PDA

View Full Version : How to take action against AB 962!

oaklander
10-13-2009, 1:10 AM
I implore you to TAKE ACTION against AB 962. Stop complaining and start acting.

Here is how you can do that right now:

1) Support your NRA (http://home.nra.org/#/home) - they are on it. See http://calnra.com/

Join if you are not a member. Renew if you are lapsed. Get involved in your Member's Councils (http://www.nramemberscouncils.com/).

2) Support your CRPA (http://crpa.org/)

The CRPA is the NRA's California affiliate organization and works closely with them here in the Golden State.

3) Support your CGF (http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/).

The Calguns Foundation works very closely with both of the above organizations, and will be taking a MAJOR role (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=230676) in this fight.

4) If you want to get involved in a local level with these issues, contact WildHawker (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/private.php?do=newpm&u=23649) and inquire about volunteer outreach opportunities.

These are things that I just came up with off the top of my head. I will update this thread as I come up with additional ways to get involved. The point is that you need to GET INVOLVED NOW. This means stepping up to the plate and donating your time and money to the cause. If you don't have any money (I know the feeling), then at least donate your time.

The worst thing you can do is to get discouraged. Contact me at fnfal61@gmail.com if you start to feel discouraged and I will give you a pep talk.

:)

scottj
10-13-2009, 7:59 AM
Seriously, channel all this anger and frustration into something constructive! Pissing and moaning gets us nowhere.

Go Calguns!

bombadillo
10-13-2009, 8:42 AM
Good man, i'm not leaving this state for another 5-6 years by the looks of things so i'm in this for a while now. Gotta pick up our feet and move forward step by step

jb7706
10-13-2009, 9:26 AM
I have to wonder if the men and women of my grandfathers generation would be just sitting about and whining or if they would be working together to get the job done. Based on my studies of WWII and the men who fought it I feel safe to say that they would quit crying and get to the task at hand to fix this setback. Perhaps it is time we take a lesson from those men. Take some responsibility for fixing this problem, sacrifice a little bit of yourself and get to work.

A lot of us busted our collective backsides to beat this thing, many did a helluva lot more than I did. It wasn't enough for whatever reason. Oh well, stuff happens. Be a man. Stand up, dust off, embrace the suck and get back into the fight in whatever way you can.

Or continue to cry and stomp around like a petulant 4 year old.

What choice has the best chance of improving our situation?

oaklander
10-13-2009, 9:30 AM
Exactly.

I have to wonder if the men and women of my grandfathers generation would be just sitting about and whining or if they would be working together to get the job done. Based on my studies of WWII and the men who fought it I feel safe to say that they would quit crying and get to the task at hand to fix this setback. Perhaps it is time we take a lesson from those men. Take some responsibility for fixing this problem, sacrifice a little bit of yourself and get to work.

A lot of us busted our collective backsides to beat this thing, many did a helluva lot more than I did. It wasn't enough for whatever reason. Oh well, stuff happens. Be a man. Stand up, dust off, embrace the suck and get back into the fight in whatever way you can.

Or continue to cry and stomp around like a petulant 4 year old.

What choice has the best chance of improving our situation?

shooten
10-13-2009, 11:30 AM
I've got 3 of 4 covered. Now I'm joining CRPA. Thanks. Good post.

Scott

Blackhawk556
10-13-2009, 12:18 PM
to join the NRA it costs 25 bucks per year if i remember correctly. What do you guys think would be best, donate the $25 to CGF or join the NRA.

why not both? people don't have $50 to drop all the time.

I've been a NRA member for about 7 months and set up automatic monthly donations to CGF through work. Just want to see what you guys/gals think others should do

locosway
10-13-2009, 12:21 PM
Not to sound snide, but I've been asking to volunteer for months and no one has contacted me. Now, the baby is almost here and I'm afraid my free time won't be available for a while.

1859sharps
10-13-2009, 8:40 PM
My 2 cents on the money contribution side.

first, maintaining your membership (CRPA and or NRA for example) is more important then sending in extra money.

Second, the extra contributions above and beyond membership do not have to be large. Think spare change.

someone said there was 30,000 calguns members. Don't know if that was calguns.net or calguns foundation. But lets go with that 30,000 number for a second.

If each of those 30,000 people committed to just 17 dollars a quarter, that would be 2 million dollars a year that just calguns by it's self would have to fight to clean up California gun laws. people, that ain't chump change and per person is very do able even in these less then ideal economic time.

CenterTarget
10-13-2009, 9:09 PM
There are often promotions on other websites or with the NRA itself to get a membership for $25 instead of $35. There is also an NRA Associate Membership for $10 that differs from regular membership in that you can not vote in elections, and you don't get a monthly magazine.

to join the NRA it costs 25 bucks per year if i remember correctly. What do you guys think would be best, donate the $25 to CGF or join the NRA.

I've been a NRA member for about 7 months and set up automatic monthly donations to CGF through work. Just want to see what you guys/gals think others should do

wildhawker
10-13-2009, 9:17 PM
If you can't do both, join the NRA and volunteer your time at CGN outreach events so we can raise some money for CGF.

wildhawker
10-13-2009, 9:18 PM
I've been saying that for a while: just $1/mo by every Calgunner would be an overwhelming improvement.

-BC

My 2 cents on the money contribution side.

first, maintaining your membership (CRPA and or NRA for example) is more important then sending in extra money.

Second, the extra contributions above and beyond membership do not have to be large. Think spare change.

someone said there was 30,000 calguns members. Don't know if that was calguns.net or calguns foundation. But lets go with that 30,000 number for a second.

If each of those 30,000 people committed to just 17 dollars a quarter, that would be 2 million dollars a year that just calguns by it's self would have to fight to clean up California gun laws. people, that ain't chump change and per person is very do able even in these less then ideal economic time.

sindominator
10-13-2009, 9:22 PM
What if Indian Reservations sold ammunition? Are there particular laws that don't apply in those countys?

Sorry; stupid Idea, Ive been drinking while being upset at this silly AB962 law.

gucci pilot
10-13-2009, 9:33 PM
What if Indian Reservations sold ammunition? Are there particular laws that don't apply in those countys?

Sorry; stupid Idea, Ive been drinking while being upset at this silly AB962 law.

Hang on. I think you are on to something. I'll need to research but there's precedent for federal/state exclusion. Unfortunately, IIRC it's based on cigarette sales.

I would love to hear Gene's take on this one...

mcsoupman
10-13-2009, 9:35 PM
PM'd Wildhawker. I want to see what I can do to turn it up a notch or 10.

wildhawker
10-13-2009, 9:45 PM
We go to 11 around here :43:

http://cdn.stereogum.com/img/spinaltap_11.jpg

sindominator
10-14-2009, 9:19 AM
Yeah it was something that crossed my mind. Didn't really give it much thought or research. :rolleyes::rolleyes: