PDA

View Full Version : Just heard Rick Roberts do a radio commercial for OLL's on AM 760 for a SD gun shop

missiontrails
10-14-2009, 8:08 AM
Wow, just heard a commercial this morning for the El Cajon Gun Exchange, Rick Roberts was doing the commercial, and he was advertising stripped Kaiser lowers for $149 + $100 off any upper "incase you need to build it.". He also advertised Mini 14's for $699. This is the first time I have ever heard a RADIO commercial for assault style weapons.

lorax3
10-14-2009, 9:12 AM
El Cajon gun used to be notorious for telling OLL people they would be 'going to jail'. Only in the last few months have they started to carry black rifle items. Mostly lowers and AR parts, haven't seen any AK's or anything else.

Their customer service in there is horrible, there is a reason they have such a bad rep on CG.

missiontrails
10-14-2009, 9:25 AM
El Cajon gun used to be notorious for telling OLL people they would be 'going to jail'. Only in the last few months have they started to carry black rifle items. Mostly lowers and AR parts, haven't seen any AK's or anything else.

Their customer service in there is horrible, there is a reason they have such a bad rep on CG.

Ya, when I bought my Glocks earlier in the year, they were $100 per pistol more than ANYONE local. At that time they had a couple of $1895 AR's with welded magwells.

bwiese
10-14-2009, 10:22 AM

El Cajon Gun Exchange is run by Ron Godwin, and is associated with CAFR's Marc Halcon and ECGE staff have praised CAFR's lobbyist, Kathy Lynch. ECGE's Ron Godwin is CAFR secretary.

Here's where they bash NRA lobbyist Ed Worley about SB41:
http://www.ontargetradio.com/badvotes.htm - and they don't even understand why SB41 could have been of use. (Unfortunately Arnold signed 962 and vetoed SB41, but the bait was there just in case.)

Normally I'd just write this off to gunshops not being politically aware - and this is where Calguns replaces them in displacing FUD.

But since since San Diego Condo Lawyers (due to CAFR Kathy Lynch, etc.) have threatened to go after me, I don't care if they ever get biz again.

El Cajon Gun used to be notorious for telling OLL people they would be 'going to jail'.
Only in the last few months have they started to carry black rifle items. Mostly lowers and
AR parts...

Kinda funny, esp since I had a little part in helping generate that line of business ;)

lorax3
10-14-2009, 11:49 AM
Interesting Bwiese, I was not aware of the affiliation.

To the OP: IIRC Cold War Shooters also has a radio ad that airs in the LA area.

Untamed1972
10-14-2009, 12:17 PM

ditto that.....I've only bee in there a couple of times and both time that staff acted like total d!cks from word one.

talked to them once about doing an internet purchase trasnfer and the guy flat out told me "I will do it but I will screw you on the trasfer fee so you'll want to just buy from me instead."

Found someone else to handle the transfer, did my online purchase and save over $100 of what it would have cost me to buy his overpriced merchandise.

eaglemike
10-14-2009, 12:53 PM
ECGE is one of the worst shops in San Diego, if not the worst. Horrible attitude in several ways. Extremely slow if you can even get them to do a PPT. Knowing they have/had a relationship with Kathy Lynch makes it worse (to me, anyway). Can you tell they are waaaaay down on my list? :)

all the best,
Mike