PDA

View Full Version : Hadar II

s281c
04-29-2005, 8:07 AM
yesterday I was digging through one of my guns safes, just doing the bi-annual check to see if they're doing ok..........I came across my Hadar II in the back of the safe, forgot completely about it. So it's going to hit the bench for a good clean and oil, then maybe a trip to the range to check it out.

Anbody know what this might be worth? It's in good to excellent condition.

s281c
04-29-2005, 8:07 AM
yesterday I was digging through one of my guns safes, just doing the bi-annual check to see if they're doing ok..........I came across my Hadar II in the back of the safe, forgot completely about it. So it's going to hit the bench for a good clean and oil, then maybe a trip to the range to check it out.

Anbody know what this might be worth? It's in good to excellent condition.

bwiese
04-29-2005, 8:27 AM
Um, I believe the Galil Hadar would be a CA assault weapon, requiring registration. It's a 'by name' weapon so whether or not any evil features are on it, all Galils and Uzis are banned - entry #2 in PC 12276(a).

If you haven't registered it by 12/31/2000, you can't, and you need to get it out of state ASAP or chop it into little bits. You can surrender it without charges by making arrangements w/a sheriff's offfice. If they catch you with this rifle, you could well be charged as a felony.

Registered or not, you can't sell this in CA except thru CA FFLs also holding a CA Assault Weapons Permit. You can't ship it to out of state FFL without using one of these guys either. If you're unreg'd and try to run it thru these guys, you'll just get in trouble.

You CAN, however, carefully transport it out of state and sell it thru an FFL outside CA. Risky, but when you drive, have a good haircut, clean newer car, and make sure all the taillights work, etc.

After all is said & done, you might get $750ish for this on a good day...

Bill Wiese
San Jose

s281c
04-29-2005, 9:37 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bwiese:
Um, I believe the Galil Hadar would be a CA assault weapon, requiring registration. It's a 'by name' weapon so whether or not any evil features are on it, all Galils and Uzis are banned - entry #2 in PC 12276(a).

If you haven't registered it by 12/31/2000, you can't, and you need to get it out of state ASAP or chop it into little bits. You can surrender it without charges by making arrangements w/a sheriff's offfice. If they catch you with this rifle, you could well be charged as a felony.

Registered or not, you can't sell this in CA except thru CA FFLs also holding a CA Assault Weapons Permit. You can't ship it to out of state FFL without using one of these guys either. If you're unreg'd and try to run it thru these guys, you'll just get in trouble.

You CAN, however, carefully transport it out of state and sell it thru an FFL outside CA. Risky, but when you drive, have a good haircut, clean newer car, and make sure all the taillights work, etc.

After all is said & done, you might get $750ish for this on a good day...

Bill Wiese
San Jose </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually it's not specifically named, the list does not include the Hadar II, and there are no Galil markings on it just IMI and Hadar II with the caliber and serial number. But it would be covered under 12276.1 (1)(b).

I went through a lot of trouble to get it registered and legal......everyone who I talked to either did not know what it was or told me I didn't have to.

FYI.......just was looking for a value for insurance purposes

bwiese
04-29-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi S281C...

No worries!

I just worry when someone here I haven't seen before posts something about an AW - don't want him to be an accidental felon http://calguns.net/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Sorry, I guess it's not a Galil and thus not banned by name - just evil feature(s).

I still think $750 is a price you'd get given parts are kinda hard to find - and I think mags are, too. Also, I've heard that some Izzy 308 guns can suffer from cracking in receivers - dunno if this affects Hadar II or not.

Otherwise valuation higher - though you might find someone out of state really hot & bothered to get an Hadar.

A dealer might charge $1K though so you might be able to value it at $1K for insurance purposes.

Check GunBroker and AuctionArms, see what winning bids and/or reserves & min bids are for guidance...

I was thinking about one of these but got an HK91A3 instead.

Bill Wiese
San Jose

s281c
04-29-2005, 4:21 PM
Hey Bill

No worries, it's good of you to look out for people.

I'm just new here, not new to guns.........LOL