PDA

View Full Version : Where to transfer in Berkley area?

Otony
07-04-2005, 8:55 AM
I have a possible sale on my Ruger PC9 carbine, and am meeting a fellow half way. He is coming from Santa Rosa, I am coming from Sunnyvale, so other suggestions would be appreciated as well.

Any suggestions for a dealer around the Berkley area willing to transfer a rifle? Can be a little North or South, but we are trying to stay pretty close if possible.

Thanks in advance!

Otony

vaporone_859k@hotmail.com
07-04-2005, 1:46 PM
Fremont's not all that far from Berkely and Irvington Arms in Fremont, run by a board member here, is a great shop for pretty much anything. Give them a call.

Irvington Arms
510-226-7910

Otony
07-04-2005, 4:46 PM
Not far for me, but still a whole lot further for the fellow who has to drive back 10 days later.

I was hoping to save him a drive, and stay closer to Santa Rosa. But thanks for the suggestion!

ligamentum flavum
07-04-2005, 6:54 PM
Try San Leandro Rifle and Pistol Range at 510- 638-9605. I had them do a transfer in 1998. That was when I was still at Cal. Not sure if they do it anymore, but you can call and ask. Too bad Seigels is out of business.

minion82@yahoo.com
07-04-2005, 7:20 PM
I live in Berkeley. The absolute closest place is Old West Gun Room, in El Cerrito. Next closest is Traders (I think) in San Leandro.

whatever
07-04-2005, 10:46 PM
Go to the Big 5 Sporting goods in El ceritto. They are the cheapest to do private party transfers.

There are no gunshops at all in berkeley by municipal decree.

chunger
07-13-2005, 3:58 AM
I did a PPT at Old West gun room in El Cerrito. . . the transaction was smoothe, and the gentleman there was very nice. No hassles, no problems, paid my federally mandated $35, and it was done.

Otony
07-13-2005, 7:08 AM
Thanks to all who have replied. As it turned out, the original buyer decided to pass, a decision that was made very honorably. A local fellow (our own Maxicon) picked it up, and we conducted our transfer at Kerleys.

I do appreciate the suggestions, and will keep them for possible future use. I also appreciate the chance to meet Maxicon, we had a very enjoyable hour or so at Kerleys.