PDA

View Full Version : My email to Schwarzenegger

bpetro
10-12-2009, 10:39 PM
Governor Schwarzenegger-

I am a registered Republican that voted for you and I have to say that I am very sorry I did so. It is hard for me to imagine a Republican that was originally from Austria signing an anti-second amendment bill such as Assembly Bill 962. This is absolutely an infringement on my right to bear arms. Honestly I wasn't that surprised that you didn't veto it, but I was truly shocked that you signed it.

I find it interesting that you mentioned in your letter explaining your position on this bill that the bill is no more of a burden than the laws that are already in place governing gun sales in pawn shops. I recently had the opportunity to call pawn shops in my area looking for a used hunting rifle. You know what I was told? Due to the crippling amount of government paperwork and regulations involved in selling arms in California, not a single pawnshop in my county sells guns. And that is EXACTLY what our laws were designed to do. Run honest small business people out of business. Don't for a minute think that AB 962 won't do the same thing. I personally GUARANTEE that many law abiding California residents will choose to make the drive to Reno or Las Vegas to buy their ammunition in bulk simply to avoid the mandatory paperwork in California on principle. That will of course drive more arms dealers in California out of business which is EXACTLY what this bill was designed to do.

AB 962 will do NOTHING to reduce crime and you know it. Any moron can jump in a car and drive across a state line to purchase ammunition.

I am completely and totally disappointed in your lack of leadership in this area.

Dr. Peter Venkman
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
Arnold's email back:

I herd joor argument and I don't simply care, yeargh. It doesn't matter to me. My wife Maria say ARNOLD FIX DA CRIME, so I do it, yaagh.

You should see my superfantastical blockbuster hit movie, Terminator 2. I'm a good robot from the future, yargh.

- Ahnult

ponderosa
10-12-2009, 10:43 PM
nice letter. i hope he actually gets to read it. sometimes i wonder w/ the government(s) we have these days. pretty pathetic and sad.

welcome to CA...BOHICA.