PDA

View Full Version : Ammo Tea Party?

oldrifle
10-12-2009, 9:52 PM
The Boston Tea Party was launched in response to a relatively meager tax increase on tea. Isn't AB962 far worse than that? I know the "tea party" thing has been done to death lately, but would staging a CGF protest against this bill and other gun laws be worthwhile?

oaklander
10-12-2009, 9:53 PM
No, it would be great press for the anti's.

This will be fought in the courts.

The Boston Tea Party was launched in response to a relatively meager tax increase on tea. Isn't AB962 far worse than that? I know the "tea party" thing has been done to death lately, but would staging a CGF protest against this bill and other gun laws be worthwhile?

guntntteacher
10-12-2009, 9:55 PM

As it should be with more cases I hope

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 10:21 PM
Guys, let's take a deep breath and come back to this issue in a few days.

Last thing we need is a very public knee-jerk reaction which would be spun against us ten ways from Sunday.

There are plenty of opportunities for constructive action; please let me know if you're looking for some way to get involved.

oldrifle
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
You guys always have a way of making me feel like some kind of crazy *** half-cocked rebel rouser with your cool and calm reasoning.

At first I was all like:
:30::2guns::6::25::2guns:

And now I'm all like:
:innocent:

Theseus
10-12-2009, 10:35 PM
The idea of destroying someones property, no. . . but perhaps we can make it publicly known how many of us will simply refuse to buy in California because of AB-962.

wildhawker
10-12-2009, 10:37 PM
Don't get me wrong- I love the enthusiasm. :D.

We need all the energy we can get. I'm very sure there will be a few opportunities in the near future to go out there and get some on-the-ground work done. ;)

Paladin
10-12-2009, 11:01 PM
You guys always have a way of making me feel like some kind of crazy *** half-cocked rebel rouser with your cool and calm reasoning.

At first I was all like:
:30::2guns::6::25::2guns:

And now I'm all like:
:innocent:
You're not alone. I still wish we would do UOC marches in downtown SF to thumb our noses at Feinstein, Newsome, Fong (Is she still there?), Hennessey, etc.

Oh, well. I guess I really would rather get a CA CCW than the satisfaction of making them squirm by seeing a free People exercising their God-given rights.

frankiejoe577
10-12-2009, 11:52 PM
I think its a good idea, in the tea party they poured all of the tea into the ocean, for this ammo tea party you can pour all of the ammo into my truck bed, I will get rid of it for you.

catnipper
10-13-2009, 5:04 AM
I see very few men who are 2 amend supporters at the tea parties, I think you should all continue to stay home on the couch with the kid's rather than let the public see your face supporting less govt. To those that do go, thank you we need all of the PUBLIC support we can get, the message does no get to the PEOPLE that don't follow the goings on about these issues, if we are a people of and for the people we need to rally and inform the general public...

SkatinJJ
10-13-2009, 5:32 AM

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\ THIS!!!

A well organized presentation in the calm of a courtroom AS WE HAVE DONE in the past is a more effective way of protesting.

Remember that the first amendment allows us to assemble, (not the most effective) it also allows us to seek redress in the court. I opt for this first amendment solution.

Semper FI!!!

JJ

Legasat
10-13-2009, 7:32 AM
I have been going to the Tea Parties, and there ARE many 2A supporters there. I usually wear a T-shirt that reads:

"The Second Amendment is in place, in case our politicians forget the others."

oldrifle
10-13-2009, 8:01 AM
I see very few men who are 2 amend supporters at the tea parties, I think you should all continue to stay home on the couch with the kid's rather than let the public see your face supporting less govt. To those that do go, thank you we need all of the PUBLIC support we can get, the message does no get to the PEOPLE that don't follow the goings on about these issues, if we are a people of and for the people we need to rally and inform the general public...

I agree man. We have to show the public that we're normal people. I think the general non-shooting public has this notion that people who like guns are a bunch of hayseed redneck hicks when really a lot of us are engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. The clean-cut, professional, responsible face of gun ownership needs to be more visible to the public eye.

Vectrexer
10-13-2009, 8:04 AM
I'm all for the calm, cool and collected application of legal sledgehammers to lawbook kneecaps.

Vectrexer
10-13-2009, 8:06 AM
I agree man. We have to show the public that we're normal people. I think the general non-shooting public has this notion that people who like guns are a bunch of hayseed redneck hicks when really a lot of us are engineers, doctors, lawyers, etc. The clean-cut, professional, responsible face of gun ownership needs to be more visible to the public eye.

Hey now! Those "hayseed redneck hicks" won the battles that founded this country! Same as the bookworms like us whoe also fought!

EBR Works
10-13-2009, 8:14 AM
Save your money for gas, t-shirt, banner and bail that you would have used at a march/demonstration/insurrection and donate it to the CalGuns Foundation instead. Guaranteed results here and you can do it from the comfort and safety of your couch:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=108030

oldrifle
10-13-2009, 8:30 AM
Hey now! Those "hayseed redneck hicks" won the battles that founded this country! Same as the bookworms like us whoe also fought!

Hey, I didn't mean it in a bad way. Some of my friends (and family) could be described as such.

catnipper
10-13-2009, 3:47 PM
The public must see that we are average LAW abiding citizens, and yes there are SOME gunners at the rally's, BUT, I know that the gun owners I know DO NOT get off the couch and be seen with the exception of 1 other. Get up or shut up, I am tired of hearing " I donated"....

trex
10-13-2009, 4:00 PM
I'm a new member and not even sure about posting to the thread; don't have a cool vid-image; but I cannot stay still just now; i'm boiling over...
I've been a competitive Bullseye shooter for
~9 years. This bill will destroy the shooting sports in CA; that's what they want to do; that's
what this is all about destroying shooters; has nothing at all to do w/crime and those criminals know it...I did what I could before the ab962 vote; I called and mailed afterward just so His Eminence knows there are some very disappointed people that are going to work to see he never holds public office in CA again (and I will)...but
...Who, What organizations and When will this be fought in the courts (joke that they are)?????