself :mad:

DCF
10-15-2009, 8:55 AM
Regardless of how legal murder/rape/robbery would be, California would still be anti gun. Don't kid yourself :mad:

Unfortunately, you are right. Eventually the only criminals are evil gun collectors/gun enthusiasts/sports shooters.

JagerTroop
10-15-2009, 10:36 AM
As I enjoyed you tongue in cheek post, I think I have a REAL solution to cracking down on unlicensed drivers...

Make ID checks and fingerprinting mandatory for auto parts purchases. If you're buying auto parts, you must have a car. If you're fixing it, you must be planning on driving it... so a valid ID and thumbprint would help to keep unlicensed drivers out of action, or be caught in the process.

Capt. Speirs
10-15-2009, 10:46 AM
First they take the guns, then your freedom of speech, everything after that is a dictatorship, this has already repeated itself in history many times.

Capt. Speirs
10-15-2009, 10:50 AM
As I enjoyed you tongue in cheek post, I think I have a REAL solution to cracking down on unlicensed drivers...

Make ID checks and fingerprinting mandatory for auto parts purchases. If you're buying auto parts, you must have a car. If you're fixing it, you must be planning on driving it... so a valid ID and thumbprint would help to keep unlicensed drivers out of action, or be caught in the process.

There is a country where your driver's license is half the size of a license plate and you have to post it in your windshield while driving. This is the same country that does profiling of criminals and terrorists. This country also has a policy that you kill one of ours, we kill ten of yours. Guess which country it is yet?

snobord99
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM

I get what you're going for, but this line of reasoning actually works against us. Unless you're saying that we should stop requiring driver's licenses. If that's the case, then the reasoning works.

Barbarossa
10-15-2009, 11:59 AM
Remember driving is a privilege, not a right...