PDA

View Full Version : Anyone checked CalNRA.com lately?

mikehaas
10-12-2009, 11:53 PM
http://calnra.com/

More news tomorrow. (Never saw anything like it.)

Paladin
10-12-2009, 11:56 PM
But of course! ;)

I cked it several times over the past 24 hrs. Last time was a few hours ago, and I look forward to cking it again tomorrow to see what details you're going to publish re. the legal fight against AB962.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 11:59 PM
Love the new banner, Mike- it really goes well with the drapes. :D

Go NRA and CRPA!!!

(Please link to every thread that says the NRA isn't doing anything.)

obeygiant
10-13-2009, 1:10 AM
Love the new banner, Mike- it really goes well with the drapes. :D

Go NRA and CRPA!!!

(Please link to every thread that says the NRA isn't doing anything.)

That and a sticky.

Mike- We will all be eagerly awaiting the update, thank you.

chris
10-13-2009, 6:28 AM
it would be nice to see this law gone before it goes into effect.

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 7:33 AM
it would be nice to see this law gone before it goes into effect.

AMEN........with all the money the NRA has they could chip a little this way for a commercial or something. i just say one a little while ago for voting NO on some local measure for some crap....why cant the NRA do that>>????more people would get involved for the right reasons. however , there was one idiot on the news here locally saying "there are speed limit...does that infringe on your life??" blahblahblahblah.....:mad:

mikehaas
10-13-2009, 8:46 AM
AMEN........with all the money the NRA has they could chip a little this way for a commercial or something. i just say one a little while ago for voting NO on some local measure for some crap....why cant the NRA do that>>????more people would get involved for the right reasons. however , there was one idiot on the news here locally saying "there are speed limit...does that infringe on your life??" blahblahblahblah.....:mad:
Be careful - if making statements can declare one an idiot, this one you made may get you nominated...
...with all the money the NRA has...

Do you even KNOW how much money NRA has? Do you?

Are you even a member? If you can quit posting crap for a moment, I'll educate you. NRA RAISES ABOUT $250 MILLION EVERY YEAR - period. It comes from the donations of it's 4 million members. If you think that's a lot for all NRA must do (i.e., educate gun owners of all ages, protect the legislative interests of gun owners and support the election of pro-gun candidates - in all 50 states PLUS THE FRIGGIN' FEDERAL GOVERNMENT), you need to educate yourself. NRA already does more on less $$ than any other group around - bar none (no thanks to posters who make such ridiculous statements).

I wouldn't worry about how much money NRA has (unless you're going to back up such trash talk with a donation????) I'd worry if there is enough grassroots support in this state of complainers to back them up enough to make a difference. So far, it doesn't seem like it.

loather
10-13-2009, 10:09 AM
Mike, you rule. ;)

Keep fightin' the good fight!

bg
10-13-2009, 11:12 AM
I gave Mister Hagman's office a call to express my gratitude
in authoring AB 373. Lets hope it gets on the floor and
passes.

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 3:48 PM
Be careful - if making statements can declare one an idiot, this one you made may get you nominated...

Are you even a member? If you can quit posting crap for a moment, I'll educate you. NRA RAISES ABOUT $250 MILLION EVERY YEAR - period. It comes from the donations of it's 4 million members. If you think that's a lot for all NRA must do (i.e., educate gun owners of all ages, protect the legislative interests of gun owners and support the election of pro-gun candidates - in all 50 states PLUS THE FRIGGIN' FEDERAL GOVERNMENT), you need to educate yourself. NRA already does more on less $$ than any other group around - bar none (no thanks to posters who make such ridiculous statements).

I wouldn't worry about how much money NRA has (unless you're going to back up such trash talk with a donation????) I'd worry if there is enough grassroots support in this state of complainers to back them up enough to make a difference. So far, it doesn't seem like it.

why yes i am a member of the NRA #169088xxx. now sit dowwnAND STOP YELLING AT MEEEEEEEE......jeez..:(

where did i post crap??? you quoted me so where is the crap??? the only part that is even NEARLY crap is when i spoke of the person on the newscast....

I'll educate you. NRA RAISES ABOUT $250 MILLION EVERY YEAR - period.

this is about $249.950 million more than i got.....:)

i understand the NRA has more members this year than any other and thus brings in more donations. why CANT they start running ad campaigns on television?? is there something that prohibits them from doing so?? educate me please.

your taking my statements wrong......had you seen the newscast, you would have understood how this guy on tv was saying that this wouldnt infringe on us law obeying citizens. and he went on to talk about speedlimits, getting tickets, and etc.... he said it would be a "good thing"....and speaks about these things that dont "infringe" on our daily lives. said it would help stop the "gangbangers" from getting ammo. apparently he was "uneducated" on the bill. they showed several others that were for the bill and only showed ONE person who was opposed it. was this fair to the uneducated public?? no. can the public be swayed?? sure, IF they are uneducated about it.

dont get offended because i suggested that the NRA have a commercial to help out TO EDUCATE PEOPLE MORE VIA TELEVISION they have these local news stations with people saying how good this AB 962 is going to be to help out. if you had seen the local tv station play into the politics of "helping catch the criminals" then you would be pissed to.

and i dont see how this would nominate me on my opposition of this AB962. im on YOUR side fella...im a California Dept of Justice Firearms Instructor, Federal Department of Justice Firearms Instructor, and a Federal LEO....anything else you feel like questioning my opinions on??

i just feel like they could do more with less.......MAKE A COMMERCIAL FOR ALL TO SEE AND REACH OUT TO MORE PEOPLE THIS WAY. again, the local tv station was running an ad campaign for voting NO on some local propostion. the local tv stations can run smear campaigns but wont run campaigns against gun control, but they talk about gun control and everyone the police arrests have "assault weapons" in their homes....its not fair to any of US that ARE ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE LAW............

bwiese
10-13-2009, 3:54 PM
Badhabit,

Do you know how much TV ads cost - for any useful penetration?

[IIRC, NRA tried that on CNN in the 80s at discount rate and I don't think it delivered what they wanted.]

They could take the DOJ BoF approach they used to announce AW law changes by advertising on the midnight mexican midget wrestling channel on UHF, but we saw how well that worked and how that was a big FAIL on mandated outreach.

My company makes one of the most popular video cameras on the market. We started TV advertising 2 yrs ago and abandoned it. Didn't deliver esp for the price/time/duration required. Our company's revenues are in the same order of magnitude that NRA's is. Even at 8X greater we'd probably not do it.

Professionals need to make the media buy decisions.

dantodd
10-13-2009, 4:36 PM
Mike,

I know that you are as disappointed as anyone else about the recent setback. I would point out that you jumping on people for asking very simple questions that I do not read to demean the NRA nor do I believe the posters are trying to so.

Badhabit was asking a simple question. He too is frustrated with AB962 and like everyone else has ideas of how he'd like his donation money spent.

I remember the "I am the NRA" commercials not too long ago.

Yes, $250M may not sound like a lot to you but it IS a lot of money and makes the NRA very powerful, as it needs to be.

Big campaigns are expensive and I do not know exactly how much it would actually cost and I'm sure badhabit doesn't either. But it is a perfectly reasonable question.

While I'm sure his question could have been couched differently he is an individual who is very upset about AB962 and you are a representative of the NRA, an organization that most of us here support and wish to see succeed, you are held to a higher standard than in individual poster. If you don't like this fact I'm sure there is another soldier in our fight who will step up and do the work.

Please take the time to re-read your posts today and reflect on possibility that perhaps you are over reacting to a general frustration and not attacks on the NRA.

H Paul Payne
10-13-2009, 5:02 PM
Mike,
While I'm sure his question could have been couched differently he is an individual who is very upset about AB962 and you are a representative of the NRA, an organization that most of us here support and wish to see succeed, you are held to a higher standard than in individual poster. If you don't like this fact I'm sure there is another soldier in our fight who will step up and do the work.

I'm not inclined to jump into this particular mud puddle, other than to point-out one simple (but important) fact.

Mike is a dear friend, great volunteer, and a huge supporter of the NRA. But please don't hold Mike to the same standard that you would hold me. It's not fair to Mike.

Mike is an NRA Benefactor Member and Members' Council President, but since he is a volunteer -- he retains his right to his personal opinion. On the other-hand, you will rarely see me posting MY personal opinion in public because I am "a representative of the NRA."

Please allow Mike the respect to retain his right to his opinion(s). Nothing I say herein should be seen as a condemnation of Mike or anyone else on this thread. I'm simply trying to point-out a distinction that should be considered.

Thank you for your consideration.

Paul

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 6:10 PM
Mike,

I know that you are as disappointed as anyone else about the recent setback. I would point out that you jumping on people for asking very simple questions that I do not read to demean the NRA nor do I believe the posters are trying to so.

Badhabit was asking a simple question. He too is frustrated with AB962 and like everyone else has ideas of how he'd like his donation money spent.

I remember the "I am the NRA" commercials not too long ago.

Yes, $250M may not sound like a lot to you but it IS a lot of money and makes the NRA very powerful, as it needs to be.

Big campaigns are expensive and I do not know exactly how much it would actually cost and I'm sure badhabit doesn't either. But it is a perfectly reasonable question.

Please take the time to re-read your posts today and reflect on possibility that perhaps you are over reacting to a general frustration and not attacks on the NRA.

thank you kind sir. may i offer you a cup of coffee??:o
im not rich, nor poor, nor an idiot. my father is a NRA life member, my wife is a NRA member( and she doesnt even own any guns in her name). so i have made some contributions to the fight. i also make contributions to the Peace Officers Foundation.

im just frustrated and disappointed as everyone else.

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 6:13 PM
I'm not inclined to jump into this particular mud puddle, other than to point-out one simple (but important) fact.

Mike is a dear friend, great volunteer, and a huge supporter of the NRA. But please don't hold Mike to the same standard that you would hold me. It's not fair to Mike.

Mike is an NRA Benefactor Member and Members' Council President, but since he is a volunteer -- he retains his right to his personal opinion. On the other-hand, you will rarely see me posting MY personal opinion in public because I am "a representative of the NRA."

Please allow Mike the respect to retain his right to his opinion(s). Nothing I say herein should be seen as a condemnation of Mike or anyone else on this thread. I'm simply trying to point-out a distinction that should be considered.

Thank you for your consideration.

Paul

so is it fair to support HIS opinion and not mine?? do i not retain MY personal opinion either?? i did NOT say anything bad towards the NRA...remember..."I AM THE NRA".... what happened to that??

loather
10-13-2009, 6:18 PM
They could take the DOJ BoF approach they used to announce AW law changes by advertising on the midnight mexican midget wrestling channel on UHF, but we saw how well that worked and how that was a big FAIL on mandated outreach.

You mean to tell me that you don't watch the midnight mexican midget wrestling channel? Hell, I curl up all snuggly with my EBRs, don my lucha libre mask, and glue my eyes to the TV. Body-slam into the coffee table!

H Paul Payne
10-13-2009, 6:37 PM
so is it fair to support HIS opinion and not mine?? do i not retain MY personal opinion either?? i did NOT say anything bad towards the NRA...remember..."I AM THE NRA".... what happened to that??

I did NOT say that I had anything against YOUR personal opinion. As anyone can plainly see, my point was that Mike is NOT an "NRA representative" (as was stated by someone else) --- so his opinion is his own.

Thanks for helping me make this point more clearly.

Paul

unusedusername
10-13-2009, 7:16 PM
Lets do some math...

Quotes from here (http://www.gaebler.com/Television-Advertising-Costs.htm)

It has been estimated that the average cost of producing a 30-second national TV commercial is nearly $350,000. But before you panic, understand that like any other form of advertising, a television commercial can be as simple or as complicated as you want to make it. Not surprisingly, the cost to produce the commercial goes up as the quality and complexity of the commercial increases.

The standard half-hour of television contains 22 minutes of program and 8 minutes of commercials - 6 minutes for national advertising and 2 minutes for local. National advertising is obviously your most expensive option, but even then the rates vary by Nielsen-rated viewership. Highly-watched programs can command rates in the millions of dollars. For example, a 30-second spot during the 2005 Superbowl sold for $2.4 million. Commercials during less-watched programs are more affordable, but the cost of those commercials may still run in excess of $100,000 per 30-seconds.

Let's say that a TV commercial has to run at least once an hour to be "productive", and lets also say that it has to run on all the "local" stations in order to be productive.

There are 43 "local" stations in CA according to this list (http://www.officialusa.com/stateguides/media/television/states/california.html) (and assuming I counted them correctly... don't yell if I can't count. It's a known thing.).

Let's also assume that a productive commercial has to run at least for 2 weeks (14 days).

Let us also assume that the 100k number includes ALL the runs of that commercial in that timeslot for the 2 week period. (meaning you pay 100k to run 1 30 second slot for 2 weeks). Lets also assume that the average cost of any slot from any station during a "not insane" cost time-period like the superbowl is 100k as it makes the math easier.

Total cost for commercial = 350k (cost of production) + (43 (stations) * 24 (30 second slots) * 100k (cost per 30 second slot for 2 weeks)) = 103,550,000 is approx = 103 million dollars.

This is about 1/2 the total amount the NRA takes in going by the numbers presented in this thread. Half their money, for a single two week run across California.

This is why they don't run commercials.

Sig357
10-13-2009, 7:45 PM
Just joined the NRA:D

Thanks Mike and Paul for all your hard work.

NovaTodd
10-13-2009, 8:56 PM
Thank you for the heads-up on this one. I don't check the member council site very often. However, I did e-mail Assembly member Hagman, and my representatives, Senator Dutton and Assemblyman Jefferies.
I urge everyone else out there to do the same.

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 10:21 PM
Lets do some math...

Quotes from here (http://www.gaebler.com/Television-Advertising-Costs.htm)

Let's say that a TV commercial has to run at least once an hour to be "productive", and lets also say that it has to run on all the "local" stations in order to be productive.

There are 43 "local" stations in CA according to this list (http://www.officialusa.com/stateguides/media/television/states/california.html) (and assuming I counted them correctly... don't yell if I can't count. It's a known thing.).

Let's also assume that a productive commercial has to run at least for 2 weeks (14 days).

Let us also assume that the 100k number includes ALL the runs of that commercial in that timeslot for the 2 week period. (meaning you pay 100k to run 1 30 second slot for 2 weeks). Lets also assume that the average cost of any slot from any station during a "not insane" cost time-period like the superbowl is 100k as it makes the math easier.

Total cost for commercial = 350k (cost of production) + (43 (stations) * 24 (30 second slots) * 100k (cost per 30 second slot for 2 weeks)) = 103,550,000 is approx = 103 million dollars.

This is about 1/2 the total amount the NRA takes in going by the numbers presented in this thread. Half their money, for a single two week run across California.

This is why they don't run commercials.

you left out the following from your quote....

Small- to medium-sized businesses cannot afford to invest $350,000 in a single commercial. But, decent quality TV commercials can be produced for as little as $1,000 if you know where to look. The best place to start is with freelancers or small production agencies.

so the NRA has to spend 350k to make a point in a commercial?? i think it just needs to short and to the point as in the case of AB962

point is, the commercial could happen and NOT really needed for two weeks you think?? im sure their are FRIENDS OF THE NRA that can make commercials for them for ALOT less money than what is stated as reference in your quote.

and again you forgot to quote....
Most small- to medium-sized business owners find that local advertising fits better with their budgets and marketing goals. A 30-second time slot in a medium-sized market can be purchased for as little as $5 per 1,000 viewers, meaning that you could easily expect to pay less than $100 per commercial slot. Even cheaper rates may be available for off-hour programming.

it is obvious the numbers are inflated as it IS possible that commercials could be had...AND bring in more members to generate revenue.

6172crew
10-13-2009, 10:28 PM
you left out the following from your quote....

so the NRA has to spend 350k to make a point in a commercial?? i think it just needs to appease everyone and not just a certain few....

point is, the commercial could happen and NOT really needed for two weeks you think?? im sure their are FRIENDS OF THE NRA that can make commercials for them for ALOT less money than what is stated as reference in your quote.

and again you forgot to quote....

it is obvious the numbers are inflated as it IS possible that commercials could be had...AND bring in more members to generate revenue.

I get the outdoor channel here in Elk Grove, its full of NRA stuff but Im not sure anyone outside of those who already care would listen to the bad side of the latest bill. Stuffing it on CNN probably wouldnt work ethier, but if you wanted to start your own U-tube video and cross post it I think that might work;).

What I mean is; if you think your idea will work why not google how to make the video (editing, code,etc) and if it rules Im sure the NRA would step up and help you in fight. Just thinkin':chris:

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 10:45 PM
I did NOT say that I had anything against YOUR personal opinion. As anyone can plainly see, my point was that Mike is NOT an "NRA representative" (as was stated by someone else) --- so his opinion is his own.

Thanks for helping me make this point more clearly.

Paul

on the contrary, i would believe he IS a "NRA representative". he has volunteered to become one whether or not he is ACCEPTED by the NRA is a different story.

so in a LEGAL context, he is free and clear to give out advice albeit right or otherwise, as the NRA will not back him for wrong information disseminated, correct??

i understand why you jumped in the mud puddle as he is your friend and i am the FOE apparently. i merely just raised a controversial question as to WHY the NRA doesnt do commercials. im sure there is a cheaper way......YOUR THE NRA FOR CHRIST SAKE........jeezz......find a way. get members in a different market....heck why not in spanish???

badhabit90
10-13-2009, 10:51 PM
I get the outdoor channel here in Elk Grove, its full of NRA stuff but Im not sure anyone outside of those who already care would listen to the bad side of the latest bill. Stuffing it on CNN probably wouldnt work ethier, but if you wanted to start your own U-tube video and cross post it I think that might work;).

What I mean is; if you think your idea will work why not google how to make the video (editing, code,etc) and if it rules Im sure the NRA would step up and help you in fight. Just thinkin':chris:

sorry i would have to charge 350k for that.....hahhah jkjk

so you are seeing my point then......LETS BRAINSTORM...get more ways to advertise for less or next to nothing.......there are ways...U tube, and other websites ....like my car forums..i am a long time member on some other forums and could post banners in my SIG....for them to click on to become members, but it doesnt seem like im getting help here, just seems like im getting bashed for asking a simple question about TV ADS on LOCAL news channels. not everyone gets OLN or other channels like that.:cool:

oaklander
10-13-2009, 10:56 PM
I buy TV advertising for my "day job" for a small law firm.

It's not the magic cure that you think it is.

6172crew
10-13-2009, 11:00 PM
sorry i would have to charge 350k for that.....hahhah jkjk

so you are seeing my point then......LETS BRAINSTORM...get more ways to advertise for less or next to nothing.......there are ways...U tube, and other websites ....like my car forums..i am a long time member on some other forums and could post banners in my SIG....for them to click on to become members, but it doesnt seem like im getting help here, just seems like im getting bashed for asking a simple question about TV ADS on LOCAL news channels. not everyone gets OLN or other channels like that.:cool:

Im saying you would have a better time proving the point by showing us what you mean.

Mike showed up here and was taking a beating back in 2005-6, there were a few of us who stopped to listen and was better for it. Im willing to do the same to you if you will give us a U-tube video or at least some ideas other than "they should do this"

The U-tube idea isnt mine and the commercials isnt yours, but if you can rig something that does work Im all ears. I went to a NRA meeting a year or so ago and the mission was laid out by the VP, it included the net. I knwo your bent about the outcome of the bill but Mike isnt the guy to rip into about it.

If you want to talk with Paul he always answers his phone.:)

Bugei
10-14-2009, 7:36 AM
I don't see how a commercial or two or ten would have helped. If the point is to get people to call Hizzoner the Governator, people were doing that. And I'm morally certain that the calls were running 100-1 in favor of a veto.

He didn't care. He signed it anyway.

I'm not a huge fan of the NRA, but the things they did were the right things. Perhaps they could have done more, but it wouldn't have mattered on AB962. Hizzoner would have signed it anyway. I don't get his reasoning; I don't think any of us do. Whatever those reasons were, though, it's pretty obvious that public opinion was factored in and discounted.

M1A Rifleman
10-14-2009, 8:37 AM
Ahh, nice thought, and thumbs up for the intent.

But to get back to reality: there is no way the Democratic controlled State legislature will allow 373 to pass. I think there is more hope in the supposed lawsuit.

dantodd
10-14-2009, 8:37 AM

Mike is often held up as an excellent example of NRA activism. I had thought that he was also a coordinator of sorts working within the NRA as more than a "regular" volunteer. As such I, and many others I would venture, believed that when he posts it has greater weight wrt the NRAs position. If you are now telling me that his posts about NRA policy are not to be given any greater weight than anyone else's unless and until you corroborate them that is completely acceptable. If, on the other hand, he is actually more than a "regular" NRA member and attends closed door meetings etc. then I do not believe it is unfair to hold him to a higher standard. I will leave it to you and Mike to set the bar by which I read his posts.

dantodd
10-14-2009, 8:38 AM

Excellent. I didn't know that. So, what (in round numbers) does it cost to place the ads that seem to be effective enough to get your firm to continue to buy time?

H Paul Payne
10-14-2009, 8:51 AM
on the contrary, i would believe he IS a "NRA representative". he has volunteered to become one whether or not he is ACCEPTED by the NRA is a different story.

You can "believe" in anything that you would like. You can "believe" in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and Bigfoot, but it does not change the fact that you are wrong regarding your claims (beliefs) that Mike is an "NRA Representative."

so in a LEGAL context, he is free and clear to give out advice albeit right or otherwise, as the NRA will not back him for wrong information disseminated, correct??

I don't know what you are talking about. Do you? I am not a lawyer and even I were, I would not being giving legal advice/counsel on a public Internet forum.

i understand why you jumped in the mud puddle as he is your friend and i am the FOE apparently. i merely just raised a controversial question as to WHY the NRA doesnt do commercials. im sure there is a cheaper way......YOUR THE NRA FOR CHRIST SAKE........jeezz......find a way. get members in a different market....heck why not in spanish???

Again, it appears you are quite confused. I made the comment because of the reasons that I previously stated. No others. In fact, I didn't even respond to YOU. I responded to someone else. Don't imply that I lied because that will only show YOUR insincerity. Those who know me -- know that I do not lie, and there are many on this forum who will verify that fact. In fact, if anything, I am sometimes a little too candid. I'm not interested in playing some kind of "gotcha" game with you.

Yes, as I previously stated, Mike is my friend. But I don't know you, or even who you are. So, once again, you are mistaken. You are not my "FOE." How could you be? I have no idea who you are and you are well hidden behind a cute username that shields your true identity from me. I, on the other hand, use my true name and address and phone number and email address, etc. I am forthright for everyone to see. Ask any of the people -- here on Calguns -- that I have spoken with.

BTW, comments of "with all the money the NRA has they could chip a little..." are not "merely" asking as simple question. Comments like that clearly show that you are mistaken in your premiss and that appears to be offensive to some people -- including Mike.

Regarding your off-the-cuff comment about the NRA outreach in Spanish: http://www.nraespanol.org/ .

So, back to MY original point, Mike is a volunteer and he retains his right to his personal opinion.

Thanks for reading my response to your message.

Paul

badhabit90
10-14-2009, 6:26 PM

i know that it is NOT the magic cure, however, i do think it would touch alot more than just us here bickering on this forum.

i just watched another commercial for channel 12 news for a city mayor. thats twice now while watching the 6 oclock news. did this just cost 700k?? i really dont think this candidate for mayor has that kind of money for 2 spots on the local news channel, nor do i think it costs that much for this channel.

lemme get ahold of the video editor for the local 12 station to see if he has any info on what it would cost for a spot or two......

badhabit90
10-14-2009, 7:12 PM
You can "believe" in anything that you would like. You can "believe" in the Easter Bunny, Santa Claus, and Bigfoot, but it does not change the fact that you are wrong regarding your claims (beliefs) that Mike is an "NRA Representative."

well thank you for your confirmation on what i can "believe" in......i can sleep now. i guess you should tell other people the same thing since they, too, believed he was a "representative"..hence WHY you made your interjection. since i am now educated that he is NOT a representative, then i will look past his Benefactor member, members councils of California volunteers Pres, Volunteer of the year award, etc...but to me when i first viewed his signature, it would appear that he is a representative of the NRA. excuse my oversight.....

I don't know what you are talking about. Do you? I am not a lawyer and even I were, I would not being giving legal advice/counsel on a public Internet forum.

your right, i guess i dont.....i guess you cant see the legality of it, then whats the use in explaining......

Again, it appears you are quite confused. I made the comment because of the reasons that I previously stated. No others. In fact, I didn't even respond to YOU. I responded to someone else. Don't imply that I lied because that will only show YOUR insincerity. Those who know me -- know that I do not lie, and there are many on this forum who will verify that fact. In fact, if anything, I am sometimes a little too candid. I'm not interested in playing some kind of "gotcha" game with you.

i didnt imply anything. does someone have to come forward and defend me to tell you to respect MY right to MY opinion?? does someone need to verify facts that i dont lie?? who are you to sit an question MY integrity?? i guess im too candid for you.

Yes, as I previously stated, Mike is my friend. But I don't know you, or even who you are. So, once again, you are mistaken. You are not my "FOE." How could you be? I have no idea who you are and you are well hidden behind a cute username that shields your true identity from me. I, on the other hand, use my true name and address and phone number and email address, etc. I am forthright for everyone to see. Ask any of the people -- here on Calguns -- that I have spoken with.

im glad you call my username "cute" and that i am well hidden behind it. do you always belittle people because of their usernames?? thats pretty infantile..... would it really matter if i posted my real name, rank, ssn, or even my profession?? dont think so. i didnt come to this forum that was referred to me by a close friend to be questioned on who i am, what i do, or my "true" identity is. fact of the matter is i have had my identity stolen 2 times. my name according to SS is Juan Gonzales. literally. i had to FIGHT with them to gain my TRUE identity back. and quite frankly, its none of your business WHO I AM , where i live, my phone number, email, etc. is. are you investigating me for some reason??? hmmm.....what would you really need to know this for???? why would you even question why i dont have it posted??? does this make you better than me?? i think not.

BTW, comments of "with all the money the NRA has they could chip a little..." are not "merely" asking as simple question. Comments like that clearly show that you are mistaken in your premiss and that appears to be offensive to some people -- including Mike.

just seems like almost every bill that is introduced to CA is passed and we have to fight it to get it repealed...lets go back to the AWB.....introduced and passed. now this AB962...

Regarding your off-the-cuff comment about the NRA outreach in Spanish: http://www.nraespanol.org/ .

great , i will start handing out flyers in our local flower fields, strawberry fields, and other crops to help. i will do my part to educate them. thank you.

So, back to MY original point, Mike is a volunteer and he retains his right to his personal opinion.

Thanks for reading my response to your message.

Paul

great and IM ENTITLED TO MINE. /rant.