PDA

View Full Version : MickeyM1212 <-----Please read.

technique
10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
You were legal...

Since your lower IS an OLL! RRA is banned by configuration, meaning...if you had a RRA upper you could be at risk with that lower. LAR-15 is an OLL.
RRA lower+RRA upper= possible problems.

Since you had a Saber upper on that RRA lower you are perfectly legal. Your BB is legal...And you may use a tool to drop your mag.

I am new to this and kind of confused with all the off list lower's, etc. Let me explain what I have and please let me know if mine is technically illegal or not. I have been reading and I know that no matter what, it is an AR15 and some believe that it is illegal. I also read somewhere that now even the bullet button is not considered a fixed magazine if it is not welded shut. Anyways, here it is.

I bought a Rock River Arms stripped lower receiver which does say RRA LAR-15 on it. I assembled it with a Rock River Arms lower receiver parts kit with the Rock River Arms adjustable Stock. So technically my whole lower receiver is all Rock River Arms.

My upper is a complete Sabre Defense Carbine 14.5" with the flash suppressor/muzzle break welded to the end of the barrel which makes it a legal 16 inches. I bought the upper complete.

The part that I am confused is that my Lower is on the list but I did not buy a complete AR15 rifle so I am not sure if mine is considered on the list or not. Please explain. Thank you very much.

I don't know why your post was deleted...you did nor said ANYTHING wrong!!!!!!! YOU ARE 100% LEGAL! you deserve to have your question answered

paintballergb
10-14-2009, 12:02 PM
You were legal...

Since your lower IS an OLL! RRA is banned by configuration, meaning...if you had a RRA upper you could be at risk with that lower RRA lower+RRA upper= possible problems.

Since you had a Saber upper on that RRA lower you are perfectly legal. Your BB is legal...And you may use a tool to drop your mag.

I don't know why your post was deleted...you did nor said ANYTHING wrong!!!!!!! YOU ARE 100% LEGAL! you deserve to have your question answered

I was wondering the same thing cuz I was about to post but then the thread was gone.

MickeyM1212
10-14-2009, 12:14 PM
You were legal...

Since your lower IS an OLL! RRA is banned by configuration, meaning...if you had a RRA upper you could be at risk with that lower. LAR-15 is an OLL.
RRA lower+RRA upper= possible problems.

Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know where my thread went? It just dissappeared... was I not supposed to write that?

technique
10-14-2009, 12:31 PM
Thank you very much for your reply. Do you know where my thread went? It just dissappeared... was I not supposed to write that?

I have no idea where it went.... But luckily I had it in an open window and was able to quote you. I believe it was deleted, and should not have been. It was wrongfully reported by someone who does not know legal from illegal or deleted by a mod for the same reason.

It was someone else's misinterpretation, you are not a fault.:)

Rock on with your bad *** legal AR!

You can read here http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=141885 for more of the RRA specifics.

Low-Pressure
10-14-2009, 2:51 PM
Rock on with your bad *** legal AR!

Technique: good thing you are there to help MickeyM1212 out.
gotta love this site for all the helpful members

CSACANNONEER
10-14-2009, 3:01 PM
He was actually the one who stated that his lower was listed. So, I know that I PMed him to delete his thread ASAP. I did not bother to look at the list. since he was positive it was a listed lower, I was concerned. Since, I can not look at the lower, I have to go by what I read. I'm sure the mods read it the same way I did.

technique
10-14-2009, 3:05 PM
He was actually the one who stated that his lower was listed. So, I know that I PMed him to delete his thread ASAP. I did not bother to look at the list. since he was positive it was a listed lower, I was concerned. Since, I can not look at the lower, I have to go by what I read. I'm sure the mods read it the same way I did.

He was unsure...and Rock River is listed by configuration not by lower type...

The LAR-15 is not listed as a banned lower but as a complete rifle configuration. He just needed clarification..I believe he knew he was legal but second guessed himself when someone he knew gave him bad info. It didn't help that the first post in his original post only reinforced that bad info.(it was not made by you CSA)

CSACANNONEER
10-14-2009, 3:12 PM
I think the problem was that he said that his lower was listed. He did not ask if it was listed. Instead, he said that he had a listed lower period. We all know that that's not a good thing to have unless it's a RAW.

PolishMike
10-14-2009, 3:13 PM
You guys realize this is all theories, right?

I wouldn't touch a RRA lower with a 10' pole. The cost/benefit is just not there. A RRA lower is no different then 99% of the others. The $125 you will spend on a new lower is MUCH less than fighting whether RRA's are listed by configuration or model, something a jury or DA wouldnt care/know about anyway.

technique
10-14-2009, 3:31 PM
You guys realize this is all theories, right?

I wouldn't touch a RRA lower with a 10' pole. The cost/benefit is just not there. A RRA lower is no different then 99% of the others. The $125 you will spend on a new lower is MUCH less than fighting whether RRA's are listed by configuration or model, something a jury or DA wouldnt care/know about anyway.

Theories? "the list" says this about RRA:

- Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A2
- Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A4 Flattop
- Rock River Arms, Inc. LE Tactical Carbine
- Rock River Arms, Inc. NM A2 - DCM Legal
- Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-2
- Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-4 Flattop

Though nowhere specifically does it state LAR-15s are banned all of the above in complete configuration come with that lower...

Plenty, hundreds, if not thousands of RRA are owned in Ca...no need for panic especially when not used in conjunction with a RRA upper. No one needs to worry about that nonsense...

Vtec44
10-14-2009, 5:20 PM
If I remember it correctly, Harrot vs County of Kings resulted that the ban list must specify the make and model. If that is true, then LAR-15's are of the same make but not model, so it isn't banned.

rumblebee
10-14-2009, 5:35 PM
lucky Dog!!!! :D;)

PolishMike
10-14-2009, 5:45 PM
Theories? "the list" says this about RRA:

- Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A2
- Rock River Arms, Inc. Car A4 Flattop
- Rock River Arms, Inc. LE Tactical Carbine
- Rock River Arms, Inc. NM A2 - DCM Legal
- Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-2
- Rock River Arms, Inc. Standard A-4 Flattop

Though nowhere specifically does it state LAR-15s are banned all of the above in complete configuration come with that lower...

Plenty, hundreds, if not thousands of RRA are owned in Ca...no need for panic especially when not used in conjunction with a RRA upper. No one needs to worry about that nonsense...

I think you may have mis-read my argument. I believe RRA lowers are good to go but I do not want to be the one to pay for this argument in court. I don't see why someone would want an RRA lower over another brand, especially with the potential risk involved.

SoCalRandy
10-14-2009, 6:00 PM
I don't see why someone would want an RRA lower over another brand, especially with the potential risk involved.

I completely agree with this.

technique
10-14-2009, 6:46 PM
I think you may have mis-read my argument. I believe RRA lowers are good to go but I do not want to be the one to pay for this argument in court. I don't see why someone would want an RRA lower over another brand, especially with the potential risk involved.

I understand, I wasn't trying to rag on you or anything..:)

The thing is, he already has one. To me, its no more or no less off list than any other... I own(ed) in Ca a Colt A3 HBAR ELITE, risk factor is different for different people. I just wanted the OP to know that he is legal and provide him with some resources that I linked above.