PDA

View Full Version : 2020 VISION

cal_gunner
10-12-2009, 3:52 PM
Where do you see us in 9 years in terms of 2nd Amendment Laws?
California and as a Nation.

Cobrafreak
10-12-2009, 4:10 PM
I'll let you know as soon as SCOTUS arrives at a decision next year......

bwiese
10-12-2009, 4:16 PM
In 5 years our laws will be roughly like 1988 with some trivial differences from then, and some major improvements too:

10 day wait may reduce, and would be for first gun only.
no wait, just bkgd check, for subsequent purchases for N-gun owners.
no Roster - shot down within ~1+ yr.
no microstamping - that dies with Roster, or from other patent reasons.
no features AW ban - ergonomic features can't criminalize guns, and they are not 'dangerous and unusual' (per Heller);
rational CCW issuance: good cause = self-defense. May not have shall-issue codified in law, but sheriffs/LEOs have to issue pretty much
if clean record/no psycho/DUIs etc.
50BMG goes - irrational ban of caliber trivially different than other legal calibers, not any more 'dangerous and unusual' than other calibers. If AW ban goes, 50 can go too.

CaliforniaCarry
10-12-2009, 4:36 PM
In 5 years our laws will be roughly like 1988 with some trivial differences from then, and some major improvements too:

no features AW ban - ergonomic features can't criminalize guns, and they are not 'dangerous and unusual' (per Heller);
rational CCW issuance: good cause = self-defense. May not have shall-issue codified in law, but sheriffs/LEOs have to issue pretty much
50BMG goes - irrational ban of caliber trivially different than other legal calibers, not any more 'dangerous and unusual' than other calibers. If AW ban goes, 50 can go too.

What are the chances that the high capacity magazine laws will be stricken down within that time frame as well?

bwiese
10-12-2009, 5:00 PM
What are the chances that the high capacity magazine laws will be stricken down within that time frame as well?

That's a separate effort and should be done later.
What we don't want is hicap status being considered as part of the firearm, so are arguments are clear.

There are no laws against misapplying a marked, 10rd 458SOCOM magazine use with other calibers like 223.

Sinestr
10-12-2009, 5:02 PM

I HOPE your right. It's time for some victories.

KylaGWolf
10-12-2009, 5:29 PM
Bill I like your list. Although I would like to add if they do keep background checks they make it to where all they do is see if anything has changed since the last one and be instant with no waiting period at all if clear.

gazzavc
10-12-2009, 5:32 PM
Thank you Bill, for having the wisdom to try and make this happen.

Gary

BroncoBob
10-12-2009, 5:38 PM
Wow, something to look forward to.

otteray
10-12-2009, 6:02 PM
Nothing in the tea leaves about having to drive to Reno for bulk ammo purchases?

bwiese
10-12-2009, 6:09 PM
Nothing in the tea leaves about having to drive to Reno for bulk ammo purchases?

We start moving out of RKBA into commerce issues on things like that and not all things are prohibited by commerce clause.

I cannot see ammo limits (other than fire codes) standing muster, however.

I can easily see Calguns Ammo Dumps by UPS railheads stationed around the state :)

Shotgun Man
10-12-2009, 6:15 PM

What does "N-gun" mean?

I think everything you say is plausible, possible, but I believe 50BMG regs could stand.

Dr Rockso
10-12-2009, 6:42 PM
What does "N-gun" mean?
We take N to be a positive integer, so N-gun would be a fancy way to refer to people who already own guns :D

luckystrike
10-12-2009, 7:16 PM
Where do you see us in 9 years in terms of 2nd Amendment Laws?
California and as a Nation.

I think things will be way worse.... not wishful thinking i know.
BTW 2020 is not in 9 years.

sv_1
10-12-2009, 7:31 PM
I believe he was refering to 20/20 vision, not the year. Foresight this time;)

Shotgun Man
10-12-2009, 7:45 PM
We take N to be a positive integer, so N-gun would be a fancy way to refer to people who already own guns :D

I studied physics and calculus years ago. The expression doesn't leap out at you.

gazzavc
10-12-2009, 8:28 PM

More likely something in the lead deposits about having to drive to Reno for bulk tea purchases :)

Sorry couldn't resist a bit of levity..........

chris
10-12-2009, 8:43 PM

bill ii like your list but a bit ambitous though. but the way this state is i see things worse not better in the next 5 yrs. in 9 this state will be run by bigger idiots than we see today.