PDA

View Full Version : ABC 7 News Says AB962 takes effect tomorrow

Rusty Shackleford
10-14-2009, 5:25 PM
Just saw the teaser for the 11 o'clock news...and they said 962 takes effect tomorrow...lol.

My DVR is set.

bodger
10-14-2009, 5:40 PM
Oh man, that is too funny. And why tomorrow I wonder?

Maybe DeLeon thought that's how this works and told them that.

They just couldn't wait to spread FUD about this law. I wonder if that spooked any ammo dealers.

Legasat
10-14-2009, 5:47 PM
And why tomorrow I wonder?

To save the poor innocent children of course....;)

bodger
10-14-2009, 5:48 PM
To save the poor innocent children of course....;)

LOL! Imagine how many were in danger since Monday!
Oh, the humanity.

VegasND
10-14-2009, 5:49 PM
Could it be that media news employees are given an IQ test, and if they pass the media won't hire them?

jaymz
10-14-2009, 5:51 PM
Yeah, I saw that. Freakin' idiots.

Ducman
10-14-2009, 5:53 PM
Could it be that media news employees are given an IQ test, and if they pass the media won't hire them?
This, hit the nail on the head :D

Rusty Shackleford
10-14-2009, 5:55 PM
Yeah, I saw that. Freakin' idiots.

I had to do an instant replay to make sure I heard it correctly.

thempopresense
10-14-2009, 6:25 PM
tape it to show the mistake, then make a youtube video of there crappy reporting and reference the actual bill and date it goes into effect. Use it to discredit them some more! I know pointless, but someone might pay attention!

Lone_Gunman
10-14-2009, 6:35 PM
A phone call or email to the news room to point out their mistake before the story airs might be in order. More as a service to your fellow gunowners than anything else.

dantodd
10-14-2009, 6:44 PM
A phone call or email to the news room to point out their mistake before the story airs might be in order. More as a service to your fellow gunowners than anything else.

Yeah, I'm sure they're very concerned about being accurate.

ojisan
10-14-2009, 6:46 PM
LAX Airline Spokesman: Yes, that Airbus 380 has a possible problem with its landing gear. We are having it circle off shore to burn up all the extra fuel on board so we reduce the fire hazard when it lands. The Airbus 380 does not have external wing mounted drain valves to dump the extra fuel like American jets do, so they just have to fly around to burn it all off. It will take about 4 to 5 hours to burn off the extra fuel they have on board.

Reporter: How long will that take?

True story.
:rolleyes:

Synergy
10-14-2009, 7:05 PM
LAX Airline Spokesman: Yes, that Airbus 380 has a possible problem with its landing gear. We are having it circle off shore to burn up all the extra fuel on board so we reduce the fire hazard when it lands. The Airbus 380 does not have external wing mounted drain valves to dump the extra fuel like American jets do, so they just have to fly around to burn it all off. It will take about 4 to 5 hours to burn off the extra fuel they have on board.

Reporter: How long will that take?

True story.
:rolleyes:

A fire chief on a large fire being interviewed by a reporter: Sir, do you have any idea what started the fire?

Fire Chief - Yes, it was overheated combustibles.

Reporter was so confused he walked away.

advocatusdiaboli
10-14-2009, 7:22 PM
Television news is all about appearance--it is looks that matter--which is why most of the females are young and get the boot when they reach middle age. The producers don't want them thinking too much, they want them young and stupid so they'll do what they are told. It works the same whether at a liberal SF station or at Fox. the only liberal reporters with any brains are comedians not really reporters--Jon Stewart at the Daily Show and Stephen Colbert. Bill O'Reilly is as dumb as a box of nails--he covers it up by just getting bellicose every time. Same with Rush. I miss William Safire and William F. Buckley--conservatives with brains. All that is left of the right media any more is shouting and naming calling. Sad in my view.

Hunt
10-14-2009, 7:34 PM
Oh man, that is too funny. And why tomorrow I wonder?

Maybe DeLeon thought that's how this works and told them that.

They just couldn't wait to spread FUD about this law. I wonder if that spooked any ammo dealers.

the media is a propoganda arm for the left, I hope you guys will be in the streets Oct 17 google "operation can you hear us now"

tazmanian devil dog
10-14-2009, 7:47 PM
Idiots!

problemchild
10-14-2009, 7:52 PM
Well the media got one thing right. It will mean a shortage of ammo for those bolt action machine-guns everyone is buying.

rolo
10-14-2009, 8:02 PM
I miss William Safire and William F. Buckley--conservatives with brains. All that is left of the right media any more is shouting and naming calling. Sad in my view.

It's a hell of a shame Buckley's son didn't fall a little closer to the tree, with his wit he would be the voice of Conservatives in the media today.

trashman
10-14-2009, 8:52 PM
Bill O'Reilly is as dumb as a box of nails--he covers it up by just getting bellicose every time. Same with Rush. I miss William Safire and William F. Buckley--conservatives with brains.

QFT. I also miss Bill Buckley and William Safire.

--Neill

ZRX61
10-14-2009, 10:06 PM
They "spoke with supporters from both sides of the new ammo law"

The *pro* guy was a frigging tourist from the UK FFS! Thats the best they could do?

& they also said the new law takes effect in 2010...

That blithering touron idiot from the UK was "all for making it harder to get ammo... or make it realy expensive"

GammaRei
10-14-2009, 10:07 PM
From the UK, I'm sure that all the other people they found did not know anything about it, or they just hopped out of their office near the Ferry Bldg and asked random people.

- G

ZRX61
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
The touron was at some gun shop renting a pistol to shoot...

Rusty Shackleford
10-14-2009, 10:09 PM
They amended the story to say that the public signing of the bill takes place tomorrow, not that the bill takes effect tomorrow.

bodger
10-14-2009, 10:19 PM
Arnie is signing the new law tomorrow at LAPD headquarters? Did I just hear that correctly?

I was somewhat getting over my anger, now I'm even more pissed!!

Bratton spewing his anti gun (for civilians) crap, some Brit tourist talking about ammo laws being a good thing, DELEON's nancyboy face that needs a pie thrown in it....

What a friggin' horror show!

Anybody want to UOC down at LAPD with me tomorrow?

Just kidding. I might go down an give Arnie the finger though. Wanna bet DeLeon is there with him sucking up all that rich anti gun gravy?

That news reporter put a couple of rounds downrange. Could he be a gunny?

FJ4X420
10-14-2009, 10:21 PM
Could not ban all our guns, so now they are taking the ammo away instead:mad:

jdberger
10-14-2009, 10:22 PM
Maybe carry a couple of signs:

"It's easy to deny people the rights to self defense when you're surrounded by cops...with guns"

bodger
10-14-2009, 10:23 PM
I just saw the report. What a crock. Now we have to know that there is a public signing??

Arnie is complete putz. Shamelessly pissing on the constitution and milking it for all it's worth to further his career. He knows anti gun sells big time.

He should go back to The Fatherland.

HondaMasterTech
10-14-2009, 10:24 PM
It's a good thing I like to throw up on myself. Because that segment made me sick.

bodger
10-14-2009, 10:25 PM
Maybe carry a couple of signs:

"It's easy to deny people the rights to self defense when you're surrounded by cops...with guns"

I like it!

Probably get arrested for having the word GUNS on a sign within 1000 feet of Chief Bratton.

Citizen Snips
10-14-2009, 10:35 PM
The Brit had to be a plant. I wonder if there are any orders to reporters doing stories on firearm regulations to avoid talking to anyone wearing a CalGuns t-shirt. Any one of the members would have owned that story.

And you don't want to know what I think of Arnie going for a photo op tomorrow.

bodger
10-14-2009, 10:38 PM
The Brit had to be a plant. I wonder if there are any orders to reporters doing stories on firearm regulations to avoid talking to anyone wearing a CalGuns t-shirt. Any one of the members would have owned that story.

And you don't want to know what I think of Arnie going for a photo op tomorrow.

Yeah, the photo op is adding insult to injury. Salt in the wound.

Can't wait to see what other flies decide to swarm that steaming pile of sheeit.

Scratch705
10-14-2009, 10:40 PM
would be great if a giant frozen ball of poop from space decided to land on that public signing event. since that is what most of the people who will attend will be consisted of.

JerryM
10-14-2009, 10:53 PM
The Brit was not a plant, because the guy against it was me.

I was not going to give an interview because I felt I was not as articulate as I could be, and I might further the stereotype of the gun nut, but when I heard the British guy saying what he said, I had to say something to rectify it.

The interview was at the Los Angeles Gun Club in Little Tokyo.

The interviewer (or the copy editor) also removed my comments about how these "Feel good laws" do nothing when it comes to fighting crime and irestricts law abiding citizens.

Also, see how the British guy gets like 10 seconds of air time, while I only got 5 tops.

(^_^)

joemama
10-14-2009, 10:57 PM
would be great if a giant frozen ball of poop from space decided to land on that public signing event. since that is what most of the people who will attend will be consisted of.

wouldnt that just make more poop to deal with?:eek:

Scratch705
10-14-2009, 10:59 PM
naw, cause of the force of impact, it should vaporize all the poop.

hoffmang
10-14-2009, 11:12 PM
Arnold is doing this to try to get De Leon to support a water compromise. That water bill is politically impossible and will not happen.

Not only is he doing something dumb, he's not even going to get what he thinks he wants...

-Gene

Citizen Snips
10-14-2009, 11:12 PM
@JerryM, thanks for being considerate and for the effort, this means their editing crew prevaricates as much as ever through snipping and cutting. There is no winning against that when they have control over what is shown. To be fair, they should have mentioned how crime is up in the UK.

hoffmang
10-14-2009, 11:33 PM
Link to the video: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7065619

-Gene

JerryM
10-14-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks Gene,

Wow, the camera does add 100 lbs LOL.

elSquid
10-15-2009, 12:02 AM
Link to the video: http://abclocal.go.com/kabc/video?id=7065619

"If it saves just one life..." Ugh.

How come that never works for us? "Shall issue CCW: if it saves just one life..."

Anyways, good job Jerry. It seemed obvious that they just cut you off when you were getting to the good part.

-- Michael

dantodd
10-15-2009, 1:32 AM
Arnold is doing this to try to get De Leon to support a water compromise. That water bill is politically impossible and will not happen.

I was so pissed when I heard Mayor Villaraigosa saying that LA has been doing all the conserving and now it's time for the Central Valley to start conserving.... What kind of idiot thinks this way?

Can someone please ask the tomatoes, lettuce and cotton to drink less water?

mmartin
10-15-2009, 1:45 AM
"If it saves just one life..." Ugh.

How come that never works for us? "Shall issue CCW: if it saves just one life..."

'cause we're not workin' it...
that line, delivered with tears brimming and forehead furrowed, especially if there are women clutching young children in the frame... you know it could work.

megan

minuteman
10-15-2009, 1:56 AM
Right on Jerry, even if the news doesn't report the whole story we still have it from you thanks to this forum!

jwest
10-15-2009, 2:56 AM
Maybe they are expecting Tea Parties today?

Sobriquet
10-15-2009, 4:41 AM
I don't find this thread funny in the slightest. All we need is out-of-state vendors getting the idea that AB962 is already in effect and stopping shipments today. Good luck trying to convince them over the phone it's not true.

We should be correcting this assertion whenever it is made. It's dangerous.

ZRX61
10-15-2009, 5:35 AM
The Brit was not a plant, because the guy against it was me.

Being a Brit it was a good thing you were there instead of me, I'd have probably punched that touron from the UK in the neck ;)

tenpercentfirearms
10-15-2009, 6:08 AM
I wonder if a gun shop owner with a well stocked ammo supply helped run that error?

Scratch705
10-15-2009, 6:19 AM
I was so pissed when I heard Mayor Villaraigosa saying that LA has been doing all the conserving and now it's time for the Central Valley to start conserving.... What kind of idiot thinks this way?

Can someone please ask the tomatoes, lettuce and cotton to drink less water?

btw, heard from my friend who's dad works for the dept of water/power and he says that there is no water shortage. they only enacted this current propaganda to scare people and to have an excuse to hike up the rates on users who "use too much". they only started this b/c of the current economy and the DWP is hurting for money.

not sure how accurate the info is, but if there is even a slight chance its true... :mad::mad: need to start asking those who work for DWP to see if shortage is real?

bodger
10-15-2009, 6:26 AM
Thanks Gene,

Wow, the camera does add 100 lbs LOL.

Good job, Jerry. I'm glad you kept a level head and handled yourself well.
Of course, they clipped your best and most relevant comments.

If they had encountered me for such an interview, ALL of what I would have said would have not been fit for broadcast. :43:

Greg-Dawg
10-15-2009, 7:00 AM
I blame the LA Gun Club for allowing news media roaches into their facility knowing of their twisted coverage.

Ugh.

LAPD Headquarters here I come with my camera and signs.

150 N. Los Angeles St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012

See you guys there.

bodger
10-15-2009, 8:26 AM
I blame the LA Gun Club for allowing news media roaches into their facility knowing of their twisted coverage.

Ugh.

LAPD Headquarters here I come with my camera and signs.

150 N. Los Angeles St.
Los Angeles, CA 90012

See you guys there.

Greg
Any idea what time this abomination is going to occur?

And yeah, LA Gun Club didn't do us any favors letting those blow-holes in there. Anti-gun coverage was predictable.

bodger
10-15-2009, 8:36 AM
"You can walk into any gun store in Los Angeles, throughout the state, and buy all the ammunition you want," said state Assemblyman Kevin de Leon, (D-Los Angeles). "We have no checks, we have no regulations on criminals purchasing handgun ammunition."

Doesn't this idiot know that Los Angeles has already implemented a law that requires a fingerprint and ID for ammunition purchases within the city limits?

"Throughout the state", with the exception of the communist enclaves that have already trampled our rights.

Warhawk014
10-15-2009, 8:54 AM
i just lost my breakfast

mmartin
10-15-2009, 9:18 AM
"You can walk into any gun store in Los Angeles, throughout the state, and buy all the ammunition you want," said state Assemblyman Kevin de Leon, (D-Los Angeles). "We have no checks, we have no regulations on criminals purchasing handgun ammunition."

Doesn't this idiot know that Los Angeles has already implemented a law that requires a fingerprint and ID for ammunition purchases within the city limits?

he knows. it's just more frightening to folks if he lies.
megan

xxdabroxx
10-15-2009, 10:27 AM
there is no "a" in tomorrow. Might want to revise the thread title.

lawaia
10-15-2009, 11:01 AM
I can't find any info on it now, but this morning ABC 7 reported poll results on AB962. These are rough numbers, but something like 45% of people did not want this bill passed, 27% did not think this bill was the right way to accomplish keeping ammo out of criminals' hands, and only 28% agreed with the bill.

Interesting. A big thanks to our public officials for listening to the people!:mad:

Rusty Shackleford
10-15-2009, 11:08 AM
there is no "a" in tomorrow. Might want to revise the thread title.

Done....don't blame me blame the California public schools for the great education.

1BigPea
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM
Ugh...

That was hard to watch, I couldn't make it past that slime DeLeon.

ZRX61
10-15-2009, 3:36 PM
btw, heard from my friend who's dad works for the dept of water/power and he says that there is no water shortage. they only enacted this current propaganda to scare people and to have an excuse to hike up the rates on users who "use too much". they only started this b/c of the current economy and the DWP is hurting for money.

not sure how accurate the info is, but if there is even a slight chance its true... :mad::mad: need to start asking those who work for DWP to see if shortage is real?
Perhaps you coukld ask him where they are storing all this water? the rezzies & lakes are VERY low so they sure aren't using those to store water. Maybe they are hiding it underground?

jdberger
10-15-2009, 3:38 PM
Perhaps you coukld ask him where they are storing all this water? the rezzies & lakes are VERY low so they sure aren't using those to store water. Maybe they are hiding it underground?

FEMA camps.

And what do you think all those space flights have been doing lately?

Duh....

curtisfong
10-15-2009, 4:18 PM
This is where NRA/CRPA needs presence. Media should know to call them to help fact check. Despite the common meme that journalists are biased, many (not all, possibly a minority) do believe in fact checking and getting "both" sides of the story.

Instead of throwing up your hands and just declaring the media "communists", we should be actively trying to find ethical journalists willing to listen to all sides, so that scum like DeLeon and Baca do not get a free pass every time they comment on gun control.

BroncoBob
10-15-2009, 4:18 PM
Media Morons

huck
10-15-2009, 6:53 PM
How is the guy visiting from England's opinion relevant to this? Why do we give a ***** what he thinks? He's the only person they could scrounge up to be in favor of the law. That is SO pathetic.

...and thanks for the link, Gene.

bodger
10-15-2009, 7:20 PM
How is the guy visiting from England's opinion relevant to this? Why do we give a ***** what he thinks? He's the only person they could scrounge up to be in favor of the law. That is SO pathetic.

...and thanks for the link, Gene.

They were probably just trolling until they got a guy to say he thought it was a good law and would deter crime.

And to go even further, maybe they considered this guy a perfect specimen because he comes from a country that has all but outlawed firearms.

Sumbliminally planting the idea that we should head that same direction.

Who knows, I'd like to know how many people they interviewed and what the poll results would be.

I wonder what KABC would have done if Arnie had vetoed this thing.

mmartin
10-16-2009, 8:02 AM
interesting media note, I listen to KFI when I'm driving (bid SoCal radio station) and they're using this law with sound bites as one of the news teasers, different sound bite each time, and...
1) all are from people who oppose it
2) all sound like normal rational people
3) all give good and different reasons why this law is bad.
in the news itself, they also give arnie his airtime on why it prevents crime. however, the interview time is all going to us and they aren't picking nutjobs to quote.
hmm.
megan