View Full Version : Who can help me with an EDM 80 percent receiver?

10-14-2009, 4:03 PM
A good friend of mine had a good friend that inherited an EDM Arms 80% receiver. As the only gun guy he knows I was asked to review the piece and let him know what it was and if it was worth anything. Apparently the original owner is in no condition to use or sell it and could use the money.

I looked on EDM's website http://www.edmarms.com/ and it looks to be for their model 96 takedown.

Here is a picture from my iphone of the receiver. Sorry I did not have my camera, those familiar with my photo skills will know it makes no real difference anyway.

Here is a picture from their website of it taken down.

Anybody able to help me help them? I would like to know what to tell them.

10-14-2009, 4:04 PM
Mathews.... ;)

10-14-2009, 4:07 PM
interesting, I was unaware that EDM offered any 80% options.

10-14-2009, 4:40 PM
What needs to be done to it to make it 100%? I'm assuming the receiver is steel.. that means it might need heat treating.. that gets kinda dicey for a do-it-your-selfer

10-14-2009, 5:20 PM
He needs to send it to Bill Ritchie at EDM Arms to make it 100%. As far as I know, Bill normally doesn't sell 80% receivers. He'll build them with a down payment, but the complete rifle needs to be built for delivery eventually. The receiver alone can't be worth a whole lot because it would be far from trivial to build a rifle around it without going to EDM.

He should call Bill and get advice on how to proceed.

10-14-2009, 10:17 PM
Thank you all for the advice I will call EDM in the AM