PDA

View Full Version : Huh? Ammunition control in Contra Costa County???

Guy B. Meredith
10-13-2009, 10:31 PM
A thread on The Firing Line provided this link to an SF Chronicle article

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/10/13/BA551A4M82.DTL

which states that Contra Costa County has ammunition regulations.

I have never run into ammo regulations in this county, though I will have to admit that since I reload for .38 spl and .357 magnum and purchase 30'06 for my M1 through CMP the only ammo I have purchased in the last five years or so is some 12 GA buckshot and slugs from Wal-Mart. What's the story?

mattmcg
10-13-2009, 10:34 PM
Huh? Where do you read that Contra-Costa specifically has ammo regulations?

The article seems to refer to the recent signing of AB962 which is statewide when it is enacted (if enacted).

berto
10-13-2009, 10:40 PM
Likely refers to the Wally World ban the county negotiated. Typical shoddy Chronicle journalism.

torsf
10-13-2009, 10:48 PM
The county also requires registration of ammo purchases... I believe that the only store required to follow this is the Sports Authority by the Concord airport (being on unincorporated property or something like that).

EastBayRidge
10-14-2009, 2:53 AM
The county also requires registration of ammo purchases... I believe that the only store required to follow this is the Sports Authority by the Concord airport (being on unincorporated property or something like that).

Yup. That's been my experience - have only ever been required to show ID etc at Sports Authority when buying ammo.

sv_1
10-14-2009, 7:17 AM
Registration or verification of your age?

Axsle
04-06-2010, 8:42 PM
Contra Costa county is now on the no ammo ship list in Sportsmans Guide. Why? It wasnt a month ago.

Librarian
04-06-2010, 9:56 PM
SG is unreasonably fearful. Spend your $$ elsewhere until they come around - which will only happen when their policies cost them enough money to hurt.

Ten Rounder
04-07-2010, 4:31 AM
""Sports Authority by the Concord airport (being on unincorporated property or something like that).""

It is actually on airport property, and you are signing a bound book to buy ammo there.

EOD Guy
04-07-2010, 7:21 AM
""Sports Authority by the Concord airport (being on unincorporated property or something like that).""

It is actually on airport property, and you are signing a bound book to buy ammo there.
The County ordnance only applies in unincorporated Contra Costa County. The Sports authority is in unincorporated Contra Costa County. It may be surrounded by Concord, but is not within the city limits. There are a couple of weird jogs in the city boundary

The ordnance is nothing new. It's been on the books for years.