PDA

View Full Version : RifleGear.com website updated.

shark92651
10-14-2009, 9:59 PM
We have been working on an updated "skin" for the website and it is now complete enough to go live. Check it out and let us know what you think.

www.riflegear.com

It's not a radical change, but has an updated look and more improvements will be coming over time. One cool new feature is the "one page checkout" that lets you review or change your billing and shipping address, selecting shipping method, and enter credit card info all on a single page.

Tragic Image
10-15-2009, 4:19 PM
Lookin good. I like it better than the blue.

When did you add the Tacti-Cal Classes section to the site?

97F1504RAD
10-15-2009, 4:25 PM
Does the update on the site cause our Wish list to be emptied. It has happened to me twice now.

Jeffu
10-17-2009, 4:12 AM
very nice

Riflegear
10-17-2009, 9:59 AM
@Tragic_Image - the Tacti-CAL classes are a recent addition to the site (in the last few weeks). We will be offering signups for these classes directly on our website. The classes are all on a space available basis and you can find more details at www.tacti-cal.com.

@97F1504RAD - the update shouldn't have cleared your wishlist. The only reason we can think of is if you're using an anonymous cookie to build your wishlist on. The anonymous data is cleared periodically. Unless you're logged in to your customer account the wishlist data would not be saved.

@Jeffu - Thanks Jeff! Its still a work in progress.

If there's anything you see that we can improve on, please let us know. We want your web shopping experience to be the best it can be.

97F1504RAD
10-17-2009, 2:01 PM
I always sign in when adding things to the wish list. But it has now happened twice to me where i have signed din and my wish list is empty. Not sure why. Problem i is forgot all the things i had in it

Riflegear
10-17-2009, 3:08 PM
We'll try to figure it out. The update shouldn't have changed anything in our database though. Sorry about the inconvenience.

97F1504RAD
10-17-2009, 5:00 PM
By the way it happen the first time prior to the update. But when you posted about the update i went and signed in to check it and all was gone again.

And now I cannot even sign in.

shark92651
10-17-2009, 5:39 PM
Did you try the password reset? Send an email to info@riflegear.com with your name and we can look at your account and reset your password for you.

97F1504RAD
10-17-2009, 5:53 PM
I will try that now.

That does not work either. Email sent

shark92651
10-18-2009, 2:00 PM
I will try that now.

That does not work either. Email sent

Check your email - I reset your password and gave you some things to try on your end.

97F1504RAD
10-18-2009, 6:06 PM
Tried all that still nothing. I tried to add items to my cart just now to see if I could even do that and I am not even able to add any items at all to my cart.

shark92651
10-18-2009, 7:38 PM
I'm not sure what else you can try. What browser and version are you using? I test the website on IE 8, FireFox 3, Chrome 3, and Chrome 4 (dev build). Deleting all temp files and then rebooting usually solves any problems that have been reported.

smokingloon
10-19-2009, 12:15 AM
New site looks good.

Do you have an idea as to when you will get in new mid length gas tubes?

+1 to tacti-cal traning. Good guys.

BONECUTTER
10-19-2009, 5:13 AM
Do you have an idea as to when you will get in new mid length gas tubes?

Already in stock.

http://www.riflegear.com/p-440-gas-tube-mid-length.aspx

97F1504RAD
10-19-2009, 6:49 AM
IE7

I also am not sure what else I can do at this point. Looks like I will just have to phone in any future orders.

97F1504RAD
10-21-2009, 3:21 PM
Well not sure if you guys did something but I am now able to sign in and add items to my cart. The thing I noticed is that before when I was having issues the little box that popped up asking if I would like to show secure and non secure info. Well that no longer pops up so I suspect it was something you guys fixed on your end.

shark92651
10-21-2009, 8:19 PM
Well not sure if you guys did something but I am now able to sign in and add items to my cart. The thing I noticed is that before when I was having issues the little box that popped up asking if I would like to show secure and non secure info. Well that no longer pops up so I suspect it was something you guys fixed on your end.

That "secure/non-secure" warning is actually caused by the "Gunny" logo as they do not provide access to it from a secure connection (https:// instead of http://). I basically just moved it to a location where it would not get loaded once you have a secure connection on RifleGear and that keeps the warning your screen. I could be related, but I'm not sure. I'm glad your system is working now though :D Thanks for the update!

a1c
10-23-2009, 8:04 AM
Doesn't seem to work with Safari on Mac OS X. During checkout, the checkboxes for "OK to Email" and shipping options don't show up.

I had to use Firefox on my Mac, but I'd frankly rather use Safari, my default browser...