PDA

View Full Version : Political possibilities to help 2A

DocSkinner
10-13-2009, 8:26 AM
We obviously need more pro 2A people in office, at all levels, and regardless of political party. Anyway we can encourage a political savvy member to start a forum on potential offices coming up in the next few elections, based upon pro-2A analysis, NOT political party? It should hopefully be obvious now that you can not vote a party line to support pro 2A candidates.

Maybe the legislative guy for CRPA?

We need to be proactive in our 2A rights, instead of reactionary. This really should be viewed as a call to arms for all pro 2A Californians. No more setting back and letting a few fight the good fight after the fact.

Mulay El Raisuli
10-14-2009, 6:33 AM
We obviously need more pro 2A people in office, at all levels, and regardless of political party. Anyway we can encourage a political savvy member to start a forum on potential offices coming up in the next few elections, based upon pro-2A analysis, NOT political party? It should hopefully be obvious now that you can not vote a party line to support pro 2A candidates.

Maybe the legislative guy for CRPA?

We need to be proactive in our 2A rights, instead of reactionary. This really should be viewed as a call to arms for all pro 2A Californians. No more setting back and letting a few fight the good fight after the fact.

Isn't CalGuns that forum?

The Raisuli

DocSkinner
10-15-2009, 9:18 AM
Isn't CalGuns that forum?

The Raisuli

for people that support 2A yes, which is why I suggested it here, and for this web site.

However, there isn't really an organized "get NEW pro-2A people into politics". Usually it is just "soandso is terrible" or "soandso is the lesser of evils" opinions. All about the people that are already embedded in the political system and that are screwing things up so bad.

Einstein was said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I would extend that a bit: Voting for the same people over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Much like how guns aren't the real problem in crime, The government isn't the problem, it is the people that get elected INTO the government that are the problem.

Support and approval of the elected is at an all time low. Now is a great time to try and get more NEW blood into the government, instead of just repeating the mistakes and waiting for the same excuses from the same people.

There have to be numerous positions throughout the state that are coming up that could provide excellent opportunities for pro2A types to answer the call and take up figurative arms to get things back on track.

Mulay El Raisuli
10-16-2009, 5:47 AM
for people that support 2A yes, which is why I suggested it here, and for this web site.

However, there isn't really an organized "get NEW pro-2A people into politics". Usually it is just "soandso is terrible" or "soandso is the lesser of evils" opinions. All about the people that are already embedded in the political system and that are screwing things up so bad.

Einstein was said the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. I would extend that a bit: Voting for the same people over and over again and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. Much like how guns aren't the real problem in crime, The government isn't the problem, it is the people that get elected INTO the government that are the problem.

Support and approval of the elected is at an all time low. Now is a great time to try and get more NEW blood into the government, instead of just repeating the mistakes and waiting for the same excuses from the same people.

There have to be numerous positions throughout the state that are coming up that could provide excellent opportunities for pro2A types to answer the call and take up figurative arms to get things back on track.

Ah! This is good. I must admit that I have no ideas though. Hopefully, someone else here will.

The Raisuli

DocSkinner
10-16-2009, 9:31 AM
Ah! This is good. I must admit that I have no ideas though. Hopefully, someone else here will.

The Raisuli

exactly - I know there are many on here that have a deep knowledge of our current political state, so hopefully maybe some will help. Although many of those are also people that are embedded/dependent on the current status...