PDA

View Full Version : AB962 Final draft?

Ding126
10-12-2009, 6:52 PM
Can some one post the actual law that passed. ( with removed wording )

I would like to read it and not rely on all the FUD going around tonight.

Thanks in Advance

ke6guj
10-12-2009, 6:56 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090921_enrolled.html

Ding126
10-12-2009, 7:24 PM
http://www.leginfo.ca.gov/pub/09-10/bill/asm/ab_0951-1000/ab_962_bill_20090921_enrolled.html

Thanks !

Ding126
10-12-2009, 7:32 PM
In a nut shell...The record of ammunition sales will be kept with the dealer and can be viewed upon request by LE agencies.
This law does little to nothing to pursure felons / Gang members from buying ( as long as they provide the needed information ) Its a after the fact tool..Right??

It also doen't account for how much ammo a dealer brings into the state but only accounts for what is sold...Hmm any back room sales?...Don't tell me that won't happen someplace somewhere.

I also wonder how much more we are going to pay for 10 rnd mags in Ca..They are near worthless in any other part of the counrty.

It also mentions bullets & cartriges..so does that mean that projectiles and brass fall under this new registration

Please correct me if I misread anything

I can hear the rest of the country laughing at us.....again

GrizzlyGuy
10-12-2009, 7:35 PM
It also mentions bullets & cartriges..so does that mean that projectiles and brass fall under this new registration

No, see here and you can also read up/down to Librarian's posts:

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=3185752#post3185752

Magazines also aren't affected.

97F1504RAD
10-12-2009, 7:40 PM
So I have a question about this. Since this applies to in state ammunition dealers how can they possibly enforce this for out of state dealers. As an example: Let's say ammoman for instance has my CDL and my thumbprint on file and has UPS deliver me my ammo in a face to face signature required would that then technically be legal?

How do they plan to check out of States records if in fact we have this info on file with on out of state ammo dealer?

Quoting this section:

SEC. 7. Section 12318 is added to the Penal Code, to read:
12318. (a) Commencing February 1, 2011, the delivery or transfer
of ownership of handgun ammunition may only occur in a face-to-face
transaction with the deliverer or transferor being provided bona fide
evidence of identity from the purchaser or other transferee. A
violation of this section is a misdemeanor.

So if in the above example Ammoman has my CDL and thumbprint and then ask for UPS to check my CDL upon delivery would this not be legal?

Ding126
10-12-2009, 7:46 PM
I see the average Joe-FFL reading it as written ( like my self ) I see projectiles, cartriges, mags & clips included.

This is going to be very frustrating to educate outside the state let alone inside.

I wish I was better educated to undstand written laws

Ding126
10-12-2009, 7:54 PM
So I have a question about this. Since this applies to in state ammunition dealers how can they possibly enforce this for out of state dealers. As an example: Let's say ammoman for instance has my CDL and my thumbprint on file and has UPS deliver me my ammo in a face to face signature required would that then technically be legal?

How do they plan to check out of States records if in fact we have this info on file with on out of state ammo dealer?

So if in the above example Ammoman has my CDL and thumbprint and then ask for UPS to check my CDL upon delivery would this not be legal?

I like it