PDA

View Full Version : good dot/ reflex sight for 7.62x39

ak shooter762
10-12-2009, 10:31 PM
i want a good sight that will at least last for a couple hundred shots, but i dont want to spend alot of money(that i dont got)on a sight that i will not use much just now and then, i dont think i will ever shoot 1000 through it.

around $100 or less

Jpach
10-13-2009, 12:14 AM
Get the Vortex Strikefire. Its like 150 i believe but its VERY good for the money. I run it on my AK-74 and Camp 9. I need more.

sd1023x
10-13-2009, 8:13 AM
if you want semi pro grade, you could try to find a plastic C-more for cheap.

tomd1584
10-13-2009, 9:28 AM
Primary Arms

HalveNaught
10-13-2009, 9:31 AM
LaRue Tactical IronDot looks sweeeeet

full use of ak iron sights with reflexive red dot

what more do u need?

duraglock
10-13-2009, 10:05 AM
Save your money buy ammo. If you go cheap you will buy twice. For just a few hundred shots use irons.

Solidsnake87
10-13-2009, 11:13 AM
Just keep in mind that cheaper optics are more sensitive to jarring and recoil. Also, depending on how you mount it, the optic could fry. I fried an Eotech on an Ultimak mount before but they swapped it out under warranty--this is also the benefit to a nice optic. A nice warranty can help ease the pain of a bad lesson learned.

In light of this, I still recommend the Ultimak mount--you just need to use an elevated mount to slow the heat transfer (like the aimpoint AB mounts). Or, simply remove the optic if you are rapid firing or going through a time intensive period of fire.

There are several options that are not too pricey. I would suggest the LaRue irondot as others have.

Also, you might want to look into picking up a used Trijicon Reflex. These can be had used with the mount for about $250. They also don't need batteries since they run on fiber optics and tritium. If you look hard enough, you can find one for $250 that still has an unfilled warranty card. Try Ebay, thats how I got mine :)

ak shooter762
10-13-2009, 2:50 PM
[QUOTE=duraglock;3204706]Save your money buy ammo. If you go cheap you will buy twice. For just a few hundred shots use irons.[/QUOTE

i like the irons because iam good with them they just get blurry when i try to aim. somebody said a peep sight would help but all the peep sights i seen people gave them bad reviews or they just cost to much

hellraiser
10-13-2009, 4:12 PM
i like the irons because iam good with them they just get blurry when i try to aim. somebody said a peep sight would help but all the peep sights i seen people gave them bad reviews or they just cost to much

i got a mojo microclick and it works well for me...