PDA

View Full Version : Meg Whitman is FOR Gun Control - Proof Here

oaklander
10-13-2009, 10:35 PM
I did a little googling and came up with this. Make no mistake about it. We do not want this woman in office.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/13/BACU15SUDJ.DTL

Meg Whitman makes case on how she's different

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/13/BACU15SUDJ.DTL#ixzz0TtDrSw60

(02-12) 18:47 PST -- California gubernatorial candidate and former eBay CEO Meg Whitman, formally opening what may be the toughest bid of her long career, insisted she is offering a skill set and product that are very different from those of Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger and a parade of other wealthy political novices who have run for the state's highest office.
Images

In an interview with The Chronicle, Whitman, 52, blasted the deal to close the state's $42 billion budget gap, saying if she were a legislator in Sacramento, she would vote against the proposal - which includes $14.3 billion in new taxes, $15 billion in spending cuts and $11 billion in new borrowing.

She also took positions on social issues that could make her the target of opposition from the conservative GOP grassroots.

Whitman said she supports abortion rights - including public funding for abortions - and believes tough gun laws like assault weapon bans and handgun control are appropriate for California.

Asked if she would favor cutting benefits such as welfare or health care to illegal immigrants, Whitman said that although border enforcement is important she would not support such cuts, because "whether they're legal or illegal (immigrants), those benefits go to children ... and we have to protect the children."

Whitman intended to differentiate herself from Schwarzenegger and other political novices - including Northwest Airlines executive Al Checchi and GOP financier Bill Simon, both of whom unsuccessfully ran for governor as their debut in state politics.

"My background is very different from Gov. Schwarzenegger," with "quite a different set of skills," she said. As the chief executive at eBay - which has an estimated 246 million users, "I have run a very large organization, balanced a budget, prioritized projects, made trade-offs and fundamentally created jobs."

Regarding the budget deal, Whitman said in her experience, any normal business that has seen the kind of revenue decline experienced in California would cause her to support looking at "doubling the worker furloughs, (and) take a 10 percent reduction in force or salary reductions for constitutional officers," of which there are seven in California.

Asked to detail cuts - as governor she would have a line-item veto - Whitman said, "I can't be that specific on it."

Other issues Whitman addressed in the interview include:

-- Abortion rights: "I am pro-choice, and while I would like ... to bring down the number of abortions in America, I don't think we can take choice away from women and their partners and doctors." Whitman says she supports government funding for abortions, saying, "As long as abortion is legal, it has to be made available to women of all means."

-- Sarah Palin: Did she help or hurt Sen. John McCain's candidacy. "It was ultimately John McCain's decision, and I supported John McCain for president. He made the choice that was right for him at the time, and that's what I'll say about that."

-- Is she a feminist: "I am a big believer in equal rights for all people ... in a level playing field." But she said, "I'm not a big label person."

-- Parental abortion consent: "Girls under 16, parental consent should be required." She said she voted in favor of Proposition 4, which would have required notification. The initiative failed.

-- Guns: She said she supports Second Amendment rights, but that an assault weapon ban and handgun restrictions are "probably the right thing in California." She does not own a gun.

-- Selling California oil leases for revenue: ''That is an issue I would like to study further," she said, adding she would consider new technology that makes the drilling environmentally safer.

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/13/BACU15SUDJ.DTL#ixzz0TtCoGeDi

Hateca
10-13-2009, 10:38 PM
She ran Ebay what did you think she was going to say?

She's another liberal, see democrat, in Republican clothing, nothing more.

Werewolf1021
10-13-2009, 10:39 PM
I swear, I want to beat up the idiot Clinton intern who coined the term Assault Rifle for semi automatic military rifles. GRAH!:mad:

H Paul Payne
10-13-2009, 11:19 PM
I swear, I want to beat up the idiot Clinton intern who coined the term Assault Rifle for semi automatic military rifles. GRAH!:mad:

I believe it was Josh Sugarman who did that.

elSquid
10-13-2009, 11:24 PM
I believe it was Josh Sugarman who did that.

I'm not sure that's correct. I have a Guns&Ammo special edition from the early 80s entitled "Assault Rifles". Found a pic of it online:

http://www.internationalpolicesupply.net/DSC01109.JPG

-- Michael

bigstick61
10-13-2009, 11:27 PM
She will most definitely not get my vote, and the gun issue is not the only reason. Her statements basically laid out a case for why she should not get my support. In essence, she supports big government, will not take a tough stand on illegals, supports abortion being legal, and is anti-gun. You'd think she would be running in another primary.

freonr22
10-13-2009, 11:27 PM
Assault Rifles the new breed of sporting arms

oaklander
10-13-2009, 11:28 PM
I think the term we don't like is "assault weapon" - which means anything that politicians do not like.

An assault rifle is an accepted term for a SELECT FIRE rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge.

Semi-auto AKs, ARs, etc. are simply semi-automatic rifles, and nothing more.

freonr22
10-13-2009, 11:29 PM
She will most definitely not get my vote, and the gun issue is not the only reason. Her statements basically laid out a case for why she should not get my support. In essence, she supports big government, will not take a tough stand on illegals, supports abortion being legal, and is anti-gun. You'd think she would be running in another primary.
\

I agree with your points, on a kgo interview, she said " I want to cut and get rid of 40,000 state jobs" But Yes I will not vote for here either

Dr Rockso
10-13-2009, 11:30 PM
I'm not sure that's correct. I have a Guns&Ammo special edition from the early 80s entitled "Assault Rifles". Found a pic of it online:

http://www.internationalpolicesupply.net/DSC01109.JPG

-- Michael
Assault rifle is a defined technical term (select fire, intermediate cartridge, detachable box magazine). Assault weapon was coined as a clever way to mislead people into thinking that civilian AR-15s are assault rifles. Guns 'n Ammo was probably talking about the former.

Werewolf1021
10-13-2009, 11:31 PM
I think the term we don't like is "assault weapon" - which means anything that politicians do not like.

An assault rifle is an accepted term for a SELECT FIRE rifle that uses an intermediate cartridge.

Exactly. That I try to tell anti gun people but they always cry "Assault rifle". :banghead:

elSquid
10-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Assault rifle is a defined technical term (select fire, intermediate cartridge, detachable box magazine). Assault weapon was coined as a clever way to mislead people into thinking that civilian AR-15s are assault rifles. Guns 'n Ammo was probably talking about the former.

IIRC, it listed all the commercially available EBRs of the time and had many articles dealing with such. I guess if I really wanted to, I could go dig it out of storage and confirm it, but that's a heck of a lot of work. ;)

-- Michael

bigstick61
10-13-2009, 11:38 PM
\

I agree with your points, on a kgo interview, she said " I want to cut and get rid of 40,000 state jobs" But Yes I will not vote for here either

Cutting 40,000 jobs does not make one against big government. Big government, of course, not only refers to size, but to scope as well, and clearly she supports a government with alot of powers, which automatically entails a government large in size, although I'm sure she would not want it to be larger than necessary for the job. She even states one reason why she supports big government (which wlefare and such definitely falls under): "we have to protect the children." If I had a nickel for every time I heard that one...

freonr22
10-13-2009, 11:39 PM
Excellent point!

Dr Rockso
10-13-2009, 11:40 PM
IIRC, it listed all the commercially available EBRs of the time and had many articles dealing with such. I guess if I really wanted to, I could go dig it out of storage and confirm it, but that's a heck of a lot of work. ;)

-- Michael
If it's pre-'86 EBRs could still have happy switches without being unobtainium.

bigstick61
10-13-2009, 11:41 PM

Well, unfortunately, assault rifles are very restricted, too. You'd think the NRA would at least make a nod towards the issue of the NFA, GCA, certain provisions of the FOPA and the Brady Bill, etc., but it seems they support the status quo now which upsets me considerably. Unless we have a huge shift here in California though, regardless of what happens nationally, I think we are probably screwed on that one.

elSquid
10-13-2009, 11:45 PM
If it's pre-'86 EBRs could still have happy switches without being unobtainium.

If you look at the cover and squint, you can see "Complete Book on Semi Autos From"...

Anyways, back on track... Whitman doesn't appear to be a supporter of the 2nd.

-- Michael

Rule .308
10-13-2009, 11:47 PM
Pretty simple, "if it walks like a duck and it quacks, it must be a duck" She sounds like a bleeding heart liberal, she obviously is one.

bigstick61
10-13-2009, 11:47 PM
What sickens me even more than her running is that a number of Republican politicians and leaders have been sending me mail, e-mail, phone calls, etc. which come out in support of her.

armandolo
10-14-2009, 12:22 AM

Don't beat her up just ask for a BJ.:)

Werewolf1021
10-14-2009, 12:30 AM

HAH!

TheBundo
10-14-2009, 1:29 AM
MoonBeam may be our best bet these days

ErikTheRed
10-14-2009, 3:15 AM
Given the choices so far, I'm planning to write in Spongebob Squarepants for Governor.

Dr Rockso
10-14-2009, 8:00 AM
Given the choices so far, I'm planning to write in Spongebob Squarepants for Governor.
I heard he supported renewing the '94 AWB :(

Legasat
10-14-2009, 8:14 AM
This is going to be one of "those" elections for Gov. No real candidates that are acceptable. Another "I'll vote for the least offensive".

What a sad state of affairs California has deteriorated into.

demnogis
10-14-2009, 9:47 AM
Don't beat her up just ask for a BJ.:) Have you seen her pictures? She's a double-bagger. One for her head, and one for yours.

This is going to be one of "those" elections for Gov. No real candidates that are acceptable. Another "I'll vote for the least offensive".

What a sad state of affairs California has deteriorated into. This seems to be the norm. We're not electing leadership, we're electing a good-sounding figure-head. The legislature has shown that it can buy and sell the veto power of the governor by win-trading for other action. The system has only become self-serving. It will take a cataclysmic event for us to get some people in the state chairs that really give a damn about the Constitution first, and the rest second.

rolo
10-14-2009, 10:02 AM
The only candidate who has come out in FAVOR of the 2nd, is Jerry Brown. You can hem and haw and whine and complain about it all you want, but it is undeniable. There is no viable 2nd Amendment friendly candidate other than Moonbeam Brown.

Afterburnt
10-14-2009, 10:07 AM
Is he still hanging with Linda Roundstadt?

yellowfin
10-14-2009, 10:16 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again: if you don't see a politician regularly at one end of the rifle range, they belong at the other.

bomb_on_bus
10-14-2009, 10:17 AM
Wow so we go from a "union hardliner" with Mr. Davis to a washed up actor who's only good lines have been "I am from the future" or "Its not a tumor" to a chick that "ran ebay"

Common man, I mean who actually thinks that woman ran ebay!

***** that website practically runs itself.

Theres nothing good that could come from her running for or even becomeing dare I say it governor.

In a nutshell ebay is the biggest ripoff scam out there. They bought Paypal and introduced higher fees and made paypal the only legit way to pay for a transaction though that site. They make a profit when you list the item, when you sell the item, and when you pay for it. Sounds like a monopoly. And yet some whack jobs thinks that this woman could run the state any better then the last 2 *****clowns.

Stockton
10-14-2009, 10:31 AM
She's funny..."I have run a very large organization, balanced a budget, prioritized projects, made trade-offs and fundamentally created jobs."..... hate to bust your bubble sweetheart but you did non of the above. Everyone around you did that...you just took the advise of people around you and approved it. That crap is so annoying when you hear the so called Executives saying that "they did this" and "they did that" when in reality they "DID" none of it. They merely chanced an outline(procured from analyst) of where they would like to be and the details were applied by actual professionals. She can kick sand in another state for all I care.

Ding126
10-14-2009, 3:49 PM
Why can't the law makers take a look around and see that other states with less gun control have less crime as a whole. FBI stats show these states have lower crime since they became shall issue.

Can't the law makers & LEO's read?

There is more shootings and killings in Oakland & Richmond on any given weekend that I have heard from years in AZ

When will they wake up?

These law makers LEO's & Sheriffs have failed the people of CA over and over. FAIL!!

Purple K
10-14-2009, 3:49 PM
She's just another bloviating pile of bovine feces!!!

NSR500
10-14-2009, 3:59 PM
Meg Whitman can go pound sand!

Super Spy
10-14-2009, 4:16 PM
She's anti-gun which means I'm anti-Meg.

xibunkrlilkidsx
10-14-2009, 4:18 PM
she ran ebay. congrats. that makes her good as a politican how. i dont trust any of them anyhow.

slidecatch
10-14-2009, 5:19 PM
I think we'll be better off electing a Dem this time around — the more moonbeamy, the better.

Why? This state is going down the toilet. Even if the top marginal tax rate were raised to 99%, that still would not plug the gap.

California is going to go bankrupt and it is in our interest that it happen on a Democrat's watch.

With a Dem-dominated legislature and a Dem governor, the liberal powers-that-be will not be able to blame California's downfall on those dastardly Republicans. They will try, of course. But, except for the most brainwashed, their excuses will fall on deaf ears.

rolo
10-14-2009, 5:21 PM
shhhh! Don't give away the super secret squirrel plans, slidecatch.

WarEagle
10-14-2009, 9:08 PM
She will never get my vote. Mark my words, if she gets in she will be no better than Ahnie.

PowderApe
10-14-2009, 9:33 PM
Arent there ANY pro gun Repubs willing to run for Governor??
I'm afraid a Demo in the form of Gov Moonbeam would change his tune once in office due to pressure from "above"...

HST
10-14-2009, 9:45 PM
Bomb on Bus,
I totally agree with you that with Meg Whitman at the helm, eBay did run itself... In layman's terms... that's like if I owned an empire of soda dispensing machines in all of California and I was a billionaire, it's not like I was a genius.. those self dispensing machines run themselves similar to eBay.

Not to mention, she was named for making one of the worst technological blunder purchases of Skype by eBay... which analysts rate it as "the worst technology transaction of the decade." Good one Meg! They purchased Skype at the height of the boom, paid full price (BILLIONS) instead of letting it drop and pick it up for pennies on the dollar. Which now eBay is trying to offload it at a substantial loss...

She says she wants to run the state like a business...
F#&K OFF MEG!
We don't need another highly function retard in California...
Can't she like invest in another merger acquisition or something that involves an Anal Plug toy company or something and buy it at an inflated price?

Alaric
10-15-2009, 12:07 AM

Heh, actually he was a little earlier than that, and his name was Adolf Hitler.

Etymology

Calqued from German Sturmgewehr ("assault rifle", (literally) "storm rifle"). The Maschinenpistole 44 was called the Sturmgewehr by Adolf Hitler, whence it was renamed to represent the separate class of firearm it represented. From assault + rifle.
Noun

Singular
assault rifle

Plural
assault rifles

assault rifle (plural assault rifles)

1. A rifle or carbine that is capable of selective fire, has a detachable magazine, and fires an intermediate-power cartridge.
2. (colloquial) A semi-automatic firearm that resembles a military weapon.
3. (colloquial) An assault weapon as outlined in various legislation in the US.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/assault_rifle

And yeah, Jerry Brown is our guy in this election, definitely not Meg.

SJgunguy24
10-15-2009, 12:23 AM
Heh, actually he was a little earlier than that, and his name was Adolf Hitler.

http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/assault_rifle

And yeah, Jerry Brown is our guy in this election, definitely not Meg.

Damn, you beat me to it, I was gonna post that about "Assault Rifle".
Thats another one I use on the anti's. If they comfortable using Nazi terminology what do they call Jews or Blacks?

yellowfin
10-15-2009, 5:26 AM
Why can't the law makers take a look around and see that other states with less gun control have less crime as a whole. FBI stats show these states have lower crime since they became shall issue.You assume that they actually want less crime.

bodger
10-15-2009, 7:03 AM

MoonBeam may be our best bet these days

..what...for a B.J. or for a governor that won't grab our guns? :D:D

oaklander
10-15-2009, 4:11 PM
Word is getting out - this thread is #5 on google for meg whitman gun control.

http://www.google.com/search?q=meg+whitman+gun+control&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

five.five-six
10-15-2009, 4:15 PM
I did a little googling and came up with this. Make no mistake about it. We do not want this woman in office.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/02/13/BACU15SUDJ.DTL

here is all the "proof" you need:

http://www.ebay.com/

EZ G
10-15-2009, 7:15 PM
She is a big government progressive, in the mold of McLame. She is running as a Republican to keep a conservative from even being in the race. None want to face her money.

SkatinJJ
10-15-2009, 9:32 PM
She is a big government progressive, in the mold of McLame. She is running as a Republican to keep a conservative from even being in the race. None want to face her money.

That's two idiots. Neither are conservative.

real conservatives need to grow a pair and come out and meet Californians WHO ACTUALLY SHARE many of the conservative values. They just haven't had them shared by "conservative" politicians.

Dump her and all the other RINO punks for someone, anyone, who actually thinks.

Semper FI!!!

JJ

Alaric
10-16-2009, 12:43 AM
Word is getting out - this thread is #5 on google for meg whitman gun control.

http://www.google.com/search?q=meg+whitman+gun+control&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

If only we could get it in the top five searches for "Meg Whitman, Governor".

Maybe repetition will help.

Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor. Meg Whitman, Governor.

Bring it, Google.

Zachs300zx
10-16-2009, 8:16 PM
Here was my quick emil to her and the reply I got today:

What are your views on gun control and the second amendment? Judging by the restrictions that are in place on eBay and Paypal implemented under your time as CEO I have a good idea, but would like to hear it from you.

Registered republican voter,
Xxxx Xxxxxxxx
__________________________________________________ _______________

Thank you so much for emailing us your question. The following is Meg's statement on the 2nd Amendment:

I am a strong supporter of the Second Amendment and our clear constitutional right to keep and bear arms. I believe current gun laws need to be enforced but we do not need any new restrictions on gun owners. Second Amendment rights must be rigorously protected.

Thank you for helping us to build A New California!

Sincerely,

The Meg 2010 Media Team