PDA

View Full Version : Does Arnold give a hoot about the more conservative countys?

sergeantrex
10-13-2009, 7:41 PM
While I was calling the governor's office to voice my opinion on SB585 and AB962. I asked myself, Does the Governer/polititcians care about the opinions of people living in Madera/Fresno/Tulare/Mariposa/Merced (you get the picture) counties? Does my 559 area code make my voice less important in the governors eyes? My representatives voted against AB962 and SB585.

When I left an email at Arnold's website I had to leave my address. Do number crunchers analyze this data? I know the lion share of votes come from heavily populated and typically more liberal counties.

Your thoughts...................:)

Fjold
10-13-2009, 7:44 PM
They care about 50% +1 voters. If they can get that from the welfare counties, that's all that matters.

mmbasser
10-13-2009, 8:00 PM
+1

Enabled by the needy, ignorant, or "enlightened" bunch.

kf6tac
10-13-2009, 8:05 PM
Arnold doesn't care about ANY of the counties right now. He's a lame duck.

Sunwolf
10-13-2009, 8:07 PM
"Does Arnold give a hoot about the more conservative countys? "

NO.

CAL.BAR
10-13-2009, 9:22 PM
NO b/c NO ONE lives in them! LA County has more people and all of the "rural" counties up north combined.

bwiese
10-14-2009, 1:42 AM
While I was calling the governor's office to voice my opinion on SB585 and AB962. I asked myself, Does the Governer/polititcians care about the opinions of people living in Madera/Fresno/Tulare/Mariposa/Merced (you get the picture) counties? Does my 559 area code make my voice less important in the governors eyes? My representatives voted against AB962 and SB585.

When I left an email at Arnold's website I had to leave my address. Do number crunchers analyze this data? I know the lion share of votes come from heavily populated and typically more liberal counties.

No the phone calls, I'm fairly confident, are not tracked. And cellphones being assigned out-of-area area codes throws a monkey wrench into that these days.

Do politicians care about underpopulated counties? Not if they're not from that county.

Votes come from the metro areas and greater suburbs, which can swamp a dozen of the central valley counties.

That's why CA Republicans in general are outta play - they're popular where there are less people, which does them a helluva lot of good.

For all we fault Arnie (often justifiably) he has to deal with a legislature that's almost 2/3s Dems. Republicans lose a couple more seats and the 2/3 vote override by Dems becomes reality.

TheBundo
10-14-2009, 2:20 AM
Arnold doesn't care about ANY of the counties right now. He's a lame duck.

You'd think a lame duck would want to maintain his rep with the folks in the real USA

kf6tac
10-14-2009, 2:46 AM
You'd think a lame duck would want to maintain his rep with the folks in the real USA

Not when he's got his movie-made mega-bucks and a family of liberal in-laws to return to when his term is up.

kcbrown
10-14-2009, 2:54 AM
Frankly, I don't think any politician at the state level or higher cares about how their "constituents" (the people who voted for them) feel. That's now how and why they got their position to begin with.

They got their position as a result of making deals with people who influence (if not outright control) the information people receive about the candidates: the press and the mass media. Those are owned almost exclusively by a relatively small number of large corporations, so the candidate has to do whatever the people who run those corporations, and their pals, want.

The system is broken from top to bottom because of people's dependence upon centrally-controlled media for their "information". The internet is slowly changing that, but I think it'll be quite some time, if ever, before the role of centrally-controlled media is sufficiently reduced that candidates are forced to actually listen to the people.

One need only look at what candidates say versus what they do in order to ascertain that. If the voters really mattered then the candidates would be forced to stick to their word, more or less. That never happens anymore (there are rare exceptions, of course), thus proving that the candidates take their marching orders from someone other than the people.