PDA

View Full Version : RAW AK Owners: Post Some Pics of Your Rifles

lomalinda
10-13-2009, 9:12 PM
So, I've got an interest in looking at some of the pre-1989 AKs, as well as the pre-2000 counterparts. I've seen a registered Valmet at Angeles, and I'm sure that CG people must have a few more out there, too. So if you don't mind posting up some pics, I'm sure that there'd be a lot of people who'd love to see what they might be missing out on.

Thanks!

Jpach
10-14-2009, 1:24 AM
Holy Jesus you saw one at Angeles? Damn, I need to get out there more often.

ejc999
10-14-2009, 1:35 AM
This is my pre-89 Hugarian SA-85M. I have replaced the stock, pistol grip, and front handguard, since the original blond stock was cracked. But I like the current Russian made stock better anyway. Sorry about the photo being a little bit dark.
http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/ejc999/ak.jpg

69Mach1
10-14-2009, 8:33 AM
So, I've got an interest in looking at some of the pre-1989 AKs, as well as the pre-2000 counterparts. I've seen a registered Valmet at Angeles,..

Holy Jesus you saw one at Angeles? Damn, I need to get out there more often.

I'm the one who pointed it out to him. :D It was nice. If only they weren't listed, otherwise there'd be one in my safe. :cool:

69Mach1
10-14-2009, 8:35 AM
This is my pre-89 Hugarian SA-85M. I have replaced the stock, pistol grip, and front handguard, since the original blond stock was cracked. But I like the current Russian made stock better anyway. Sorry about the photo being a little bit dark.
http://i637.photobucket.com/albums/uu99/ejc999/ak.jpg

Wow, A Kassner! I'm glad it belongs to a Californian.

socomIInato
10-14-2009, 11:20 AM
yes RAW do appear at angeles! you guys need to get out more often;)mine appear occassionally on wed. evenings to take on those evil steel plates.:43:

Spyder
10-14-2009, 11:35 AM
Yuck! The pistol grip is fugly! :D

lomalinda
10-14-2009, 11:53 AM
socom,

What AK are you referring to? I'd love to check it out sometime at Angeles.

lomalinda
10-14-2009, 12:01 PM
"I'm the one who pointed it out to him. It was nice. If only they weren't listed, otherwise there'd be one in my safe."

Yep, Mach and I were out blastin' the steel plates with our neutered OL AKs when he told me that a guy was shooting with a Valmet a few stations away. Was cool to see one of the best AKs imported into the US up close.

Jpach
10-14-2009, 2:28 PM
"I'm the one who pointed it out to him. It was nice. If only they weren't listed, otherwise there'd be one in my safe."

Yep, Mach and I were out blastin' the steel plates with our neutered OL AKs when he told me that a guy was shooting with a Valmet a few stations away. Was cool to see one of the best AKs imported into the US up close.

Damn, did you guys at least get to shoot it?

Whats so special about Valmets anyways? I hear their good but i wonder why we all seem to get hard from them besides the fact that there are so few here. There arent a lot in the US correct? Maybe its another AK variant Im thinking of...

socomIInato
10-14-2009, 7:29 PM
socom,

What AK are you referring to? I'd love to check it out sometime at Angeles.

on the ak side I have two of them, one a rare sidefolding polytech:cool: in 7.62x39. second ones is a SA85 with thumbhole stock.

lomalinda
10-14-2009, 7:45 PM
JPach,

I didn't get to shoot it; not sure if Mach did, either.

Most people will let you handle a firearm if you express interest in it. Some even let you shoot it, as you suggested. Could have been an off day, but the dude seemed pretty uninterested in gawkers.

lomalinda
10-14-2009, 7:46 PM
"a rare sidefolding polytech in 7.62x39"

Nice, that would probably be well over two grand these days.

socomIInato
10-14-2009, 7:53 PM
"a rare sidefolding polytech in 7.62x39"

Nice, that would probably be well over two grand these days.

thanks, next time I hit angeles with it I`ll post the date i`m going out with it. so those who like to see one can enjoy a few rounds down range. just bring some non-magnetic ammo with you. my supply is limited!

lomalinda
10-14-2009, 8:03 PM
Thanks!

If you want, I'll bring my Romy G with Monster Man grip and then we'll see who's really living large.

:D